The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: crayj46 (offline) on Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 07:33 PM EDT  
crayj46

Quote by: lmac

On SwEC FB someone has posted a David Eppley photo taken today of Harriet in ariel battle with adult from cell tower. Can experts tell if this really is the case as someone else has posted about courtship rituals. Thank you

sorry, i don't do face book so cannot comment on the photo. shame they make it private and non facebookers can't look. part of courtship ritual is sometimes locked talon spirals, it is also combat.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 07:52 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

NEST ACTIVITY for October 03, 2015 continued...

Hello everyone. I am posting the rest of the nest activity for earlier today. The cams remain offline for trouble shooting.

An observation I did not 'see' until I was editing my videos occurred at 8:38 am, and I feel it is important. Sorry I missed it real time... probably writing my notes. Wink So here it is too.

8:38 am: The sub adult starts mating vocalizations with Harriet answering with a 'head-up' vocal. Harriet vocalizes and begins 'footing' (throwing her foot at his side) the sub adult while on the cell tower. He either lost his balance or changed his mind because that was when he flew back over to the nest. Harriet means eagle business... she wants eggs!!
Click on image to download

Now to where FlaNative left off!

9:00-9:45 It is sprinkling a little. The SA flies to the porch. Harriet is calling with soft short vocals. Harriet preens, watches the area and continues with vocalizations off and on. The sub adult (SA/slim) remains on the porch and watches the area. Harriet is tracking to the SW at 9:42.

9:45 The SA hops to the nest. Harriet looks at him and is quite vocal. He is moving sticks in the nest (and nicely, I might add). The SA hops back to the porch.

9:50-10:10 Harriet takes off to the cell tower. So does SA. Another eagle is flying near there. All three are flying around the tower. One lands and another one flies near but does not flush the eagle off the cell tower. The eagle on the cell tower flies through the west pasture and around in the sky there. The othr two go behind the west pasture tree line and are flying back and forth. They are a distance away and look like little specks.

10:05 There are still eagles flying back and forth in the far west sky.

10:30 I am headed home. No eagle has returned to the nest tree. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn and not judge or predict. Ozzie would want us to go forward with Harriet. Miss you, Ozzie.

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 08:10 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

I have "live" cams right now. Hope you all do too!!
eta: only ONE cam is live - cam2. Sorry!

Some of you have been asking me "Does this mean no more updates by Wskrsnwings because the cams have gone live for the season?"
This simply means that all of us on the SWFEC team are now working together to bring everyone observations throughout the day (and night as needed) as we have done for the previous seasons. The mods watching the cam can see in the nest whereas I cannot on the ground. So the observations will be more comprehensive. You will know what is going on shortly after it happens instead of waiting for my report. And I will be able to spend some days at home after being at the nest almost daily since March...Yes March, such a long time ago.

VickiO

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Saturday, October 03 2015 @ 08:17 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Video Camera VIDEO: https://youtu.be/-SKsvr2Gjfg

Harriet Means Eagle Business~She Wants Eggs 10-03-15

Harriet and the sub adult start the morning together. Harriet vocalizes as the sub adult (SA/slim) moves sticks in the nest. They are seen on the cell tower and Harriet strongly encourages bonding by 'footing', poking SA with her foot. SA flies back to the nest. Both defend the territory going after an eagle on the cell tower. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn and not judge or predict. Ozzie would want us to go forward with Harriet. Miss you, Ozzie.

both flying to the cell tower the first time
they land together on the tower
the sub adult hops back to the porch

VickiO

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Shelli22sweet (offline) on Sunday, October 04 2015 @ 02:04 AM EDT  
Shelli22sweet

NEST ACTIVITY - Sunday October 4th

Sitting eagle Morning Eagle Lovers! Mug of coffee

~ Keep it real...Peace ~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: FlaNative9 (offline) on Sunday, October 04 2015 @ 08:30 AM EDT  
FlaNative9

Nest Activity - October 04, 2015

All observations by Wskrsnwings

7:06 I have been at the nest since 6:00 am. There have been no sightings of eagles or vocals heard in the pastures or surrounding area. It was raining at 6 AM but it has cleared now.

8:15 I have checked the ponds, poles, towers and stands of trees. There were no eagles sighted or heard. I am now back at the nest.

Candi

"The cell tower is now the tree that used to be"

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Jeannius (offline) on Sunday, October 04 2015 @ 08:49 AM EDT  
Jeannius

I just saw what appeared to be an eagle in the tree on cam 2 about 5 minutes ago. Didn't stay long, though!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: tomp2001 (offline) on Sunday, October 04 2015 @ 09:05 AM EDT  
tomp2001

Good morning my friends so today the ache is very minimal,so to test if it means I am healing I give myself a road test. giggle The other day I could not watch any dedications so what better test. I watch two the ache returns while I am watching but even though there is the pain its not strong enough to bring a tear, maybe there are none left hahahahah. Nodding yes No I think I am getting better,as soon as it is over the ache starts to return to barely there. I do not think it will get any better than this there is always the ache there when you remember a lost soul that you love and miss, and Ozzie you are now among them in my heart and mind forever. You live on forever as long as I feel you and remember you and the ache does that it's the reminder of the love, the good times, we shared. For me it's now time to move on Thank you God for giving me the ability to move on, Thank you Ozzie for all the wonderful times, I will see you again one day and we will soar together friend . Rest in Peace my friend and here's a BIG SMILE for you! You brought so many to me thanks. I hope you all are healing no worries if it was faster than I, no worries if it takes more time all of us deal in our own way we know what we are capable of so take your time not mine. Have a wonderful day all the good times are just in front of us we just have to reach out and accept them! Grin

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:13 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate