Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 12:06 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Very Happy They're baaaaaaaaack again! Patriot & Liberty were both in the nest momentarily when I got down there tonite around 5:15, and then one by one they flew/hopped up to the Victory Branch. They began pecking at each other, and I could hear a few calls, too!lovelove
Here is a short video, which I took from my usual spot near the pond area. Much better background noises and you can actually hear the eagles better from this vantage point!Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqxtXOUdvc

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

I was down on the new bike/pedestrian trail on Wednesday afternoon-my first outing on the trail. I saw one of the eagles across from the nest in a tree directly to the west. It flew off to the east and swooped down by the river, then landed next to a couple other big birds on the river's edge on a big, rocky sandbar. The other two birds seemed startled by the visitor and flew up and kinda hovered for a minute or so, then settled back down on the sandbar about 12' or so from the eagle. I did not have binocs or anything, so I couldn't even make out what type of birds they were. All three were about the same size, though.

Great videos and pics, eaglewoman. Instead of "They're baaaaaaaaack", it should be You're baaaaaaaaack. Thank you.

By: itsgrama (offline) on Sunday, November 21 2010 @ 02:35 PM EST  
itsgrama

Very Happy Oh Yea!!! Only 10 more days til the cams are on? Seems like it's been forever. Nice to see the happy couple in the nest againhug Guess the question is answered....they didn't care about heavy equipment in their space and they don't care about people in their space. I am relieved. Thank you ladies for your diligence in keeping the rest of us informed. You da best!Clapping Driving by their Nesteria Ln.neighborhood the other day, I saw what must have been an immature in a tree next to theirs'. And sounds like the two on the sandbar could have been, perhaps, Shasta, Peace or Justice? Maybe? eh?Chin

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, November 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You for the reports eagle eye and itsgrama!
I think we may have seen one of the offspring tonite, too!
I took a few shots of Patriot & Liberty near the nest, then one of them flew off. Then, my husband spotted another eagle fly by, but I didn't see any white on it, so I thought it was one of the youngsters. It did a fly-by near the nest tree, and there was some calling from either that one, or the adult near the nest.

We saw the immature head toward the "family tree" so we quickly headed over there to check it out. Sure enough, it was an immature and it had landed on Pat & Libby's favorite branch in the family tree!
I took some video of the immature, since it was already getting too dark for regular pictures...

Earlier in the day, I had seen some turkey vultures drying out their wings near the family tree...
Click on image to download
Here is a shot of our favorite couple near their nest...
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, November 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM EST  
eaglewoman

And here is the short video of the immature eagle in the "family tree"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqAhcgzLDCY

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, November 25 2010 @ 02:16 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Sitting eagleSitting eagle Happy Thanksgiving!

On this day, I am grateful that Benjamin Franklin didn't get his way when he argued that the Wild Turkey should be our National Bird instead of the Bald Eagle. If he had gotten his way, we would all be eating bald eagles for Thanksgiving dinner and watching turkeycams! Gobble, gobble!Titter

Very Happy One week from today (12/1) the eaglecam will finally be turned on! Now, that's something to be thankful for!!!Left thumb upLeft thumb upLeft thumb up

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, November 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Grin Caught a quick glimpse of Pat & Libby sitting side by side on the Victory Branch both today and yesterday around dusk. I was riding by on my bike with eagleboy, so wasn't able to stop for too long!

There was a young girl with her family walking by on the new pedestrian/bike trail yesterday and she asked me if the eagles were back. I told her yes, and she got so excited and ran back to her family yelling, "The eagles are back Mommy, the eagles are back!!!"
It was so heartwarming to see how excited she was, and it made me feel good that the children in our area care so much about this beautiful pair of eagles. I truly believe that if they care about them, then they will ensure that their habitat is safe for many years to come!lovelove

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, November 26 2010 @ 10:22 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks for the updates, eaglewoman - and the heartwarming story to end the day. love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate