|  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: KLAW () on Monday, June 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM EDT  
Anonymous: KLAW

Click on image to download

By: savewhiterocktrees (offline) on Monday, June 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM EDT  
savewhiterocktrees

Hi eaglenut,Great photos. I live in White Rock and have not had luck spotting the eagle nest tree from the beach side. Did you go down 1001 Steps and then walk west? How many mins along the beach until you get there? I wouldn't attempt to be in the area if I didn't know the eagles are very tolerant of observers. Thanks.

Forum

White Rock , BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: suzcues () on Monday, June 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM EDT  
Anonymous: suzcues

@ save

When you go, will you take bundles of branches for their nest? It has totally fallen apart and the "mansion" keeps sending people out to clean up. I am sure if they were aware they would leave some themselves, but they aren't apparently.

There are 28 nests in that area, not counting small bird and apparently the amount of branches available is limited because of that.

Smile

David seeded it the year before but now that the area is built up, they keep it too clean.

By: savewhiterocktrees (offline) on Monday, June 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM EDT  
savewhiterocktrees

Hi suzcues,
I'm assuming your last post was for my attention? I'm so glad to know about the branch situation. I'll speak to Karen at the luncheon today to see if she has anything to add about size/type and would be honored to pack in some branch material! Maybe I'll even use a wheel barrow. I'll be interested to know if it's best to place the material out on the sand at low tide or on the rocky-skinny-beach-at-high-tide. By the way eaglenut , I get east/west mixed up (not in my mind just on my lips!) and I think the nest tree is east of 1001 steps?

Forum

White Rock , BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: KLAW () on Monday, June 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM EDT  

I think these 3 are my fav's from yesterday Smile

By: Anonymous: KLAW () on Monday, June 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM EDT  

I think these 3 are my fav's from yesterday Smile

By: Anonymous: suzcues () on Wednesday, June 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM EDT  
Anonymous: suzcues

@ saves!

Yes, for you because you were going soon. LOL

I don't know why but the only things that have been brought for the nest were twigs so fine they fell through. Also, they did bring in some after the storm but soon we saw people on the ground and heard the landscapers bagging up everything for the party that weekend.

There just doesn't seem to be any place that the branches stay either because of landowners or undergrowth. When I see all the pictures that you bring (I am awestruck by the way) I don't see any place that has good potential for the eagles to get branches. I don't know where David left them when he seeded the area but it would be a boon to all nests I am sure.

Thanks so much! Let me know how that goes with Karen? Someone mentioned interference and I just don't think that is the case. Embellishing what nature provides and helping out a species that has human interference taking the branches away should be given consideration for human help <wink>

I appreciate you taking my suggestion seriously.

Sue

By: Anonymous: gardengail () on Wednesday, June 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM EDT  
Anonymous: gardengail

Eaglenut your pics are absolutely breathtaking! Awesome!!! I especially love the one of the Eagle and the Crow in flight. It really puts a perspective on the size of the Eagle!!!!

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:13 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate