Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Saturday, October 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM EDT  
Anonymous: CAL04

Love it! Grin

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Sunday, October 31 2010 @ 02:10 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Hey everybody..Thanks Eaglewoman for sending me the link to the new forum. Excellent updates! I have read all the posts and between them and talking to Eaglewoman on the phone today, I think I am back in the loop. Great photos and videos, Eaglewoman. My uneducated guess is the other eagle was a male offspring. That is, if the one on the right was Patriot.

Have to go back to work for a very late shift. Looking forward to seeing and photographing Patriot and Liberty myself very soon.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, October 31 2010 @ 02:23 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Very Happy Eagle Eye is back in action! And, thanks for checking in Eagle Eye & CAL04~always great to hear from both of you!

I did talk to Jonathan from ICF about the newspaper article that I gave a link to in an earlier post, and he confirmed what I thought, that they have not been monitoring the nest for Caltrans since the eaglecam was officially turned over to Turtle Bay. He said he had just seen them while driving by or walking by down there, but had not taken a close look with a spotting scope. So, he was just assuming that the second adult eagle he was seeing around there was Liberty, but he had never looked that closely.

Jonathan agreed that the "visitor" could have been one of the offspring from 4-5 years ago coming back to the nest area, but his feelings were that it would have been a female, since he felt that Patriot would not tolerate a male eagle in his territory. But, I guess we won't really ever know for sure? We'll see what happens next year in early October, and then we'll know if this seems typical for this particular pair. But, 2 years in a row tells me that it might be!

I wonder if this occurs at any other HWF nests? Does anyone know of any other nests that have "visitors" who are possible offspring return to the nest area each year?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Saturday, November 06 2010 @ 02:06 PM EDT  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

haven't seen the redding eagles for a looooong time; did they abandon ship since bridge construction is done?

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Saturday, November 06 2010 @ 02:47 PM EDT  

Hi eaglewatcher,

Am also getting anxious for December 1st just hoping we get a good view of the nest and hopefully eagles too on that date or shortly thereafter. I just took a look at the Café at Turtle Bay daily menu. Must be time for lunch!

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, November 06 2010 @ 05:20 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

wave Hey eagletwatcher & CAL04! Good to hear from you guys!

No worries, Pat & Libby have been hanging out near the nest nightly. I also spotted them together in the family tree on Wednesday, but I was actually in the river below them and didn't get the best shots without my tripod.
I got some video of them "love pecking" again, just haven't had time to post it yet.
They haven't been arriving to the nest area until almost 6pm, which makes it tough for photographing them.

The first pic is really blurry, but I kind of like the Monet feel to it!Titter And, Liberty is flying off which looks cool.
The other shot is Patriot's backside!Titter

I have noticed that they are trying to stay a little more hidden in the nest tree lately, possibly avoiding all of the pedestrian and bicycle traffic on the new trail?
I saw Liberty on a branch last night that I've never seen her on before?
Click on image to download
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Saturday, November 06 2010 @ 09:19 PM EDT  

Thanks much, eaglewoman, for the report and photos of Patriot and Liberty!

Your 1st photo certainly can be seen as "American Impressionism"; lovely autumn colors as well as beautiful velvet eagles.
Thank You

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, November 07 2010 @ 01:24 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You CAL04, glad you were able to appreciate that picture!Grin
Here is the first video that I took earlier in the week. Liberty flies down to join Patriot on the branch below the nest. You can barely make it out since it was dusk, but look closely for 2 white heads and you will see them calling and pecking at each other.lovelovelove

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xidVS_zTus

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:06 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate