You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Daily Beat
 |  Printable Version
By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Wednesday, May 29 2013 @ 03:44 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Congratulations Cindy :cheerguy:Cheers

I've got a feeling your retirement will hit you when you least expect it. Oh but I bet you'll miss your little munchkins. Hopefully those grandchildren of yours' will keep you busy though.

I sure am glad that you found time to be in here. It's so nice to have a Pete and BobCat fix. I really feel as though they a part of my family along with everyone's pets.

Looking forward to visiting with you more in the future.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Thursday, May 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM EDT  
cindymorris

Hi, Elaine .... :hello:

Oh, retirement will hit me about mid-August, when I am not gearing up for another start to a school year ... Sad These little munchkins have gotten me through a lot of rough times ... with their sweet spirits, unlimited energy and unquestioning ways, it was always an escape to go into the classroom and forget about the troubling things of life ... Smile

Today is the last day, and it is difficult to face it actually ... but being the crazy teacher I've always been, we are ending it with crazy hat day and a craft project with lots of glue and glitter! Wooh Tomorrow will be the challenge for me ... getting threw the graduation without falling :cry1: apart!

Thank you for your kinds words ... hope to be in more often to catch up with everyone soon. Nodding yes Haven't had a chance to check on the Sitting eagle yet ... hopefully I will before all the fledglings leave the nests!

hug

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Thursday, June 06 2013 @ 07:55 AM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Good Morning Everyone, :hello:

Just a quick pop in to say Howdy. I have a feeling this summer is going to fly by. I got my camera back from Dawn so I thought I would try to take a picture of my Bluebird out back. I did see it and it flew up in a tree so I took a couple of pictures, but he was just too far away. I tried waiting until it came closer, but quickly discovered I had no patience. I'd never make a good birdwatcher. :oops: Canuk, our neighbors dog came over so I got a cute picture of him. I thought I'd see if I could remember how to post a picture. He is such a sweet dog and he knows when he comes over we'll give him a treat. He is a pit bull, but an adorable one and gives me lots of kisses.

Getting ready for work right now. Wishing everyone a carefree day.

Click on image to download

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006
My avatar is the first one I used in the forum. The cuke eyes are a memorial to our beloved Wendy Minshall who passed away too early in life. R.I.P. my dear friend.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: elainemyrkle (offline) on Thursday, June 06 2013 @ 04:50 PM EDT  
elainemyrkle

Went outback this afternoon and finally got a halfway decent shot of the Bluebird feeding the baby. Very Happy

Click to make it bigger.

Elaine
Bangor, Michigan
Joined Aug. 23, 2006

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Janet Krupa (offline) on Friday, June 07 2013 @ 12:05 PM EDT  
Janet Krupa

:hello: Hello everyone!
Bet you can't remember who I am? Well, just because I haven't been 'in here' doesn't mean I haven't been thinkng of all of you. Almost every day, as a matter of fact!

Elaine and Cindy: I love the pictures of the critters. BC and Pete look like they are doing very well. I always love the look in B.C.'s eyes - kind of like a look of expectation(s). I wonder what his secret is? :cat:

Elaine, the blue bird and its' very hungry baby is a precious picture indeed! That is one hungry looking offspring!! Imagine, just a few days before it was in an egg shell! I love the picture of Canuck too...I wonder why? Good doggy LOL LOL

We saw a family of Goose Canada Geese the other day. The parent were herding 7 little ones and got quite miffed when my hubby and I stopped in our vehicle, at the roadside to watch them. Spring happens so fast, doesn't it?

While in B.C. and on Vancouver Island my sister and I went to a Bird Sanctuary. It is privately run and we saw many hawks, eagles, falcons and owls. A short program offered closer looks at what those magnificent birds can do. I was quite amazed at how the birds would come to the trainer, just with her calling and whistling for them. Each bird did a small performance that highlighted it's natural hunting ability; and as each bird was finished its' display, it was put away before another was brought out. Quite interesting.

It's been 10 years since we were on the island and the time flew quickly. Hubby caught a nasty cold and so I had to catch the bug too. We are both still coughing a bit, even though we have been home for a week.

I sure hope Diane and Mary are doing fine after their surgeries. I, too, think of Vicki and hope she is doing alright too.

Congratulations! Cindy on your retirement. You are probably right...it will be fall time when all of this 'hits' you. In the meantime, enjoy summer and all that it offers your family. BTW, how are the girls and Andrew? I'll bet they are growing fast!!

Gotta go - am going to get my bike out of storage and try ride up to the mailboxes to get the mail. Look out world! Rolling on floor laughing

Many hugs to all of you and I will try and drop in more frequently from here on!

wave Jan hug

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Saturday, June 08 2013 @ 10:16 AM EDT  
Grubby

Look What The Wind Blew In!!!!!
Wooh :hello:

Things have been crazy the past 6 weeks or so. And I know it has been much longer than that since I posted. I sure miss all of you nice ladies. The past few months I have hardly posted in Sceech Hollow too. I am starting to do a little more now.

I have had 2 breast surgeries in the past 5 weeks. Two different kinds of cancer.. first one was Ductal... thought that was just going to be and in and out thing followed with Radiation.. Then they found Invasive Lobular (gland) so I had one in the duct and one in the gland. So I had to cancel my radiation to follow up with the Invasive with Sentinal Lympn node biopsy. I did that 10 days ago. Results... I am OK... cells did NOT travel to lympn nodes. So... No Chemo! Just Radiation and I will start that June 17th.. I will go 5 days a week for almost 7 weeks. Total of 33 treatments. I am so thankful both were caught early!

I love all the photos you all have been posting. Great pics! Seems everyone is OK. Elaine and I have been e-mailing and keeping in touch. One day we will meet!!!

Here are a few photos of the Hawks who nested in the same tree again. I think this is the 3rd yr.

When You Share Something Nice,
It's Like Having It Twice!

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Saturday, June 08 2013 @ 10:20 AM EDT  
Grubby

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Saturday, June 08 2013 @ 10:23 AM EDT  
Grubby

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:44 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate