https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: naturelady () on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 06:46 AM EST  
Anonymous: naturelady

:hello:Good Morning, Jean.hug I see you too. Hope you have a wonderful day. Cute pic of Iona doing ketchup.Smile

By: EastCoast (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 07:29 AM EST  
EastCoast

wave

Good Morning Dear Red HeartFriendsRed Heart

Wishing You a Wonderful Day ! Wub

~ Laurie ~

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks” ~ John Muir

Forum

Durham Bridge, New
Brunswick CANADA

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 08:28 AM EST  
anna-holland

Good Morning all at the EA chat:hello:

Yesterday was a sunny day and it was the first day I could go on bike, all snow is gone on the streets. I go to the wet meadows, to see if some new birds arrived. All Gulls and yessss 2 Common Mergansers, female. No tripod with me Mad...but I did my best. At home I saw it was not sharp as I would. Today back, with tripod and hoping they are still there. Only one, and most cloudy weather. At home there was no different between the pict. So only I can hope to see them next time closer.

click on the pict. for bigger

It is nice when the sky is blue, it reflect always great on water.
The Common Merganser ( or Goosander ) large diving duck.
Click on image to download

In the bill is a row with small teeth, if they catch a fish , then the fish can`t get away. ( on the pict is not a fish in the bill)

The C. Merganser is only in the winter here.

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 08:31 AM EST  
anna-holland

The C. Merganser is only in the winter here.

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 09:18 AM EST  
anna-holland

The post is a bit weird. 3 pict. and 3 file with the 1, 2 and 3. Number 3 he don`t do it Roll eyes... and if I do 2 pict. only one showed up.

The Juvenile Moorhen ...if he is a adult he has a red and yellow bill. They like grass, insects, tadpoles and water plants. On the pict., behind the Moorhen I see new coming up water plants. ( the plants are a bit blurry but is you look a bit squint :blink: whow sharp image LOL)

The Great Blue Heron. It is a biiiiig bird and I read he only weight 2 kilo, ( 4.41 pound, if I am right) Well is is enough when he fly.

On a bit snow the Common Teal. The duck is the smallest in Europe. 36 cm or 14.2 inch. They are working a lot in the nights. The little one on the right is so cute looking. ( click bigger)

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 09:30 AM EST  
anna-holland

The weather recipe for today , a bit cloudy and a bit sun. Mixed the rain with sunbeams and you got a colorful rainbow in no time.Wub

:hello:bbl

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 10:36 AM EST  
yalitldevl

{{{{{{{{{{{Mornin' Nestlings}}}}}}}}}}}} :hello:

weeeeeeeeeeee Rose had gotten the DVD's a couple days ago and yesterday gave the one to Laura and Justin and she said they just looooved it and that sweetpea sat there quiet the whole time and pointing then she'd look at her Nana. Isn't that cute?? Wub I at the same time got a xmas card from Rose and she put that sweet pic of Rach in it that they used for their xmas cards. I have a frame the perfect size for it I think.

wooooooohoooooo to Underdog last night! Clapping I'd seen that before and it dawned on me the minute the male hooked up with the 4 year old female. It was just as awesome the second time.

bit o' red after I signed off last night....

Hi Linda I fully agree with you, Iona is for sure our Ketchup Queen and deserves that crown! I'm glad you liked the collages for Kat and Lance. I did a wee fix on the first one then added the center frame that Lance liked and that's the one they're gettting. I'm glad Marinda and Brad had a great time and are safely back home now. I know you miss her when she goes there.

sorry about your dinner confusion Elle, that sounded like my and BFF's phone calls. Hope you had fun when it was all said and done

Hi Judy, thanks for those brave hearts and doing the polar bear plunge and sorry you had food poisoning too....man alive. I hope your son's move went well

{{{{{{{{{{Candy}}}}}}}}}}} geeee I remember you saying something at the show but I thought you were kidding and that it meant something else! Now that you say it I see you weren't kidding. Cry Hanky Now that's one disease I know a little but not a lot. I hope it's early and that with breathing exercise and meds it can be controlled. I'm so sorry GF and I hope you keep us updated as you learn and go along. You liked the same thing Lance did and that's what they're getting, I'll show you the fixed one

Hey Scott, thanks for the bears. That was interesting the shot in the den and that mice sleep with them. Be a perfectly warm spot that's for sure. I came over and looked at the great pics last night as I was watching PBS I'll go drop off a note

Ohhhh no Dede, to boot I know nothing to be able to help with a Mac. I know jkr-Judy uses one so you could fire off a PM to her and she'll know.

hahaaaa Scott, no I didn't see you answer Nanc in the chat it was going by at 90 mph. You can spank me back though if you think I deserve it. I'm glad you liked the collages and yeah woooohoooo is right huh!! Music to my eyes for sure and I get to dream that it's Teeny and Grace and they both survived. I love that little waterfall BF, I sit there and listen when I go by. hehe now Sue knows how to rake in more pts. Protect you from me Wooh

tah dah...I'm at today Very Happy

today....

thanks for our kickoff {{{{Jean}}}}

Mornin' Sue how do .....oh never mind...hehe. Yupper Jean came to my rescue with the recordings. Thanks Hon and yes Kat said Lance was pretty shockerooed especially seeing the old pics of them. weeeeeee to the juvies! Now I have to figure out where they'll hang out for the next fish pile. That temp drop was unreal. I don't know if I told you but I fell asleep that night with all 3 windows open, woke up one solid icicle in the middle of the night...haha. I hope you guys had a great day yesterday.

awwww sweetpeeps, mornin' back {{{{Jean}}}}. I'm glad you liked the pics and man alive you're right! ouch to the ice pellets and freezing cold but you know how it is. Pics must go on just like the show! I hope you're feeling 100% now. Did you get your oven fixed? hehe love the pic for Iona and I hope you have a happy Monday too. I'm kinda not lovin' it cause it's back to cookin' with BFF back now but it sure was a great break.

ohhh wow Pea, no funny tortured Monday COTD! just doesnt seem right...haha Thanks for the perty one though

Mornin' Anna, sorry about the tripod situation but the pics are great either way! I love Mergansers I think they're cute with their little punk rocker doos they have. Funny how yours stay there in the cold and mine leave. huh that's odd about the post acting like that. yupper I squinted and it was perfectly clear hehe. I love those shots and yeah he sure is a cutiebeak. woooohoooooo to our first rainbow of 2011! A beauty too!

Mornin Judy, wasn't that obsurd!! I seen that on the news. I can't wait to hear what they determine as the cause for sure. How horrible a scene would that be to wake up to....yeesh. :blink:

Rose sent me this and I had seen it but a long time ago and was neat to watch again....

Crow raises Kitten

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: CovingtonKat (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 11:44 AM EST  
CovingtonKat

Pink Flower Of The Day

Let's start this new year with a brightly colored rhody bloom! Wub love hug

HWF Member since March 2006.

Forum

Covington, WA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:34 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate