https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2010/11 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM EDT  
MaryF

I'm not sure what time I took this...sorry. I thought it was interesting because it actually shows #1 pecking #2. It was maybe between 3 and 4 PM PDT.

Click on image to download

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM EDT  
MaryF

About 5:45PM PDT This isn't scientific but it sure is cute! love

My computer froze and then I had to feed my herd of kitties. Grin

Click on image to download

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: vernonbc () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM EDT  
Anonymous: vernonbc

I haven't checked in for awhile but what a difference twelve hours make. When I saw them early this morning I was laughing because they were so wobbly and now tonight, they're both quite stable and looking to be fed. It's supposed to be a beautiful day in southern BC tomorrow so we'll probably get some wonderful pictures of the nest and those precious babies.

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM EDT  
garyandjudi

pop WR feeding both bobbleheads and mom WR flys in from above
Click on image to download mom above 7:19 PM PDT

Out

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: willpatt () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 10:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous: willpatt

wave Apr 22nd at 7:17 PM. Dad is feeding mainly one eaglet. Mom flys in near the end of that feeding. Dad flys, Mom broods Smile Click here to watch. [4 mins]

By: Anonymous: vernonbc () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM EDT  

8:05
Dusk in White Rock and all is quiet. Mom is on the nest and the two babies seem to be settled in for the night. You can just barely see their little bums sticking out. Mom is still alert and keeping watch all round.

By: Anonymous: vernonbc () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM EDT  

8:12
Oops, spoke too soon. Mom is up and feeding the babies. They don't seem too interested and she's eating the bites herself. Calls out a couple of times - to Dad?

8:15
Both eaglets getting bites but they don't seem too eager to eat. She's having to rub the food over their beaks several times before they open up. She ends up eating most of it herself.

8:18
Feeding over and mom settles back over the babies. Haha, she's got a feather and a stringy piece of food stuck on top of her beak.

8:30
The sun has almost set and mom is brooding. The babies are completely covered and she's nodding off, looking up and around once in awhile at sounds she hears.

By: Anonymous: vernonbc () on Friday, April 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM EDT  

8:43
Mom calls out a couple of times and then leaves the nest! After a minute or two, one of the parents flies in. Wish I knew these particular eagles better so I could tell if it was mom or dad.

8:45
Settles in over the nest but does a fair bit of digging into the nest and rearranging before it settles down over the babies.

8:50
Still very alert and looking around. I think it's mom now that I see a bit of a different angle. You'd think it would be mom as it's time to settle down for the night.

8:55
Was quiet for a bit but up again to shift around and dig in the nest. She's doing a lot of shimmying around.

9:00
Still poking in the nest and looking around and sitting quite upright but her eyes seem to be getting heavy. Can't see where the babies are as her back is to the camera.

9:15
Dad has arrived back at the nest and is sitting on a branch up and to the left of mom and the babies. She called out to him when he got back. Beautiful picture of him on the wide angle sitting big and proud on the branch, looking out over the bay and the vista. Can't hear any other sounds in the area but both of them are quite alert although mom is nodding off now.

All times are EST. The time is now 01:22 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate