https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: palweber (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM EDT  
palweber

What an exciting day. Thank you all contributors.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM EDT  
Jean

7:47pm........This is Mom's first night in the nest since a long time ago. Now I know if I check the nest later at night I will find someone there!

Click on image to download

I'm off for a while too...........will check in later before bedtime!

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Karen Saunders (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM EDT  
Karen Saunders

wave Great occasion - watch all the time but don't post much - lots of traffic on the WR site Rolling on floor laughing Thanks for the superb coverage, Annie! BTW - I thought I saw an egg at 15:21 as well but :dunno:

Good night MA - keep the egg warm!

Karen, Esquimalt, BC
member since April, 2009

Forum

Esquimalt BC

Profile Email   PM

By: mini (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM EDT  
mini

7:57pm Awww she is sound a sleep, a long day for Ma...Out I'm out for a bit
8:05pm Yup she is exhausted, she hasn't moved for quite a while, except to lift her head up once or twice....too sweet
8:11pm I have never seen anything so adorable, and yes I'm out for a while now

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 11:09 PM EDT  
sassyk

CONGRATULATIONS MOM & DAD WHITE ROCK!!

I was watching earlier this afternoon and then decided to go and watch the Condors; wouldn't you know it Mom would lay an egg at that time Wub Thanks so much to everyone who was here this afternoon to witness and record the actual event Clapping Well done everyone :thumrht:

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Gramps2005 (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM EDT  
Gramps2005

I have been checking on this nest off and on the last few weeks. Tonight I was surprised to see Ma or Pa sitting on the nest so I checked back and Congratulations to Ma and Pa White Rock for you first egg of 2012. I'm so excited over all the different nests.
NCTC will be hatching very soon the first egg laid. Looking forward to another Eagle nesting season Hooray! ClappingCheers

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

8:25 - Aw, sleeping Mom...bless her heart, she's exhausted.

I'm out for the night. Hope everyone has a peaceful rest after this wonderful day!
If I don't shut this thing off....I never will, lol. See you tomorrow.
Out@8:31p.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: davidh (offline) on Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM EDT  
davidh

Hi all: A new season is unfolding so quickly. I am just back from a trip to Costa Rica and I see our nests are starting to fill up with eggs. Wonderful.

It is so fascinating that both the Delta 2 and now today the White Rock nest have both delivered their first eggs on precisely the same dates as last year. It again indicates how the light cycle so precisely effects so many of our bird species. While the weather can change annually, the light cycle, the period of sunlight available each day, is very precisely the same each year. And of course our eagles, as well as most birds, have their hormonal cycles controlled by this period of light.

Today, in addition to attending the annual meeting of the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival, we got called by the Vancouver Province newspaper to go down and do an interview about the Lafarge nest. Karen suggested we wait until Friday when their first egg would - should be visible but they could not wait. Attached are a couple of shots I took of the Lafarge pair at the nest today. With a little luck -- and drawing on their consistency of egg laying, we should have eggs by the weekend.

Tomorrow we undertake an interview with SHAW TV to provide some overview statement about the White Rock nest that will be used by SHAW to promote their presentation of a few minutes daily of live broadcast on their cable network -- initially in the Vancouver market. This may go beyond the local market -- time will tell. This could be an interesting experiment. Apparently they will be broadcasting the live stream Monday through Thursday at 7:30 a.m.

In a quick drive home from the airport Saturday it was apparent that the lower Fraser Valley still has a great many eagles, primarily sub-adults still hanging around. The local number, over and above all our breeders, is most unusual and probably still reflects that few spawning salmon were available up the coast this past fall to keep the eagles spread out. The eagles are still hanging around key food areas like Boundary Bay and the local landfill.

Cheers,

David Hancock

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile   Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:55 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate