See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: SoCal EagleFan (offline) on Sunday, October 09 2011 @ 11:19 AM EDT  
SoCal EagleFan

Thanks Morgandy14,

I think the screen caps are very good.
Great video too. Good to see Mom Eagle back at the nest.

Right now I'm hearing lots of crows but also in the distance can hear an Eagle but no sightings yet.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: morgandy14 () on Sunday, October 09 2011 @ 11:49 AM EDT  
Anonymous: morgandy14

Good scolding at the crows just now! It's distant but distinct. Do you all notice the difference between pair vocalizations across the country (and BC?) I can pretty much look away and hear which nest it is. These guys are too fun, no one understands when I say they are much more comical and provide so much more interest in behaviors than puppies and kittens.

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, October 09 2011 @ 01:25 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Sunday - 10/09/11

Hi SoCalEagleFan,

Hi Morgandy, Thank You for the s'caps and video. ...you did good!

It is indeed exciting to see Mom WR back at the nest. fingers crossed they will both begin filling
in the gaping holes and make a nice cozy nest for the little bobbles-to-come!

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Sunday, October 09 2011 @ 01:35 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

10:26a - A gray day and some wind this morning. There has been no acitivity
except for the spider who quickly rebuilt his web after the cleaning. The only sounds
have been seagulls in the distance.
Click on image to download

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Sunday, October 09 2011 @ 10:50 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Hi Annie, et al,wave

Sorry that I didn't "drop in" yesterday pm, but glad to see you caught sight of Mom! Checked a few times this afternoon but nada. (Back to the Sea Eagle,lol).

Thanks for the s'caps and thanks also for the video, Morgandy, really nice to see Mom in the nest. Those shadowy circling figures getting us ready for Hallowe'en early this year? Along with spidey of course.Grin

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM EDT  
JudyB

Wonderful pictures! Smile And so nice to see her back. love

I forgot to take a nest picture this weekend - so here it is, better late than never....

Click on image to download

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: morgandy14 () on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM EDT  
Anonymous: morgandy14

It's cracking me up because there is that long branch hanging straight down from the nest...I'm waiting to see what they eventually do with it.

Does anyone know what all that behavior mom was showing in the video I posted? The posturing, looking around and such? Just trying to assess the territory again, seeing the crow population, other things? I'm not sure I've seen that behavior in other returning eagles. I'm sure it's all a guess, but very interesting to watch.

By: Bluebird1 (offline) on Tuesday, October 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM EDT  
Bluebird1

Quote by: morgandy14

It's cracking me up because there is that long branch hanging straight down from the nest...I'm waiting to see what they eventually do with it.

Does anyone know what all that behavior mom was showing in the video I posted? The posturing, looking around and such? Just trying to assess the territory again, seeing the crow population, other things? I'm not sure I've seen that behavior in other returning eagles. I'm sure it's all a guess, but very interesting to watch.

:hello: Morganandy. Mom always seemed more troubled by the crows that harassed her on the nest than Dad,
guess that is understandable as she spent more time there brooding the eggs and chicks. I think that accounts for the reaction that you captured in your video.

As to the stick hanging down it will be fun to watch - maybe the wind,rain and snow will cause its "demise"? I'm still concerned about the state of the nest, wish we had some reassurance that the base was well fortified by the tree climber. It was alarming to see a lot of his handiwork and hard work disappear with the first storm that came along, Oh My although the sturdier rails that were added remain.

10:28 pm Nice to hear the train whistle above the roar of the wind at the nest today. I have to remind myself that it is the tree that the wide angle cam is on that tosses so much in the wind and not the nest tree itself.Roll eyes

J D

Calgary

Forum

Calgary, AB

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:53 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate