https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: cockatiel (offline) on Sunday, January 02 2011 @ 09:39 PM EST  
cockatiel

Good Sunday morning, Jean Colder than heck here today.

Note to IONA, Now I know how you did so well in school. Man alive have you been on a roll. Phew

Laurie, very sweet Sunday card.

Linda, interesting about the BBWhistling Duck. I never knew ducks spent time in trees until I saw the one video with the chicks jumping out of a cavity into the water. Safer landing than concrete.

Kathy, :hello: The bear cam is addictive once a baby is born. Hopefully one this year too. Going to be a crowded den.

Jean, nice shots from the Bear Cam. I'll have to make some pit stops there now and again.

Elle, funny, I tried and tried, but I couldn't find Ruud, Anna or Brigitte. Green LOL We had our Polar Bear Plunge 2011 yesterday, but no where near like that one.

Anna, at least we all, or some, belong to the Old Coot's Club. What a group we are.

Poor Scott, getting such a hard time for doing ketchup with show on. i did it once or 2wice. I did enjoy the music while I typed. Seriously, i wouldn't have been able to join in the chat, up and down and all around, so I listened and typed and got up and sat down and nobody was the wiser. Shh

Starr, food poisoning is horrid. My Mom had it. Hope you are feeling better. Umm, just to let you know, we missed you and your accent. Titter

Annie, excellent scap of Lily and Hope.

Lori, all of those card are pretty. I like the hearts framing them. Like heart balloons floating.

Judy, nice pics of the eagle and nest. Lucy is the sweetest little sweetie on 4 paws. love

Sue, :hello: Nancy :hello: and anyone else I may have missed.

Starr, nice job with the card and collage. Kat and Lance's famous lip-lock seen across the continents. Red Heart A true love story.

Dede, it's very heartbreaking to deal with those decisions. I hope you will be able to find a safe place for your MIL.

Starr, Iona, I saw the listing for the eagle show on PBS. They're running it again another day which I'm glad because I can't watch it tonight.

Rose, the Peggy's Cove pics were fantastic.

Linda, you said it in words and picture....Iona, queen of ketchup.

Elle, hope you enjoy your dinner and evening.

I have meant to say at one time or another, that all the avatars look nice. I also know that it was at Nancy request.

Well, I have COPD. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, which I'm sure many of you have heard of. Not enough oxygen in my blood. Funny, because I've been on a 2 cig a day diet for over 5 yrs. Maybe from some asbestos too from working in the auto industry. Oh, well, what you gonna do. At least I know that it isn't Tom that is taking by breath away. Well, maybe he still does, but the heavy panting is not as heavy anymore. Roll eyes
So, I'll have to be on meds for it and get some breathing lessons in. I can't run as fast up and down the stairs and I would never be able to join Gord and Linda at Algonquin Park. Titter

Everyone have a nice night. I'm trying to stay warm and cozy because it's a chilly 19 deg.

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Sunday, January 02 2011 @ 09:39 PM EST  
mmud

Good evening everyone :hello:

Hope you are all doing well and having a great day. Nodding yes

I haven't even skimmed ketchup yet as I still haven't had lunch. I shall return. Titter

Of Mice and Bears: 02 January 2011

Southern red-backed vole
Click on image to download

A few pics from Sunday's drive.
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: elle (offline) on Sunday, January 02 2011 @ 10:07 PM EST  
elle

Beautiful snappies, muddy. I hope you don't mind if I save some for my eyes only.

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Sunday, January 02 2011 @ 11:17 PM EST  
MayLine

Don't Panic Bash computer Rant:

Okay - now I am %#*&@$ - ing mad and I know the agony of loss others have mentioned. I just spent over an hour doing a rare (for me) ketchup and poof! just lost it. I use the tab system on the Mac Powerbook and toggle back and forth between the thread and the "post reply page." Well obviously that system isn't foolproof because as I toggled, I lost the tab with the ketchup on it.

Well, Candy, Scott, judy, Lori, Linda, elle, Nanc, Starr and Jean -- I had gotten through comments to you all and I am very sorry but it all went up in cybersmoke. I did everything I could think of to retrieve it. (Anyone else here have a Mac with the tab system?)

I was thinking of you all............... Wub

I will just rewrite one comment: Candy, I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering with COPD. Is this a new diagnosis? Are there some therapies that could increase your lung capacity? All the best with finding some improvement for your symptoms! I don't know much about COPD but it sounds like a challenge for sure.

sleepyGood night everyone!

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 02:53 AM EST  
mmud

:hello:

Pretty sunset pics from Peggy's Cove Rose. Smile

Thanks for the link to Saturday's show Ruud. Smile

Cute greet for Sunday Laurie. Smile
I hope you`re feeling better.

Thanks for the info, pics, and vid of the Black-bellied Whistling Duck for BOTD Linda. Smile
Another very pretty duck. Their call reminds me of a squeak toy.
Lovely crown for Iona. She definitely deserves it.
Looking forward to the pics from Monday's adventure.

Great to hear you had a fun weekend Kathy. Smile
Wasn`t that nice of the Seahawks to pull out a win for ya too

Iona wave

Nice s'caps from the den cam Jean. Smile
Benny Hill "Assume"?

Not a good enough excuse for a beatin' Lori. NO
Did you not see where I had answered Nanc in the chat at the show?.........or were you multitasking?? Whistling
Lovely collages for Kat & Lance. Smile
WOOHOO to all the juvies! That musta made your day. Hope you see more each time you go out. Nodding yes
That's still a very pretty pic of the stream. Smile

Ya gotta love the New Year's Polar Bear Swims elle. Titter
Too many people so I missed seeing Anna, Ruud, & Brigitte. :dunno:
My last words on BubbaJean's treatment too. A bullet is a lot cheaper than the cost of relocating. There were far better options than the one they chose IMHO.
I see how it is now........you don't even need a reason to applaud me getting an undeserved beatin'. Titter
Sounds like you're having so much fun with dinner tonight. I hope you just sat down and enjoyed a great meal. Smile
I don't mind at all if you save any of the pics. I take that as a compliment.

Nice s'caps from the show Anna. Smile
Cute "old" Coot pic. Titter
I choose to remain avatarless.
Thanks for the red spot info on the American and Common Coots.

Finally.........a voice of reason! 20,000 points Sue. Titter

Sorry to hear you were ill Starr, but glad you're feeling better today. Smile
Beautiful card for Kat & Lance and lovely collage from the show.
Thanks for the link to The American Eagle. (Still not available in my area, but I've seen it. A very good show.)

Nice s'cap of Lily & Hope Annie. Smile

Pretty pics of the nest, flying adult, and perched juvie Judy. Smile
Cute pic of Lucy Loo.
Nice shot of the Polar Bear swim.
That "American Eagle" show isn't available in Canada, but you can click all of the links on the right side and can see many parts of the show.

Sorry to hear about your MIL's age-related issues Dede. Sad
Dealing with that is hard on everyone, including her.
I like the ketchup routine "Pass/Fail" Titter
Oh man.......sorry to see your ketchup disappeared. Your post did remind me to click "Save as" again on mine as it's been a while.
Can't help you as I don't have a Mac, but saving posts in Notepad or Word then copy/pasting when you're done works for me.

Awwww.........don't feel guilty about anything Nanc. Titter
I found 2 vids of the Whistling Ducks as they're flying and man they are noisy!
The Pens/Caps game was pretty entertaining. Too bad about the rain, but still kinda cool to see outdoor games like that. Smile

Sorry to hear you have COPD Candy. Sad
I hope the meds and breathing exercises help.

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 03:00 AM EST  
nonniejean8

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Monday ~ January 03, 2011

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: naturelady () on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 05:32 AM EST  
Anonymous: naturelady

Good Morning Everyone,:hello:

Now time for a little ketchup….

Jean, thanks for starting off our day. I loved that photographers story too about being with the bears. Thanks, Jean glad you liked the sunset pic. Thanks for the scaps of the den. I should turn it on now too.

Ruud, thanks for posting the link to the show. I was able to watch what I missed. Thanks.

Laurie, thanks for our sweet Sunday greeting. Hope you had a great day too and are feeling better.

Linda, thanks for our BOTD the Black Bellied Whistling Duck. That is the cutest thing. Thanks for the pics, facts sounds and videos, Linda. Glad everything went well picking up Brad and Marinda and now everyone is home safe.

Kathy, glad to hear you had a great time at New Years with your friends. Sorry you still have to start work at 5:00a.m. again this week.

Elle, thanks for the link of those swimmers. At least they had hats on to keep warm.Wink Loved your story about your dinner guests. I’m sure your dinner was delicious and you and Ian and your #1 son had a wonderful evening.

Lori, glad Jean could help you out with the show. I almost clicked on the wrong one too. But I got to watch the beginning of the show and got to see your beautiful presentation for Kat and Lance. How beautiful. You really did a wonderful job and I’ll bet Lance was sooo surprised. Woohoo to seeing your juvies. 4 of them! That would be wonderful if that was Teeny and Grace. Glad you were able to see them. Sorry about you being so cold. The temps have dropped here too! Beautiful pic of your water fall.

Anna, cute pic of the old coot!

Starr, sorry to read you had food poisoning. Glad to read you are feeling better now. Beautiful poem, pic and collage for Kat and Lance, Starr.

Annie, thanks for the cute scaps of Lily and Hope. That’s cute how you and hubby spend Sundays together like that. Hope you two had a great day.

(((Dede))), sorry about your MIL. Hope you and your SIL can find something that you both feel will be better for your MIL. Oh no….sorry you lost your post!

Iona and Starr, thanks for the heads up on the eagle show. I saw it last year but saw your posts and turned it on again. Wonderful show. Thank you both.

Nancy, that’s what I loved about the Whistling Ducks, their pink legs and beak. That would be cool to hear them whistle. I know, gf you were just teasing poor Scott. Gee, your Steelers sure clobbered our Browns.Oh My We had a horrable season. Congrats on the win.

(((Candy))), so sorry to read about the COPD. Yes, I have heard of it. Glad to read the meds seem to be helping you. Hope you keep feeling better, gf.hug

Scott, thanks for the bear updates. That was such an interesting article that photographer wrote. Really enjoyed it. And thanks I’ll be checking out your latest outing soon. Gorgeous pic of your eagle sitting up in that tree. And thanks for the points, Scott.Smile

End of Sunday

Hope everyone has a great day.:hello:

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Monday, January 03 2011 @ 05:56 AM EST  
nonniejean8

:hello: Good Morning Red Heart SweetPeeps Red Heart

Starr...hug
Love the show s’cap & collage.

SS Annie…Great den s’cap…you got’em both. Left thumb up

Anna…Great show s’caps for Lori.

Red Heart Lori Red Heart…Love the cards…your juvie captures…& the thawing stream.
Brrrrr @ freezing & being pelted with ice…doesn’t sound fun a’tall. NO

Judy…WoooooHooooo to your pictures…good job.
I can not imagine taking a dip in that icy water. Oh My

Suehug

Ionahug

Dedehug

Red Heart Nanc Red Heart…I should have given Iona more points. Nodding yes

Linda…Happy to hear the trip went well…& love Iona’s crown. Clapping

EllePhew What a day! hug

Red Heart SweetCandy Red Heart…Hope you will…I enjoy peeking in on Hope & Lily too.
Of course Ma & Pa Sidney are my favorites to catch on cam...looking forward to eggs in the nest.
I am familiar with COPD…please take care. hug

Scott…Hmmmmm…could have been a mouse/vole causing all the restlessness in the den yesterday morning? Never thought about that. :huh:
Thanks for the beautiful Sunday drive. Red Heart
Benny Hill?…YEP. Titter

Good Morning, Sue...See you! Smile

Red Heart Wishing A Happy Monday For Everyone Red Heart . wave

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:45 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate