https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2010/11 ~ Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, September 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM EDT  
jkr

Amazing how much damage the wind can do in such a short time. Mom and Dad White Rock will have some major nestorations to do when they come home but at least they still have a good base to get started on.
Click on image to download

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: SoCal EagleFan (offline) on Tuesday, September 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM EDT  
SoCal EagleFan

Thanks for the video of the camera cleaning. He did a very good job.

Oh my, poor nest needs alot of work. I discovered this Eagle cam about half way thru this season, will we be able to watch Mom and Dad Eagle working on their nest when the time comes?

That would be very interesting to watch.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, September 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM EDT  
jkr

Hi SoCal EagleFan wave Most definitely you'll be able to watch. Our cameras are up and running 24/7 year round.
Since this was the first year we had a camera on White Rock I'm not sure when these eagles return. At some locations they return in October and do a bit of nestoration but they'll be hard at it by late Feb and into March in order to have it ready for eggs.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: SoCal EagleFan (offline) on Tuesday, September 27 2011 @ 12:04 PM EDT  
SoCal EagleFan

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to watching from the very beginning. I was just going back and reading from page 1 (Oct./Nov. 2010) From that it looks like Nov. both Mom and Dad were back. Though one of them did make an appearance in Oct.

So hopefully we'll be seeing some action in a couple of weeks or so!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Tuesday, September 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Tuesday - September 27, 2011

Hi and a big Welcome SoCal EagleFan, It is very nice to have you join us.
Pat B caught a great capture of Mom WR on October 16, 2010.
You are really going to enjoy watching this beautiful pair with a bonus beautiful view.

waveJudyB and Judy/jkr Yep, they have their work cut out for them but I'm optimistic they will make it 'livable' by Egg hatch:Egg hatch: time.Nodding yes
Thanks for the nice capture Judy.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Quote by: JudyB

What a shame. Thanks for the pictures, Annie and Pat.

Still, the new braces are still there to hold everything in place, and it looks as if the side rails are holding, so that should help the eagles build up the nest once they get back from the salmon runs.

wave Hi, everyone,

Sad to see all that hard work by our tree-climber disappear so quickly. Can someone explain what and where the bracing is? I had trouble seeing where all the poles were added, was hoping that some kind of grill or netting could have been added to the bottom of the nest to retain sticks and other nesting material.

Was "our guy" (do we have a name?) able to at least add some cross "beams" under the nest to support it? I know mobility was difficult for him and am just wondering, if anyone knows, what the net result of his effort will be.
I am still concerned that Mom and Dad will abandon this nest and then we will reallly be "up the creek". I hope that I am worrying needlessly! Oh My

BTW Thanks for all the wonderful s'caps and videos, great teamwork! hug

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: Bonnie (offline) on Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM EDT  
Bonnie

Hey all I try to watch the nest daily but right now with school its getting hard to watch it. I am sad to see that all that hard work by the tree guy has blown out of the nest. I was wondering if any of the ground crew has been out and about to see if the eagles are starting to return yet? I was reading on another board that someone saw 2 adult eagles around the white rock nest the last few days but none have landed at the nest as of yet.. so I figured I would come here and ask if its true they are starting to return or not thanks all

Missing our Eagles and Eaglets....

Bonnie
Indiana

Forum

Indiana

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, September 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM EDT  
MaryF

Bluebird1....I think if you go back and check some of the scaps from when the tree climber guy was working on the nest you can see him shoving some slender bars of some sort into the bottom of the nest.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:52 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate