Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 03:59 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You CAL04, itsgrama, and eagletwatcher!
It really was my lucky day that day! It was such a joy to be able to capture those shots of P & L!lovelovelove

Very Happy Good news! The Patriot & Liberty calendars are officially finished!!! I ordered 25 because I am going to ask Turtle Bay Museum to put some in their Gift Shop. I know there are a lot of other folks who would enjoy seeing those pictures of our beloved eagles! I did my best picking out my 12 favorite, and I asked 5 family members to choose their 12 favorites out of 35 that I narrowed it down to. So, hopefully you will be happy with the final product!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post my videos from the past few nights, I'll get on that right away! I got some nice mating footage 2 nights ago, and last night there was some real excitment at "Nesteria Lane"!!!:blink:

I saw what I thought was P or L fly into the nest, land on it, and then it just sat there looking all around. No nestoration work, which I thought was weird? After a bit, the adult flew down to a branch nearby. A different branch then I'd seen P or L on?
Next thing I know, 2 more adult eagles come flying in over my head!!! At that point, I knew something was up! Liberty landed to the left of the nest and started calling a bunch. Patriot landed on the Victory Branch. Then the intruder takes off, and good 'ole Liberty takes off after it with a vengeance! Patriot sat up there by himself for another 20 minutes or so, and it got pretty dark so I had to leave. I never did see Liberty come back, but I'm sure she was just making a statement to this intruder! And when I watched the video of it, I could see light black marks near the eyes of the intruder!!! That could be the same intruder that came to the nest in October 2009!!!!!
Never a dull moment at this nest, I tell ya! I'll post the video when I get a chance!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Friday, December 31 2010 @ 08:27 PM EST  
itsgrama

WOW. Drama at Nesteria Lane..Wooh.wonder if anyone was watching the cam. Hope Liberty is OK, I have read that some of those encounters can be deadly.Sad
Good work on the calendars, Eaglewoman, you da best! Do we need to get them from Turtlebay or will you contact us somehow?
Don't know if I can post my email address but I'm going to try: itsgrama@sbcglobal.net

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 12:33 AM EST  
eaglewoman

No worries, itsgrama~I saw Lady Liberty at the nest tonite and she didn't look ruffled at all! She's one tough bird I tell ya!Left thumb up

Here is the link to the video of the mystery intruder from last night...

It's a bit dark since it was dusk, but check out the slight dark markings near the eyes, could it be last year's intruder female? An offspring coming back to the nest again? It's a mystery!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5RsFg_GZQ

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 03:17 AM EST  
eaglewoman

...and here is the chase scene where Liberty runs the intruder out of the nest area. You go girl!!!Titter

The intruder can be seen on the lower right-hand side of the screen, Liberty is on the upper left-hand side. And, that is Patriot on the Victory Branch establishing his territory. Way to go Pat!Left thumb up Turn up your volume to hear some nice eagle calls. I know that It is kind of hard to make it all out, but there really were 3 adult eagles there!Titter And, judging by the size of the intruder, I would say it was definitely a female!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXQv5hEmpvs

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 06:10 AM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Quote by: eaglewoman

No worries, itsgrama~I saw Lady Liberty at the nest tonite and she didn't look ruffled at all! She's one tough bird I tell ya!Left thumb up

Here is the link to the video of the mystery intruder from last night...

It's a bit dark since it was dusk, but check out the slight dark markings near the eyes, could it be last year's intruder female? An offspring coming back to the nest again? It's a mystery!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5RsFg_GZQ

Very interestingeaglewoman! Thank you.

Compared your video, eaglewoman, to "The Wilson Bulletin". To me, the intruder's plumage looks to be Basic III or IV. Agree that the intruder is most likely a female and maybe even an offspring. Cannot imagine Patriot letting another male get so close and even right on the nest.

"The Wilson Bulletin": http://elibrary.unm.edu/sora/Wilson/v10 ... -p0010.pdf

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 12:21 PM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy HAPPY NEW YEAR EAGLE FANS. My computers are back among the living and I just caught up with everyone's posts AND your awesome pictures, eaglewoman! WOW. And very interesting observation, too. Hope to meet up with you later today. Very interesting. You are to be again commended for your dedication.Thank You That was an awesome video capture.

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 12:54 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Happy 2011 Patriot and Liberty - Turtle Bay,

9:30 am,
Looks like snow in the nest. Wooh
Click on image to download

Glad you're back Eagle Eye! HNY All!

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 01 2011 @ 03:25 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You Eagle Eye! Just happened to be in the right place at the right time!Left thumb up

NIce scap CAL04~yes, we actually did get a sprinkling of snow here last night! It made for an exciting New Year's Eve! We get very excited about snow here since it only happens every few years. eagleboy was out there catching snowflakes in his mouth he was so thirllled to see snow!

Happy New Year to One and All!Sitting eagleSitting eagle
Let's hope for another successful year at the Turtle Bay nest!Smile

Here are 2 more of my favorite pics for you Eagle Eye..Enjoy!

The beautiful majestic Liberty...

And, her handsome mate, Patriot...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:11 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate