The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Associated Web Cameras > South African Eagle Owls in Potted Plant Stand
 Spotted Eagle Owl - 2010 - Johannesburg
 |  Printable Version
By: Castor (offline) on Tuesday, October 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM EDT  
Castor

I have seen two deliveries of food and in the two they have been birds, for example the first s, caps:

The owners of the house _abrieron_ the sliding door to see the chickens and these remained perplex.

Forum

Mungia, Bay of
Biscay

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, October 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM EDT  
JudyB

Lovely pictures - thanks, Castor, PEB and soph! I love the one of them all lined up - I've found it very hard to get a good look at more than one or two at a time. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, October 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM EDT  
jkr

Wednesday, Oct 27

2:45 pm in SA
The larger chick is out of the pot and standing on the cement piece between the pot and the balcony railing. I hope he intentionally climbed out of the pot and didn't fall out.

The other two are snuggled side by side in the pot.
Click on image to download

2:55 pm
The one on the railing has now moved to the left and is out of view behind the pot. Every once in awhile he moves and feathers come into view.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, October 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM EDT  
JudyB

I checked their blog - http://potplantowl.blogspot.com/ - and it sounds as if the chicks are proceeding on schedule. The owners of the balcony put out a parrot jungle gym which should help the chicks climb back up into the nest. According to the blog, both the larger ones were out for a while yesterday.

I'd like to take a peek - but there are eagles at Lafarge, and I'm still hopefully watching Delta - and I need a bit of screen for my work.

Oh - wait - I have a laptop too, don't I. Grin

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Wednesday, October 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM EDT  
JudyB

20:27 (8:27 pm)

Very windy at the nest - the cam is being blown around quite a bit, and I'm seeing flashing lights that I think is lightning. I'm seeing two chicks in the nest, and they look similar in size, so I'm hoping it's the two bigger ones, and the little one is down behind them. I did see all three there earlier.

The adults (or at least an adult) was in and out a number of times earlier this evening, with at least one or two food deliveries - perhaps in anticipation of a storm when flying would be difficult. I also think I saw a flashlight pointed briefly at the nest - didn't help me see the chicks, but I'm guessing the owners would have looked a bit more if they hadn't seen all three in the planter.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: jkr (offline) on Wednesday, October 27 2010 @ 03:25 PM EDT  
jkr

9:20 pm
Still lightning and thunder.
Two chicks are in the pot and the third is actually up in the plant. He was stretching and making himself more comfortable.

9:22 pm
Adult just arrived and the chick in the shrub came scurrying down to the plant pot. He was probably expecting food but this wasn't a food delivery. Maybe Mom arrived to tell him to get back into the pot where it's safe Titter

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, October 28 2010 @ 01:50 PM EDT  
JudyB

Didn't make it in during daylight hours - but all three are looking good at dusk!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, October 29 2010 @ 11:30 PM EDT  
JudyB

October 30 (I think)
5:23 am

I see they've changed the cam angle, now that the eagles are doing more exploring:

They said in their marvelous blog (link in the first post) that even the little one had been exploring the balcony - though he/she didn't return as gracefully as the older two. I'm pretty sure there are two in the pot - and am not sure if the third is there or where he/she is.

I am sure that while it's morning in South Africa, it's quite late in Maine - so I must call it a night.

G'night, little owls - and anyone else online.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:53 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate