https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Couldn't resist one more video taken on Friday evening around 6pm where the eagles were calling to each other for the longest period of time! Just love listening to those beautiful eagle calls!

Now, see if the calls sound the same to you? There was a 3rd adult eagle in the nest tree area that night, and it is too dark to make out the 2 eagles calling to each other. I'm pretty sure it is Patriot and Liberty, but one of the calls sounded different to me for some reason and it looked like a larger bird than Patriot? I could tell it was Liberty on the Victory Branch, but is that Pat above her? And, would they be calling like that if they weren't a bonded pair?
Check it out and see what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xygOoX74JOY

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

:hello: Turtle Bay,

eaglewoman,
Thank You

Wooh Never in all my life have I seen that many robins all in one place. Amazing videos! Looked to me like Liberty clearly invited Patriot to the mating game. He got the message. love Sounded like a 3rd eagle calling to me. Wondering if maybe it could have been one of their offspring. The calls sounded happy.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Quite a sight to see CAL04! Where exactly do you live? It would be nice if you could see that in person, I didn't even capture the beautiful formations they make in the sky~breathtaking!

Yes, it seems like Liberty has been "ready" numerous times in the past few weeks, but on several occasions Patriot did not seem ready? Liberty would bend over when he was next to her, and sometimes he would mount her, and other times he would walk away from her and head further up that branch?

I agree CAL04, the calls were all happy-sounding calls, so in my mind that has to be an offspring who is not a threat to them, but possibly learning the ropes? I know it might sound crazy, but in October when the other eagle showed up with Patriot, I felt that he could have been showing it what to do when it establishes it's own territory? He never seemed "attracted" to the eagle, yet he tolerated it being in their territory?

It's been quite a learning experience watching this pair I tell ya!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM EST  
eaglewoman

This video is from Saturday evening at dusk where they were in the nest working and then Patriot called and mounted Liberty. I hadn't seen them mate in the nest yet this season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwUNjDJHCuQ

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, January 31 2011 @ 12:27 AM EST  
eaglewoman

More melodious calls from Liberty as Patriot impresses her with his nest building abilities..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vs2f420l4

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, January 31 2011 @ 11:02 PM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Hi Gang!
Hard to believe it is February tomorrow!Very Happy Egg laying month is upon us already!!!

I found the lovely couple in the "Christmas Tree" together again this morning. My husband and I were saying that this is the first year that I have seen the pair together in this tree. It seemed like it was always Liberty's favorite roosting spot, but now she shares it with her mate.lovelove
Click on image to download

Then, Pat headed over to the nest for some nestorations. Liberty followed him over after a bit, and they both got real serious on their nestorations!!! They are definitely getting close guys!Red HeartRed HeartRed Heart

I was able to get a few more calendar 2012 shots of the gorgeous couple on a beautiful, sunny day!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, February 01 2011 @ 01:43 AM EST  
eaglewoman

And, a video from this morning, too! Just a gorgeous day and the eagles couldn't look any more beautiful in this lighting! They were sure busy working side by side in their nest, what a great team they make!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boBv4hZGRVI

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Tuesday, February 01 2011 @ 11:15 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Hi eaglewoman and EW's "Gang",

Just now getting up to speed on your new info, videos and photos. Amazing stuff, EW! We are so very fortunate to have you here and willing to share the beauty of this eagle nest. I can only imagine how time consuming your labor of love must be.
Thank You

You had asked me where I live exactly: I'm in Visalia but I will, one day, get to Redding to see the eagles and wildlife in person (not sure when yet). A few years ago, before I retired, I drove right past Redding on my way to Montana (family visits) almost anually. Had I only know then....

Also, I went back and looked at posts. You had also asked if there were chicks on any of the nests. Yes! Jordan Lake, NC, has 2 eaglets. Today the 1st chick hatched on the new cam at Sequoyah, OK. We expect another hatch soon. Terrible weather in OK but hoping for the best.

Thanks, again, EW!

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:08 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate