Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Carolina Raptor Center NC - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: golden1 (offline) on Wednesday, January 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM EST  
golden1

I too love it when they sit like this at the side of the nest. I have absolutely fallen Wub with this pair. As I have watched this morning they have perched together and been off in the snow around the enclosure. Ma seems to go afield a bit more that dad today. I am so glad it is sunny there today.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Thursday, January 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM EST  
golden1

Jan. 13, 2011

Click on image to download

Looks like there was more snow overnight. They have cleared the egg bowl/cup again. No ice on the cam so it is warming up. Love the sunshine.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, January 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM EST  
JudyB

Quote by: MaryF

And no "fluff"!! sigh sign

They were listening, Mary - see what was just delivered to the nest. Smile

It looked as if the staff person(?) removed the sticks, kicked/scooped out as much snow as practical, dumped in a bag of leaves and stuff, added a pile of additional branches, and returned their original branches - I have a bunch of s'caps and will try to remember to bring them home and do a slideshow tonight.

I am vaguely curious what Derek and Savannah are going to think about all this - but they are used to humans wandering through and distributing food and performing other tasks - and they are limited in terms of where they can go to gather sticks.

Added - 5:26 pm

Derek and Savannah just arrived, and are checking out the nest and getting to work on making it "just right"!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, January 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM EST  
MaryF

Thanks for the info and the scaps, JudyB!!. I'm just thrilled that they gave them some fluff!!! Do you think this might be the first time they have done this? Hope Savannah enjoys something a bit softer. Smile

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, January 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM EST  
JudyB

I don't know, Mary - I looked at our earliest pictures from last year in the archive (threads at the bottom of the index or use link in the first post), and couldn't tell if the nest had been "enhanced" before they laid their eggs. I'm guessing we'll be able to tell more in a couple of days - I might be wrong, but am guessing that there will be a whole lot of nestorations going on, now that they have "stuff" to work with. They were doing a great job of bringing in the few broken branches lying about the habitat - but now they've got lots of things to move about, and I'm betting that they'll be making a cozy little nest. And once they've done that, we should be able to compare it to the pics from last year (which started a couple of weeks after the eggs were laid), and see if this looks more luxurious. I must say I think it looks a whole lot better! Smile

(PS - Slideshow still coming - but I'm afraid not tonight. G'night....)

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Friday, January 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM EST  
golden1

Mary and Judy tuned in this a.m. and Savannah seems to like the "stuff" that was provided for them. It is nice to see the sunshine. And so glad that you wanted her to have a comfy spot, Mary.

Now Savannah is moving things around a bit.

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Friday, January 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM EST  
golden1

Savannah has been at work forming more of a nest framework. Oh, Mary look what is happening because she has the material to work with. She has actually started a fence, I think.

I noticed that it is being noticed and commented on in the chat under the cam. Way to go, Judy and Mary........Click on image to download

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, January 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM EST  
MaryF

Their nest IS looking a lot better!! Thanks , Donna for the great pics. I'm going now to look at the nest if it isn't dark!! Just got on the puter. Oh the shame

You are right...it does look like they are making it a little more like a nest!! It's getting dark now but one of the parents is sitting on that perch next to the nest again.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:42 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate