Just saw this video on CBC -Quite a rescue

http://cbc.sh/s2Owshc
hope the link works

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Friday, November 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM EST  
IrishEyes

:hello:gd.. Thank you... love good news stories... brought tears to my eyes when i saw the baby united with her MOm...Cloud 9.

This was sent to me by my good friend Doreen ( deewerms)and she asked me to post it here for her.... it happened about one mile from her home and she has never seen an eagle in her town.. she is thrilled that some are close by.....thanks Doreen...hug

Salem Police Rescue Bald Eagle from Trap

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Monday, March 04 2013 @ 01:56 PM EST  
Pat B

Eagle tree cut down deemed a danger
District of Sechelt

March 3, 2013
Christine Wood/Staff Writer

Some members of the public are upset at the cutting of a tree that once held a bald eagle’s nest on Silverstone Lane in Sechelt, but the tree was deemed a danger, according to the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations.

snip

The Ministry stipulated the nest would have to be removed and the work on the tree completed before this year’s breeding season started.

Once the nest was removed, the property owners were free to top the tree; however, they must now complete a mitigation plan.

“The details of the mitigation plan are still being finalized,” Gudgeon said. “However, it will focus on providing or improving nesting opportunities for eagles in the vicinity of the subject nest.”

Local conservation officers did not have to sign off on the permit or approve the removal of the nest before the work was done, he added.

Read the Whole Article Here

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Sunday, March 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM EDT  
Pat B

This relates to the Eagles' Nest Tree that was topped in Sechelt, BC.
The Provincial Government want comments from the public re: SPECIES-AT-RISK PROTECTION

Comments sought on draft plan

Protecting vulnerable species

March 21, 2013

Minister of Environment Terry Lake and Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations Steve Thomson invite interested individuals and groups to comment on B.C.'s draft species-at-risk plan.

Comments on "Protecting Vulnerable Species: A Draft Five-Year Plan for Species at Risk in British Columbia" will be accepted on-line and by mail until April 12. Comments will be reviewed and summarized on the website on a weekly basis in a frequently asked questions (FAQ) format. Feedback provided will be considered in making revisions to the draft plan and informing further development of British Columbia's species-at-risk program.

The draft plan results from the work of the Species at Risk Task Force. The task force's report was released in July 2011 and contained 16 recommendations, ranging from technical advice (e.g., take an ecosystem approach), to making changes to the regulatory framework and launching a wider public consultation process.

All the recommendations of the task force were considered when preparing the draft species-at-risk plan.

“The draft plan provides a vision for a balanced, collaborative approach to species-at-risk management in B.C.,” said Lake in a news release. “It brings together the numerous activities that the Province undertakes for species at risk and presents them as a coherent program, and it celebrates some of our key successes in protecting and managing B.C.'s vulnerable species. Most importantly, of course, the plan provides a clear path for the future, demonstrating a thoughtful, considered approach to a challenging issue."

To comment on B.C.'s draft species-at-risk plan, visit: www.env.gov.bc.ca/atrisk/5_yr_plan/

For more information about the Species at Risk Task Force and to view its report, visit: www.env.gov.bc.ca/sartaskforce/

To read the full article

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Marg (offline) on Wednesday, March 27 2013 @ 06:05 PM EDT  
Marg

This is cute video about ducks:

CLICK HERE

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Steamer (offline) on Thursday, June 20 2013 @ 03:03 AM EDT  
Steamer

Here's quite the sobering story on the current state of global bird species that I just came across tonight:

http://home.mytelus.com/p/news/source/n ... e/23896252

Maybe it should go up in the Wildlife News section of the forum or on the home page to get wider coverage Chin

Pretty alarming read that all bird loving forum members should certainly check out sigh sign

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: queenie (offline) on Thursday, July 18 2013 @ 12:13 AM EDT  
queenie

I guess this is where this might goOut

Injured raven asks humans for help after run-in with porcupine
14 hrs ago MSN
In June, Gertie Cleary and her daughter encountered a distressed raven in Nova Scotia, Canada. The bird suffered from an unusual ailment: several porcupine quills stuck in its face. What happened next was even more unusual. The raven seemed to understand that it needed human assistance to solve its problem, and allowed Cleary to approach it and remove the quills. "It reminded me of a child with a splinter and when you pull a splinter out, they holler and screech and pull their hand away," Cleary told CTV. She and her daughter fed the raven dog food and water after helping it, and the bird reportedly returned the next day before flying away
Injured raven asks humans for help after run-in with porcupine

http://now.msn.com/raven-asks-for-help- ... tia-canada
Click on image to download
Click on image to download
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlwxLtFQ ... r_embedded

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. ~Aristotle
My Media Memories Album

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate