https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 2016+2017 Trio of Eagles-Fulton Eagles & Nest-Lock 13-Fulton, IL
 |  Printable Version
By: eagleslanding (offline) on Saturday, October 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM EDT  
eagleslanding

Oh I do have a question. Do the Mississippi River Boats or Steamboats that cruise up and down the Mississippi River Go by this beautiful nest? I believe the Ohio River also has the Steamboats or River Boats. What a lovely way to lazily cruise along the Mississippi River right up or down the heart of our country. Just wondering if these beautiful boats go up the Mississippi that far? I suppose I could google it. I would have to look for exact location of nest and google itinerary of the River Boat. Hey anyone near this nest know. Thanks so kindly. Looking forward to the Valors with their new Lady. Do so hope they stay at this nest.

Forum

By: eagleslanding (offline) on Sunday, October 15 2017 @ 05:01 PM EDT  
eagleslanding

Quote by: eagleslanding

Oh I do have a question. Do the Mississippi River Boats or Steamboats that cruise up and down the Mississippi River Go by this beautiful nest? I believe the Ohio River also has the Steamboats or River Boats. What a lovely way to lazily cruise along the Mississippi River right up or down the heart of our country. Just wondering if these beautiful boats go up the Mississippi that far? I suppose I could google it. I would have to look for exact location of nest and google itinerary of the River Boat. Hey anyone near this nest know. Thanks so kindly. Looking forward to the Valors with their new Lady. Do so hope they stay at this nest.

I googled it and looks like only accessible by golf cart tour and by tour on land. Sounds like the nest is in a wildlife refuge and and disturbance by water would scare the birds. Sounds like no tour boats or Mississippi steamboats. Would be fun to drive there and tour the nest in one of the group tours. Nice day trip. Cannot picture this area . Do not know the geography of the upper Mississippi. Do know they have Riverboat steam boat cruises in the south on the Mississippi. Would be pretty fall drive/visit. Before winter comes in.

Forum

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, December 01 2017 @ 02:47 PM EST  
JudyB

Link to the thread for the 2017/2018 nesting season is here - forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=1031209.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:08 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate