eaglewoman

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: soph9 (offline) on Saturday, October 23 2010 @ 07:31 PM EDT  
soph9

the right looks to be a female and the left looks to be a male....just my opinion...Chin

Forum

Maple Ridge, BC
Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, October 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Thank You for checking in soph9~always good to hear from you!

I thought that the one on the right was Patriot, but it is really hard to tell without too many distinguishing marks on him? Liberty is a little easier to identify with that notch in her collar. Neither of the 2 eagles that we have seen so far have that notch in their collar.

Dylan has an article about the eagles return in the paper today, here's a link to it....

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/oct/23 ... to-return/

He tried to reach me for a comment, but we never connected before his article came out. As far as I understood, the biologist(Jonathan Foster with ICF) that Caltrans hired to monitor the nest was no longer monitoring the nest? So, I'm not sure where or when Jonathan spotted Liberty near the nest?!? Yes, there has been another eagle hanging out near the nest, but as far as we can tell, that eagle is NOT Liberty. Personally, I found it really interesting that, again this year, an eagle other than Liberty showed up with Patriot. And, I also think there is a lot that can be learned about this pair and their offspring from our groundcrew's observations. So, we'll keep watching and we'll see if and when Liberty makes her return this week...

The article does confirm that the eaglecam will not be turned on until Dec 1stSad, and that they did go up and clean the cameras off and they adjusted the angle of the new camera. So, hopefully it will be some great viewing once it is turned on!
Meanwhile, I'll try to keep you posted on the drama down on "Nesteria Lane"(itsgrama's new name for the nest)...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, October 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Wooh As I mentioned, we had a wet and rainy weekend here in Redding, rainfall totals ranged from 3.5-5 inches for 5pm Saturday to 5pm Sunday! Yikes! I recorded 5.5 inches at my house for the weekend.

Hopefully the eagles hunkered down somewhere and stayed dry?!?Sitting eagleSitting eagle

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, October 25 2010 @ 08:27 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

ClappingClappingShe's baaaaaack!!!
I was driving on Hwy 44 today around 2pm and spotted Liberty across the highway in her favorite tree! I had not seen anyone sitting in that particular tree yet this year, and there she was! I checked through the spotting scope to make sure it was her, and I could clearly see the notch in her collar!
I took a few shots of her from the new pedestrian/bike path...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, October 29 2010 @ 11:42 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Very Happy Patriot & Liberty were spending some quality time together tonite near the nest. Liberty flew down to the branch below the nest, and Patriot followed her down there. There was some pair bonding activity, love pecks, between the pair. The leaves on the Cottonwood Tree where their nest is makes viewing a bit challenging, but shouldn't be too much longer before they fall off.Smile
I captured some videos of Liberty flying down, then Patriot joining her, and then the 2 of them pecking at each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaZq97HkTpI

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, October 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

This is the 2nd video where Patriot decides to join his mate on the branch below the nest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccDDFTqZQxg

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, October 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

And, finally the last video where Patriot gives Liberty a few "love pecks" as they begin their pair bonding activities for the 2010-2011 nesting season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJRQAd7JVog

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:36 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate