The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Sunday, September 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Hi Cindy wave

I'm so glad to see your post. I'm also so thankful that Don is recovering from all that he has went through. Gosh, that program that you volunteered for doesn't sound so very good. Sometimes good people are so very hard to find. It's good to hear that Pete and BobCat are also doing so well. That's just too tempting fo Pete not to chase the squirrels. Nodding yes I think all my squirrels are out in the woods gathering nuts for the winter as I have not seen very many of them around. Of course I'm not home all that much to look for them. I did manage to make it through the week with my cold. Put in 55 1/2 hours in this past week. That's not bad at all as my son put in 71 1/2 hours in and he also caught my cold. He goes in earlier than myself and also stays later. Dawn made us some chicken noodle soup to help which was very tasty to boot. Greg Sr. never did catch the cold. Lucky Duck! We've had just beautiful weather here and it's so good for the apples also. There are so many apples around that we have had to turn some down as we don't have enough rooms to store all of them. Our apple line is packing as much as they can and they sure have been putting in the hours. I even went in for 4 hours today just trying to catch up on things. I didn't have to work yesterday but the apple line was going strong. It's been so nice to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Wishing everyone a happy week-end.Byebye

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini (offline) on Wednesday, October 09 2013 @ 01:51 AM EDT  
gemini

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, October 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM EDT  
MaryF

Byebye Guys---Here I am in Indiana on my way back to Texas! I really can't believe the way that this summer just blew right on by!!! Windy - hold on ELAINE---one of these summers we must get together again before neither of us can drive...LOL!! Wooh

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Friday, November 01 2013 @ 11:54 PM EDT  
cindymorris

Wow .. I'm embarrassed very embarrassed as it has taken me so long to get back in here. Life has just gotten away from me, and I seem to have so little time to call my own these days. I'm sure that you can all relate, as we all go through periods of time like this. I do miss getting in here and chatting with all of you.

Things are calming down with Don, and each and every day is better and better. Very Happy Been a bit of a long haul, but we are coming to the end of it now.

I, unfortunately, have taken a couple of bad falls. My knee, that was injured in the motorcycle accident, goes out on me, as the kneecap no longer sits correctly on it. Things in general were pretty mashed up in there. It is very discouraging, but I'm hoping doing some strengthening exercises may help out. I must admit, that falling is pretty darn scary! I watch my grandchildren fall down all the time, and pick themselves up and keep right on going. Oh, to be young again! It sure doesn't work that way for me anymore. sigh sign

We took another trip out to the coast last weekend, and Pete had a ball. He is a lot slower these days, but so are we, so it all works out. Smile We had absolutely beautiful weather for October. All we needed were sweatshirts. There wasn't enough wind for kite flying until the morning we had to leave, but aside from that, it was pretty much a picture perfect trip. We are going to go again for New Years with friends, so that should prove interesting. Could be pretty chilly, but then again, one never knows around here.

The kids all had fun for Halloween. Andrew would have no part of his costume at all; lasted about 5 minutes. He is just on the cusp of wanting to join in. The girls, however, had an absolute blast trick or treating, and the handing out candy at home. Katelyn was giving out double handfuls of it to the kids that came to the door. Smile

Don and I are going to take in the Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival this year, and I'm excited! Sounds as if there are lots of eagles coming in for the salmon, which are in ample supply this year. I'm looking forward to seeing Karen, David and some of the others that I've seen before up there. I haven't looked into the weather reports for that far out yet, but I'm assuming it will be pretty chilly as usual. The last time we went (year before last) we drove in snow! It was really cold!!

Hoping that all of you are well, and looking forward to the upcoming holiday season. It sure is creeping up fast!

Take care, and be well!!

hug

Click on image to download

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Tuesday, November 05 2013 @ 11:21 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Oh boy Cindy, I'm just as guilty not coming in here for awhile. Those apples were coming in here fast and furious for awhile. One week I got up to 63 hrs. Now it has been in the mid 50's range. Still so darn tired though when I get home from work. Faint Now that most all of the apples are in storage it should be slowing down somewhat. Phew I told my husband that I think that was the last Sunday of working. It was only a few hours, but it sure cut into my week-end. I need to start thinking of Thanksgiving and also Christmas now.

I hope this finds you safely back in San Antonio Mary. Yep, we'll have to see about getting together again. I know I would enjoy seeing you again. Grin

I'm sure glad to hear that Don is getting better Cindy, but that knee of yours doesn't sound so good. Especially if you don't know when it's going to go out on you. That has got to be scary. Oh My I hope those exercises will help you out.

Those two granddaughters of your are so cute and they look so very happy. Red Heart I bet next year will be a different story for Andrew. Pete looks a jovial as ever and I bet he was so happy to find himself a stick to take home for his pile. Titter

Dawn and Steve's house is in the process of being built now. It won't be a very big house as they had to go with what they thought they could afford. It will be a two story house with a basement and a garage. They've got most of the frame up, but still are working to get it all enclosed. I wish I could post a picture of it but can't seem to figure how to do it. Puzzled

Well, I had better get myself back to work here. Wishing everyone a Very Happy Day.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Monday, November 11 2013 @ 12:17 PM EST  
cindymorris

Hi Everyone! wave

Hope this finds you all well!

Not much new here since I posted last ... for a change it hasn't been a month or more giggle

I'm glad to hear that the apple season is slowing down Phew a bit for you, Elaine. Working and overtime pay is okay for a while, but it is always nice to get back to a more normal work week. I hear you on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've thought about it, and invited people, but that is as far as I have gotten. I'm glad to hear the Dawn and Steve's house is coming along. That certainly has been a long journey for them.

I, too, hope that Mary has made a safe trek back home for the winter. I like a road trip, but it's always nice to get safely from point A to point B. Left thumb up

Hoping you are well, Jan, and not getting too much cold or snowy weather yet!! fingers crossed

Hi wave to everyone else, too!!

The girls are a happy duo, that is for sure. Andrew is a happy little guy as well. He did let his parents take some photos of him in his costume, but I like this one of him at the pumpkin patch better. He is quite the little ham for the camera if the mood strikes him.

Pete Good doggy has a great time at the beach. Slower than in years past, but then aren't we all that way. BobCat Dear cat is doing well. Also slowing down, but healthy for a senior kitty. Yesterday he earned his keep. I saw a spider, but before I could get to it, he Oh My ate it!! If it moves in this house, and is smaller than he is, it will not last long. Titter I have included him with a photo of some of the catnip from the harvest of it this year. He still likes to roll around on and tear that stuff up. Wooh

Well, getting ready to go and see some Sitting eagle soon! I'm so excited!! We do have more of them around here, and I love to see them fly by, but seeing a lot of them all in one area feeding is always a treat.

Take care all!!
hug

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, November 20 2013 @ 05:41 AM EST  
elainemyrkle

Cindy~~~You're pictures are always so pretty. I love that big smile on Andrews face. He looks like he's having a ball with all those pumpkins. BobCat looks so content with his stash of Catnip. I have hung quite a bit of the stuff to dry so all our kitties can enjoy the dried catnip during the winter. They sure do like the stuff.

We had strong storms on Sunday and lost our power until Monday evening. Shafer Lake also lost power so we didn't have to work on Monday. I kind of enjoyed being home and I got some housework done. We had our generator going so we did have lights.

I got to work yesterday and when it got light outside I went out to get the mail. I looked across the street and two big pine trees blew down. They were huge pine trees and I found out later that another one had blown down but that one was cleaned up on Monday. I feel so bad for the birds as they really liked those trees. The wind had been pretty bad and also blew down our plastic Bulk Boxes in the back of Shafer Lake. The guys spent most of Monday putting them back in their places. The wooden bulk boxes held pretty good as they are a lot heavier than the plastic ones.

I thought I would post a picture of the boxes. I need to get ready for work right now. Wishing everyone a Very Happy Day.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Friday, November 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM EST  
vickrb

Well good morning everyone. Trust this finds everyone in really good shape.

I have finally moved , am in Victoria, B.C. and have now found a permanent apartment to call home. I will be moving there about the 18th of December It is in a little Village called Cook Street Village and I should never have to go and shop anywhere else. Local markets, Deli's, Tim Hortons, Startbucks, Grocery Store, clothing stores, florists, and many little restaurants and not that I drink but a cute English Pub that has great food also. I so lucked out and go this place, only 1/4 block from my door, my apartment is a one bedroom on the main floor, no steps, no hills anywhere, and Beacon Hill Park is just 3/4 of a block in the other direction and the Ocean about a 1/2 hour walk. Beautiful big window sills for Munch to get up on and lovely trees lining the fence to keep the apartment I the shade all through the summer. Laundry room on the 1t floor also.

A seniors building mostly, rent is really good and if your rent is on time then each person gets a 5% rebate cheque on the 15th of the month. I like that idea.

Well, have my daughter here from New Westminster to help me sort and repack some stuff so I best go and get busy. Please take care, and I have this new laptop so will be able to keep close contact.

Vicki & Munch.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:56 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate