Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: crayj46 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 09:58 AM EDT  
crayj46

let us not forget FV/M15 either. he happened upon a single Mom nest, he spent the late spring and summer wooing her, he proved he was capable enough to be accepted by her. when Oz returned he defended his territory and nest, remember, he didn't know Oz from apples. i think he too now flies over the bridge, he too gave his life defending his nest and territory. a lot of conjecturing with this, but he has not returned,,and the only thing that would keep him away is death

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: GlassCutter7 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 10:07 AM EDT  
GlassCutter7

Quote by: crayj46

let us not forget FV/M15 either. he happened upon a single Mom nest, he spent the late spring and summer wooing her, he proved he was capable enough to be accepted by her. when Oz returned he defended his territory and nest, remember, he didn't know Oz from apples. i think he too now flies over the bridge, he too gave his life defending his nest and territory. a lot of conjecturing with this, but he has not returned,,and the only thing that would keep him away is death

I agree with you on this. I was fond of FV, and also think he may have passed on. I agree that he was bonded to Harriet at this point and felt that he was defending his nest from an intruder who he had no idea was doing the same. It would be nice to know definitively, but with not there for this long... I don't know... It's sad all around.

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: FlaNative9 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 10:10 AM EDT  
FlaNative9

Continued NEST ACTIVITY - October 02, 2015

All observations by Wskrsnwings

6:05-6:30 I am at the nest. I do not see or hear any eagles in the nest tree or pasture. No Eagles on the cell tower. It is too dark to see silhouettes in the west pasture.

6:33 I can see the rocket that launched from Cape Canaveral this morning. Beautiful again going behind the nest tree.

6:45 Still no Eagles seen or heard.

7:33 Two Eagles fly from the distant south to the northwest past the tree lines and out of sight

7:37-7:41 I see one adult eagle perched on the cell tower, wings out, panting and looking around before they quickly fly to the west

7:58-8:05 I see Harriet perched on one of the power poles behind the office. She is perched quietly in the highest pole and the sub adult is perched on the lower adjacent pole. No vocals.

8:10 I am headed home.

9:00 I received a report that Harriet is still perched quietly on the power pole with the sub adult remaining on the adjacent lower pole and quiet.

Candi

"The cell tower is now the tree that used to be"

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 10:42 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

And I agree again....thank you Whiskers and other observers for the detailed reporting. You are wonderful, we are fortunate to have you.

Thank you Pritchett family for this cam and your caring, and all the folks "behind the scenes".

I will not forget FV/M15 either, got truly fond of him and his caring for Harriet. We don't know what happened to him, however, we suspect sadly.

Harriet is a wise eagle lady, will choose wisely therefore. Let's look forward with high hopes for whatever is to be. A special hug to all mods and those so close to this nest over the years.
Change is always difficult, yet it is what it is.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: DFD1 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 01:18 PM EDT  
DFD1

It was so WONDERFUL to turn on my computer this morning and SEE the nest once again! We are off and running with great hopes and expectations to the season ahead of us. What is past is behind us - to a point. I am, as many are as well, still grieving for our Ozzie, but we must think of OUR future and Harriet. What a trooper she is!! I see that SA is hanging around quite a bit the last couple of days. Could he be the next man in Harriet's life? I pray that we will have eaglets this year, but time will tell. EAGLE TIME - I must keep reminding myself of that. We are blessed to have such a remarkable group of MODS and the Pritchett's giving us this Eagle World while we sit in our jammies and watch, worry, rejoice, fret, wonder, wait, and wait some more!! We do have LIFE in the nest. Harriet will show us what it takes. I do hope we discover FV/M15. Sad because he stepped up and Harriet seemed to be smitten with him - or at least she felt he was "workable" for her needs. Thank You

To Dream Gives One Hope
Forum

Norcross, GA

Profile Email   PM

By: MsSmith57 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 02:23 PM EDT  
MsSmith57

wave Nest Activity Continued

Not a lot being heard or seen this afternoon, but the view from the cams is wonderful!

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Mark Twain

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 04:05 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Good afternoon everyone! It is so nice to have all the moderators on the SWFEC team doing observations now. Thank You TEAM!! Now I can sneak in some Sleepy every now and then.

I do have some photos to post from this morning's visit.

watching the rocket pass by the nest area
Click on image to download
the rocket contrails spelling"O" for Ozzie Cry sad
Harriet flies north with the sub adult following her

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 04:07 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

unknown eagle on the cell tower
Harriet on the power pole
sub adult on the adjacent power pole

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:35 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate