You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Wednesday - October 19, 2011

10:21a - Heard an eagle call three times but since we have no W/A right now, can't see if h/s is
in the tree or not. Richard said he would be at WR today to see what the problem is.fingers crossed

10:25a - One single call and now more calls.

This s'cap from now shows the same light colors Judy was seeing on the right side the other day. I
could be wrong but don't think there was an eagle under there. I want to see them so badly, my eyes sometimes play tricks on me, lol.
Click on image to download

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: SoCal EagleFan (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM EDT  
SoCal EagleFan

Quote by: eLJay

I'm not sure how this works, but I'm trying to post/share a screen shot I got of the nest with mama in it yesterday a.m. I guess they start guarding their nest at a certain time in the Fall so no other birds try to steal it?

Thank you eLJay, was hoping someone caught it, good job.
It was neat watching the Eagle from darkness til the sun came up.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Thank You Pat & eLJay.....beautiful sight to behold.

Hi SoCalEagleFan! I really like your avatar.

You know what's funny......I may be crazy but this doesn't look like either Mom or Dad WR to me. I thought that when I s'caped what I thought was Mom WR on the nest last week. It's the beak and head/neck feathers that don't look the same to me. Am I nuts?

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM EDT  
Pat B

Quote by: AnniesKatz

Thank You Pat & eLJay.....beautiful sight to behold.

Hi SoCalEagleFan! I really like your avatar.

You know what's funny......I may be crazy but this doesn't look like either Mom or Dad WR to me. I thought that when I s'caped what I thought was Mom WR on the nest last week. It's the beak and head/neck feathers that don't look the same to me. Am I nuts?

Not nuts at all - I don't think it is one of ours either!

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: eLJay (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM EDT  
eLJay

Really? You don't think it's either Mom or Dad? It's funny because every now and then, it would call out and I actually heard another one answering! I was hoping I'd see both!

Pat, how did you get the sreen print to post up? I'm really new on this forum and not quite sure how to use it yet.Bash computer

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM EDT  
JudyB

Wonderful pictures and reports - thank you! Smile

Thank You You know what's funny......I may be crazy but this doesn't look like either Mom or Dad WR to me. I thought that when I s'caped what I thought was Mom WR on the nest last week. It's the beak and head/neck feathers that don't look the same to me. Am I nuts?

The eagles most likely to appear in sight of the cams are Mom and Dad WR - but this is a very active area with a lot of eagle traffic - I did a story for our topic page about the visitors from a week in January 2011 when our pair was apparently on holiday - link is here:
Interesting Week on White Rock Eagle Cam

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: JudyB

Wonderful pictures and reports - thank you! Smile

Thank You You know what's funny......I may be crazy but this doesn't look like either Mom or Dad WR to me. I thought that when I s'caped what I thought was Mom WR on the nest last week. It's the beak and head/neck feathers that don't look the same to me. Am I nuts?

The eagles most likely to appear in sight of the cams are Mom and Dad WR - but this is a very active area with a lot of eagle traffic - I did a story for our topic page about the visitors from a week in January 2011 when our pair was apparently on holiday - link is here:
Interesting Week on White Rock Eagle Cam

I remember the eagle visitors well. Lots of activity. I actually hope we see it again...fun to see.
I know there are a lot of eagles in this area and it should likely be Mom or Dad but to me still the eagle I
saw and captured and the eagle in Pat's posted picture, just looks different to me.

ETA: Forgot to say Thank You! for posting the wonderful link....beautiful pictures and interesting info. for all to read.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Jean (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM EDT  
Jean

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to viewing these wonderful creatures and have enjoyed looking at them each day for the past few months. I too, felt a tremendous sense of loss when the next was empty. This is my first post and I am very excited as the anticipation is building to begin a new year with this beautiful family. I want to thank all of you who have made comments and observations since I started viewing last spring. Your knowledge and great sense of humour have been most enjoyable. I look forward to sharing the next several months with you all!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:35 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate