Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Friday, November 22 2013 @ 03:21 PM EST  
elainemyrkle

Hi Vicki~~~It's so good to hear from you (and Munch). It sounds as if you have found the perfect spot for the both of you. It's also good to hear that the both of you are now safely moved. I hope Munch didn't stress out too much on your trip. I can just imagine Munch looking out the windows to watch all the new sights he has. Greg and myself aren't drinkers either but we do enjoy going to The Bangor Tavern to eat. They seem to have the best food in our little town. We do have a McDonalds, but we never go there at all. Keep in touch.

Hi Cindy~~~Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the festival. I really enjoyed looking at your pictures on the thread.

At work and need to get back. I hope everyone has a lovely week-end.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Monday, November 25 2013 @ 06:25 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Click on image to download

Well, I'm not sure how I did that, but it worked! We went over to Dawn and Steve's yesterday and Greg took some pictures. They now have all the singles on the roof but you can't tell because of the snow. All the windows are in but still needs the doors. Things seem to be moving along quite nicely. It was one year ago today that they had the house fire. Hopefully we can all put that memory away, but sometimes it's awfully hard. I try not to think about it.

Well we did get some lake affect snow here. Gosh, it's cold outside. I think we had more than Steve and Dawn. Looks like we might have got around five inches. The birds were really enjoying the birdseed I put out. Well, I need to get going here as my day is just beginning.

Wishing everyone a Happy Go Lucky Day!

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Monday, November 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM EST  
cindymorris

Good to hear that you and Munch are all moved, Vicki! Phew It's always a job. It sounds as if you have found just about a perfect place as well. My grandparents lived in Victoria. Their last place, a condo, looked right at the Empress. They loved it there. They have been gone for a number of years now. They are buried in the big cemetery there that overlooks the bay.

Wow ... snow already, Elaine! Faint I couldn't take it ... but I knew that my other friend in Michigan had had snow, and you are much closer to the lake, so figured you had as well. She also was right in the path of a tornado not to long ago. She didn't like that one little bit!

It looks like Steve and Dawn's house is coming right along ... once the doors are on, at least the weather will be kept outside!

I have Andrew today, so my time here on the computer is REALLY limited Wink ... but wanted to say hello at least.

Hoping you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't get back in here before that.

hug Take care now, and be well!

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Tuesday, November 26 2013 @ 11:01 PM EST  
elle

Vicki: I am so glad you posted as I was wondering how you were faring since you and Karen and Sharon and I met for lunch when you first moved in to your temporary home here in Victoria. When was that? Beginning of October? How time flies. I do love Cook St Village and Ian and I often stop there for coffee and shopping when we are out and about in the afternoon on foot. You will be very happy there. It is a vibrant and thriving community.
Cindy: Loving the posts and pix of your critters who I feel I know since we talked about them so much at FVBEF. Looking forward to next year!

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 10:58 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

A big Happy Birthday Mary!

I believe this is where you post, or at least I hope so......

Happy Birthday, celebrate with joy,
It's another beautiful day in life full of eagles.

hugs,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Saturday, December 14 2013 @ 04:12 PM EST  
MaryF

Thank You Carolyn!!! Love the post!! Yes I do still post here once in a while but our once very busy thread has gotten sort of lonely. sigh sign

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Sunday, December 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Goodness, I need to get in here more often. The last couple of week-ends have been really busy trying to get ready for Christmas. I had my shopping done fairly early but then needed to wrap everything. Also baked cookies last week-end so they are now in the freezer and ready to go.

Happy belated Birthday Mary.Birthday cake I hope you enjoyed your day. Nodding yes It has been really cold here in Michigan and we seen a whole lot of snow yesterday.

Oh Cindy, you really wouldn't have like the snow that we just got. It was pretty bad out yesterday. We went over to my in-laws to celebrate Christmas with them before they left for Florida. They only live about 6 miles away, but we ended up picking up Dawn in the jeep as the roads weren't good at all and we didn't want her to venture out all alone. It was really coming down when we went but by the time we took her back home it had cleared up. All and all we had a very good time visiting with Greg's side of the family.

Dawn's house now has doors on it.Clapping The contractor is really doing a wonderful job, but now they are waiting on the Mortgage company to do an inspection. Those people are so slow to deal with. Mad

Hi to all of you. I hope this finds everyone healthy and happy. wave

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Tuesday, December 24 2013 @ 06:51 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Wishing you all a Merry and Blessed Christmas

Click on image to download

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate