The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2010/11 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Brian H () on Thursday, September 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Brian H

Bluebird1;
All the major "clean-looking" poles around the nest are new. And the climber first screwed (I believe) a platform into place under the nest and cranked it up to provide a base, then drove several long (metal?) pins/beams into the trunk just below the nest.

So it has the basics required even if all the sticks and twigs were washed away in a storm. All eagles really require is the surrounding structure, AFAIK.

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, September 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

wave Hi Everyone,

All the work the tree climber did is still there. The hole on the upper left of the nest was already there; the wind just made it larger.Oh My

As you state JudySmile, he did have a mobility problem. I think Karen did mention his name in an email but I can't remember. I'll check as soon as I can for you.

I watched the entire operation and at times it was difficult to figure what he was doing but I did see him
power screwing metal braces below the nest. I also observed him pushing up on the nest and trying to
slide what I thought were more poles underneath. As MarySmile says, a look back at the captures
might answer some of our questions.

I have fingers crossed that WR pair will accept and build up the nest, but we will just have to wait and see.

HI Bonnie,Smile I miss them too!
There are a lot of eagles around during the season but don't know whether this pair has been around recently.
(Did you get my email?)

See all later........

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Thursday, September 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Quote by: AnniesKatz

wave Hi Everyone,

All the work the tree climber did is still there. The hole on the upper left of the nest was already there; the wind just made it larger.Oh My

As you state JudySmile, he did have a mobility problem. I think Karen did mention his name in an email but I can't remember. I'll check as soon as I can for you.

I watched the entire operation and at times it was difficult to figure what he was doing but I did see him
power screwing metal braces below the nest. I also observed him pushing up on the nest and trying to
slide what I thought were more poles underneath. As MarySmile says, a look back at the captures
might answer some of our questions.

I have fingers crossed that WR pair will accept and build up the nest, but we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks, Mary, Brian and Annie, for answering my question. hug

Glad that you saw the lower poles being inserted. I was there as you know, Annie, and saw how hard the fellow worked but I found it difficult to see what was going on when he was working lower down. Like you say, Annie, fingers crossed and wait and see!! (And I meant to say grid, not grill, I was overdue for lunch, I guess).LOL

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Bonnie (offline) on Thursday, September 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM EDT  
Bonnie

Quote by: AnniesKatz

wave Hi Everyone,

HI Bonnie,Smile I miss them too!
There are a lot of eagles around during the season but don't know whether this pair has been around recently.
(Did you get my email?)

See all later........

Hey Annie wave yes I did I haven't felt the greatest but I will review it this weekend and email you back probable Sunday my oldest is home and her Boyfriend is joining her here tomorrow for a weekend at home... Thanks again

Bonnie
Indiana

Forum

Indiana

Profile Email   PM

By: amykepler (offline) on Friday, September 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM EDT  
amykepler

For all my raptor loving friends. Please enjoy what My 80 year old Mom sent me. IT IS GLORIOUS! A

Hypnotic little piece of film. The last two or three seconds are amazing,
http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/

Forum

Toney, AL. U.S.A.

Profile Email   PM

By: GailM (offline) on Saturday, October 01 2011 @ 09:44 PM EDT  
GailM

Hello everyone,
Last weekend I walked the beach near the nest and did not see any eagles, however today we went for a drive and our resident eagle has returned to the "eagle tree" near the pier in White Rock which is about 4 miles from the nest we watch.

Gail

Forum

White Rock, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, October 02 2011 @ 10:54 AM EDT  
JudyB

October 2, 2011

Thanks for the eagle report, Gail! We weren't watching until mid-October last year, so don't really know when they usually return.

Weekly picture of the nest, so we'll have a basis for comparison. Really lovely in the morning light!

Click on image to download

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, October 02 2011 @ 01:16 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: GailM

Hello everyone,
Last weekend I walked the beach near the nest and did not see any eagles, however today we went for a drive and our resident eagle has returned to the "eagle tree" near the pier in White Rock which is about 4 miles from the nest we watch.

Thank you so much Gail. That is very exciting news!

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate