Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

10:55a - Mom just did one of those cool shuggles and shook a feather loose which floated gently down to the right. She's preening a lot. It doesn't look like there is even the slightest breeze...Unusual for WR.
Click on image to download

Lucia - You are very welcomeSmile. One of them deposited that beautiful tail feather yesterday.

11:06a - Out goes Mom over the Bay.

I'm out to get some work done.Out 11:09a. Be back a little later.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Bhrighde (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 02:42 PM EDT  
Bhrighde

Hello, everyone.:hello:

I've been lurking a bit and thought I'd better introduce myself properly. I've watched another eagle cam for a couple of years, but unfortunately the camera has been shut down, and I'm feeling quite sad and lost, and missing the eagle pair I'd grown to love.sad I feel like I've lost a loved one. Cry Hanky

As a result, I've started to reach out and look to see if there's another eagle cam and another pair of eagles I would like to follow. I hope it's ok if I join your group.

I'm really enjoying the screen captures - what a gorgeous couple, and what a beautiful spot!

:question: Is there someplace in the forum that would give me a bit of the history of these two beautiful eagles? How long have they been a pair? Successful fledgings? That sort of thing.

Thanks....
Red HeartSitting eagle

Jane
"Do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
- Scott Nearing, American Conservationist (1883-1983)

Forum

Edmonton, Alberta,
Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: islandgal () on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM EDT  
Anonymous: islandgal

:hello: I am new to posting here also but not new to watching from time to time.

Bhrighde, you will love this nest and the quality of the cameras, and the posts. I shall let the great posters here fill you in but you can read a bit here

staticpages/index.php/LiveStreamingVideo_About

By: labecs (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 04:43 PM EDT  
labecs

Quote by: islandgal

:hello: I am new to posting here also but not new to watching from time to time.

Bhrighde, you will love this nest and the quality of the cameras, and the posts. I shall let the great posters here fill you in but you can read a bit here

staticpages/index.php/LiveStreamingVideo_About

Hi, Bhrighde! I started watching this cam late last season and now I am hooked forever. It doesn't only stay on all year, but the quality of the picture and the night cam are amazing. And, even when the eagles are not there, it's relaxing just to watch that wonderful view of the bay. And that eagle pair... oh, they are amazing. The last two fledgelings, Delta and Charlie, were beautiful and awesome to watch until the day they both fledged... I am glad I will get to see the whole process from the beginning this season and I'll get to share with the wonderful people in this forum Smile

Forum

Profile     PM

By: labecs (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM EDT  
labecs

Dad was at the nest for a few minutes around 1:35 Smile

Forum

Profile     PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM EDT  
garyandjudi

I wasn't going to post on this thread just lurk but when I looked at the nest I could see fresh grass in the bowl so I knew the WR eagles were back and to my sursprise just as I was thinking this ma WR flew into the nest dropped something pecked around and then jumped out to the big branch that is still left one large branch is missing
here is nest visit by ma WR ....I did not see pa in fact I debated whether this was ma or pa WR...I believe its ma WR
Date and time on scapes

Back to lurking Annie as theres enough Eagle lovers watching and posting here on WR already but I just had to post and say
Welcome Home ma and pa White RockSitting eagleRed HeartSitting eagle

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: Bhrighde

Hello, everyone.:hello:

I've been lurking a bit and thought I'd better introduce myself properly. I've watched another eagle cam for a couple of years, but unfortunately the camera has been shut down, and I'm feeling quite sad and lost, and missing the eagle pair I'd grown to love.sad I feel like I've lost a loved one. Cry Hanky

As a result, I've started to reach out and look to see if there's another eagle cam and another pair of eagles I would like to follow. I hope it's ok if I join your group.

I'm really enjoying the screen captures - what a gorgeous couple, and what a beautiful spot!

:question: Is there someplace in the forum that would give me a bit of the history of these two beautiful eagles? How long have they been a pair? Successful fledgings? That sort of thing.

Thanks....
Red HeartSitting eagle

Hi! Welcome to the HWF family -- we all tend to have our favourite nests to spend time with and many people will miss Hornby terribly. You are not alone! Please make yourself at home here at White Rock. The more the merrier.

A good place to look for basic background information on any nest is the first 2-3 posts of the Thread. We try to put information folks want to know there.

Here is the link to last season's thread from our archives. The first 2-3 posts have basic background information about the nest and last year's eggs, chicks, fledging dates and the like:

White Rock Nest Basic History

Any other questions? just ask!!

Cheers!

Terry

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Bhrighde (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 07:30 PM EDT  
Bhrighde

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome.Thank You

Jane
"Do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
- Scott Nearing, American Conservationist (1883-1983)

Forum

Edmonton, Alberta,
Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:08 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate