The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Associated Web Cameras > South African Eagle Owls in Potted Plant Stand
 Spotted Eagle Owl - 2010 - Johannesburg
 |  Printable Version
By: birdofprey (offline) on Wednesday, November 03 2010 @ 10:09 PM EDT  
birdofprey

The middle chick now has a name - "Indie". Grin

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, November 03 2010 @ 10:45 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks for posting the name for the middle chick, BOP - I haven't had time to check the blog lately.

Quote by: birdofprey

Is that Teeny on the balcony floor, in front of the jungle gym, in your screenshots?

ETA:
I just took a peek at the cam - in a different light that object appears to be the shoe that Teeny was defending the other day. Roll eyes

I was wondering if the gray object on the left edge of the screen (around 7 or 8:00 position if you consider the whole window a clock face) in the first of my three s'caps was Teeny - it doesn't seem to be there in the other two. Link is forum/viewtopic.php?topic=120385#120385

Nice pictures, Debs - they're getting big enough that it's not always easy to tell who's an adult and who's a chick! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 12:05 AM EDT  
birdofprey

Quote by: JudyB

I was wondering if the gray object on the left edge of the screen (around 7 or 8:00 position if you consider the whole window a clock face) in the first of my three s'caps was Teeny - it doesn't seem to be there in the other two. Link is forum/viewtopic.php?topic=120385#120385

I think it might be. love It's definitely not there in the other 2 screenshots.

"Indie" got its name from Indiana Jones because apparently it's the adventurer. Wink

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 08:00 AM EDT  
JudyB

I think all three chicks are in the planter this morning (well, my morning - think it's their afternoon). They are getting huge - but I don't think the adults spend much time there when they're this big.
Click on image to download

I heard some sort of noise and they seemed to be on alert for a bit, but all seems well now.

Added -
Looking back and comparing my pics to yours, Debs and BOP - and I agree that it's Mom with two of the chicks in yours. The oldest one is getting some nice feather development - but nothing to compare to beautiful Mom!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 10:47 AM EDT  
birdofprey

aaww - Teeny must have figured out the jungle gym and is able to join its siblings again in the pot plant. love

(Today' s blog confirms that all three chicks were in the nest. Grin )

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Friday, November 05 2010 @ 09:51 AM EDT  
birdofprey

The blog reports that Jelani (the eldest) has flown! Yesterday afternoon it flew across the yard to the neighbour's roof! :blink: As of this morning it was back, on the patio below the balcony in their BBQ area.

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: birdofprey (offline) on Friday, November 05 2010 @ 08:46 PM EDT  
birdofprey

From the blog - no live cam till early next week: Sad

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unforseen circumstances. Our internet provider has a problem and we have been advised that it should be fixed early next week! We will be regularly updating the blogg and putting pictures on but no live camera for a while!!

However as of 7:00 PM Friday they report all 3 chicks are well and being fed by Mom. Smile

Forum

Nanaimo

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, November 05 2010 @ 10:49 PM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks for the update, BOP. I am glad that there are people around to post updates - fledging time isn't when you want the cams to go down.... Sad

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:13 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate