You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 07:07 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

3:57 pm,
Patriot and Liberty are on the cam. Liberty airs her wings while she's on the V branch.
Click on image to download

4:06 pm, They're still on the V branch. Have been watching for about 20 minutes now.

Thanks so much for the updates, EW and Eagle Eye!

ETA: 4:08 pm, Liberty just flew-off to the right and down. I think she sees eaglewoman down there.

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 07:19 PM EST  

4:11 pm,
Liberty flew onto the nest then directly to her spot on the V branch (so mad at myself because I was reading some political garbaaage instead of recording so I missed capturing her fly-in).

4:14 pm,
Liberty back on the V.

4:19 pm, Both still on cam.
ETA: Patriot has been quite stationary the whole time (as far as I can tell anyway).

4:23 pm, Still on the branch. Patriot looking toward the highway; Liberty facing opposite toward the left.

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM EST  

4:28 pm,

Patriot flew off the nest. He went down and right with a wide angle circle-back left over the water. Liberty followed a few seconds later but she took a direct path left and down to rendezvous with where Patriot was at the time. Liberty took a shortcut; smart Gal, Liberty!
Clapping

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, December 14 2010 @ 10:47 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Clapping Way to go CAL04!!! Great scaps and updates!
I'm so glad you got those because I wasn't feeling well after school today, but I had seen them both up there on the Victory Branch as I drove by on my way home.Sitting eagleSitting eagle

I'm hoping I can get down there and capture some shots tomorrow!
Found this picture of the "close couple" from last season in January. They couldn't be any closer, could they?!?lovelovelove

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 01:53 AM EST  

My pleasure, eaglewoman; thank you.

Sure hope that you get a good night's rest, eaglewoman and that you feel better tomorrow. Thank you for sharing your "close couple" from last Jan. Beautiful! Gotta love that California sunshine on those regal white heads.
Cool

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM EST  

Smile Hello Turtle Bay,

12:49 pm,
Liberty is on her spot at the Victory branch!

1:16 pm, Liberty was still on the branch watching and preening and then I got this message:

"The Eagle Cam will be down today from approx. 1-2 p.m. as we test the web feed with a different video source! Thanks for your patience!"

Sure enough - no cam - just adds now. Well, did not get to see Liberty flyout or Patriot flyin but was able to watch for quite a while. Grin

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Wednesday, December 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM EST  

The cam was back up for a while; did not catch anybody at home though. We have another down time reported on the site:

"The Eagle Cam will be down from 3:45 p.m. tonight until tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. while we test the video signal. Thanks for your understanding."

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, December 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM EST  
eaglewoman

wave Thanks for the reports and the well wishes CAL04!
I was back in action today, and it was a beautiful sunny day here, which was a welcome change!Cool

My favorite viewing spot is under water currently, due to increased flows out of Shasta Dam into the Sacramento River. I'll have to wear my water boots to go down there I guess!

But, I headed to the new bike trail and I was lucky enough to catch Patriot on the Victory Branch, waiting for his mate. He was very vocal tonite, and I will post my video of him as soon as I can. Lots of nice calls!love
LIberty finally did fly in, just as my camera battery ran out! Timing is everything, right? Well, it was getting pretty dark by then anyway, so I wouldn't have been able to get too many more shots.

Here are some of Patriot from Wednesday around 4:45 or so?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate