The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, January 07 2011 @ 12:04 AM EST  
eaglewoman

More nestorations and mating tonite 1/6/11 4:30-5:15 pm
I'm not an expert on eagle mating, but tonite Liberty looked like she was ready to accept Pat. I'll post my video and you can judge for yourself...
Patriot in the nest awaiting Liberty's arrival...
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Friday, January 07 2011 @ 12:27 AM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Great videos, as always, Eaglewoman. Much better than watching the cam. Maybe T.B. should just pay you to stand there all day--or install the cam right where you stand. Guess when the leaves start to come out it won't be such a clear shot, though. But, for now, the view of the nest is awesome and you are doing a wonderful job of capturing our beloved eagle pair.

Do you remember the gestation period? Know I could find it if I looked back, just thought someone here would know.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 12:13 AM EST  
eaglewoman

:oops: Awww shucks, thanks Eagle Eye!

Very HappyThe Patriot & Liberty Calendars are here!!! Let me know if anyone else wants one!

Here is a video of "Pat the Builder" bringing in another stick to the nest while Liberty looks on in admirationlove...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Pl-QQ0jHQ

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 02:33 AM EST  
eaglewoman

And more calling and mating from Thursday evening...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8-OPheiFY8

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: mykitters () on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 04:22 PM EST  
Anonymous: mykitters

Hi Everyone!:hello:I really didn't fall off the face of the earth but I have been working full time... boo! I've been keeping up reading the posts but can't post from work NOAs always Pat and Libby are a constant source of joy and eaglewoman your videos are awesomeVery Happy Keep up the great work! I was so happy that you decided to make a calendar and I would be interested in one as well. Looking forward to the new bobbleheads! I'm afraid to venture a guess at how many this yearPuzzled. I think I will leave it up to youTitterBye for now!

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 06:08 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Welcome back mykitters!!!
What a nice surprise to hear from you today!!!Grin I'm so glad you have been enjoying my videos & pics! I still can't believe how close that new trail is and how that doesn't bother them at all having all those folks walking & riding & skateboarding by them!:dunno:

I knew you hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, once an eagle lover, always an eagle lover, right?Sitting eagleSitting eagle

Here is a pic I took of Pat last night before Liberty arrived at the nest. He didn't show up tonite until 5:10 or so, and she flew in around 5:15 so there wasn't much light left. The nice thing about that new trail is that it has lights all along the pathway so I can stay there and videotape until almost 5:30 pm!!! I could never find my way out of that other little trail I used to shoot at if I stayed there that late!!!Titter
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 08:48 PM EST  
eaglewoman

And Eagle Eye, to answer your question from earlier about the gestation period, I copied this from the American Bald Eagle Information site...

Five to ten days after a successful copulation, the female lays a speckled off-white or buff colored egg about the size of a goose's. The second egg is laid a few days later, followed by a possible third.

Bald eagle nesting seasons

The 35 days of incubation duties are shared by both male and female, but it is the female who spends most of her time on the nest.

So, I guess P & L are just practicing for the real thing!Titter

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 11:50 PM EST  
itsgrama

WhistlingUnless they are going to be early this yeargiggle I haven't been watching the nest cam too much lately....is it close to being ready? Anybody know?
Also, I'm betting on 3 again this year. We'll see soon enough. Anyone interested in watching Lily the black bear and her cub from last year? Bear.org has their den cam up and running..some glitches I guess, but, it is active. Last year little Hope was born on Jan. 22. Getting close to time again.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate