Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 SW Florida Eagle Cam 2015/16
 |  Printable Version
By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 06:04 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

I am going to try and document the nest as it looks on the cam each morning as nestorations take place. Hoping Harriet will get the nest rebuilt... with help. Smile

nest at 10:22 am 10-01-15
Click on image to download

Thank You Val

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: wskrsnwings (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 06:53 PM EDT  
wskrsnwings

Video Camera https://youtu.be/xMD4n7ZDzKU

Harriet Announces The Start Of Season 4 10-1-15

Harriet is quite vocal this morning with the sub adult continuing to 'follow' her. She advances to the sub adult twice before she flies away to the south. The way of the eagle continues to unfold before our eyes. May we observe and learn and not judge or predict.

Harriet vocalizing in another area
sub adult follows Harriet early this am
sub adult flies to the north (back toward the nest)

VickiO
"In order to see birds, it is necessary to listen to the silence." ~R. Lynd

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MsSmith57 (offline) on Thursday, October 01 2015 @ 09:09 PM EDT  
MsSmith57

wave Evening Nest Observations October 1, 2015

Hello everyone, so nice to be back for Season 4! Thank you to Essec, dadsjazz, FlaNative, icecream24/7, LoisNY and a big thanks to wsksrnwings for her dedication to the eagles, the nest and Southwest Florida Eagle Cam while the cams were down for the season.

approx. 5:50ish p.m. Essec heard vocals, FlaNative sees an eagle on the limb on cam 2 view very bottom left of screen, hard to see as the winds blow the limb in and out of view. Not sure which eagle it is and it doesn't really sound like Harriet's vocals....

icecream24/7 thinks it could be SA or the one some are calling Slim

dadsjazz: 5:50 h flies west followed by another eagle. 552 they return to the nest tree lots of vocals. they are up high in the tree out of cam view.

FlaNative: 6:46 Harriet vocals, 6:47 both take off from top of nest tree. Headed towards the church.

It feels SO good to be back. Hoping to see a successful nesting season with Harriet and whomever she chooses if she chooses....... Will miss our dear Ozzie terribly but am thankful that we were able to see him flying free before his passing.

Goodnight everyone and welcome back to all. sleepy

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. Mark Twain

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Shelli22sweet (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 02:10 AM EDT  
Shelli22sweet

NEST ACTIVITY - OCTOBER 2nd

Sitting eagle Good Morning SWFEC Fan, friends and eagle lovers! Mug of coffee

~ Keep it real...Peace ~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: tomp2001 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 07:42 AM EDT  
tomp2001

Good morning , How do I know it is a good morning,well I woke up any day We are alive and wake up is a good morning! Very Happy Then I feel this small ache in my chest, not a physical cause a mental one! Amazing we are us humans, our brains so complicated we can feel physical pain when there is no physical reason. Makes me wonder some days if it's a good thing. But from living life for so long, I know without it in my life I would not be the person I am. Such complicated thoughts,from my simple mind,but so necessary to learn to handle loss in my life.It makes me sad but without this sadness how would I know what happiness is or the difference in the feeling. It still doesn't help I still feel the ache even thought I know its ok and soon I will be very ok it still hurts. sad We all must learn this because at some time in our lives we will face it death is just a part of life simple as that and if we do not learn to deal with feelings what will we do, how will we move on how will we know life is good still. WE all are different we all deal differently we all learn to cope at our own speed. I wish I could say something that would speed it up but this is something that goes deeper than words, it takes time and all at our own pace. Time the thing we don't have when we need it and sometimes to much of it when we don't but non the less time.I might cry again today but it will be less then yesterday, and maybe more than tomorrow, my friend and my enemy time is passing by and with it my pain and with it my healing grows.Ozzie are you laughing at me because you are free and happy,its ok my friend laugh I will one day soon and remember you and the great times we had even if you had no idea the whole time I was there you know now and that's all that matters. Soar high and free my friend, one day in the future I will soar with you just not today! Have a wonderful day my friends. Enjoy the life you have it will not be forever, and soak up all the feelings you can that is what makes us what and who we are! Peace and a BIG SMILE thru it all! wave Grin roadrunner

Forum

Profile     PM

By: flexpat (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 08:55 AM EDT  
flexpat

While it has been less than 24 hours since I learned of Ozzie's passing, I am already reflecting on all he and Harriet have given me. Watching this nest, we have all cried and cheered together. We have a common bond and an obvious love for creatures (except snakes and rats for me personally). You words will help me heal and they are appreciated. I'm glad to have found this nest and every one of my human, bird and gecko friends. With this heartache, I am reminded to sit in the cheering section and root for Harriet to find a new mate. I need to open my heart to this new mate and remember to give him the opportunity to learn the ways of Harriet, our Matriarch. And I hope he comes soon so we can watch and learn from the three new cams that the Pritchett's and SWFEC so generously and thoughtfully placed. A warm hug and "Welcome Back" to all of you.

Everything in moderation.
Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Val (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 09:08 AM EDT  
Val

Good morning Flexpat, Harriett and dear friends of this beautiful nest,

I concur on what you shared. I, too, will diligently look forward to see our matriarch Harriet go forward and, hopefully,
choose a mate and see how God lines this up for the season ahead. Each and every day is a blessing to receive
from Vicki and others their ground reports/observations. A new chapter unfolds for us!

Val

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: GlassCutter7 (offline) on Friday, October 02 2015 @ 09:16 AM EDT  
GlassCutter7

Quote by: flexpat

While it has been less than 24 hours since I learned of Ozzie's passing, I am already reflecting on all he and Harriet have given me. Watching this nest, we have all cried and cheered together. We have a common bond and an obvious love for creatures (except snakes and rats for me personally). You words will help me heal and they are appreciated. I'm glad to have found this nest and every one of my human, bird and gecko friends. With this heartache, I am reminded to sit in the cheering section and root for Harriet to find a new mate. I need to open my heart to this new mate and remember to give him the opportunity to learn the ways of Harriet, our Matriarch. And I hope he comes soon so we can watch and learn from the three new cams that the Pritchett's and SWFEC so generously and thoughtfully placed. A warm hug and "Welcome Back" to all of you.

I know you will accept the new eagle when Harriet chooses her new mate. Ozzie will never be forgotten, he is loved by so many and his legacy at this nest carries on. My town lost our male after over 10 years of observation, and it was devastating to so many, but when our female took her new mate, it was funny to watch him learn. He is much younger than she is, and she had to teach him much about being a mate. It took 2 years before we had a hatching. When that happened, he provided...man did he provide. He brought so much fish there was barely room for the eaglets. 3 fledged. He is a different character than our precious lost male, but we love him and I know you will love the new one as well.

God Bless everyone who loves Ozzie. He was very special. I loved his dancing to the camera and watching the bond between he and Harriet. Harriet is a special gal, and she will choose wisely. Harriet will carry on and I hope you will all find peace and reasons to smile in your heart healing time.

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:57 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate