You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans Eagle Cam, Turtle Bay, CA - Bald Eagle Cam - 2010
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 11:17 PM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Quote by: putytatt

:Well, I found my way over here. Not sure if I logged in correctly or not. I would suggest that the register page pop up as a separate page so you can go back and read the directions on the main page--if you follow what I am trying to say.

I posted a picture of the nest on the old site a few minutes ago. I am going to attempt to do the same here. The first time I tried, my antivurus closed the page for me. So, I am attempting this again. After a preview, it looks like it is not working.

It looks like the nest is about ready for eggs. What do you guys think?

wave Hi putytatt,
So glad that you are here. Grin

I'm thinking that JudyB took note of your suggestion for a pop-up page (she did say that it was late at night for her though). Wink

Thank you for the the picture. Yup, it certainly does look like the nest bowl is well prepared for eggs. Kinda hoping that Patriot and Liberty wait until the weather improves a tinsy bit. Chin
Thank You

By: Anonymous: californiakayake () on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 12:38 AM EST  
Anonymous: californiakayake

Locally, and perhaps nationally, on sunday, at 8pm, there will be a program on Nature on PBS regarding the American Eagle. it may be a repeat, do not know.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes ... tion/4201/

As an additional resource, these links are made available:

American Eagle
Interactive Map: Bald Eagle Populations Over the Years: Breeding Pairs in 1990
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes ... 1990/4319/

And, the following:

American Eagle
Video: Sibling Rivalry
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes ... alry/4252/

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM EST  

Hi californiakayaker, Grin

Thanks so much for the info and the links! Have not watched the "sibling" link yet (call me chicken) but I will do so some bright sunny day. Too tired tonight and it's raining again. I would most likely just end up crying if I tried to watch tonigh. Boo-hoo :cry1:

As you probably already know, the Decorah, Iowa, nest was featured in "American Eagle", 2007-08. Discussion link: Decorah

Hope you don't mind that I put the "r" at the end of your name in my greeting. Did you change your name or was there not enough space on the new forum to fit it all in? Whistling With or without your last "r", Liberty and Patriot need you. :dry:

By: Anonymous: californiakayaker () on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM EST  
Anonymous: californiakayaker

Well, so far its good. Putting the entire index above the typing box is a glitch your programing team can fix, I hope. I've never done a program, just a few web pages, so wouldn't know how thats done, and I'm sure its different with each forum program. What is the name of the software for this one ?

I think the smiley's to the left make it more interesting form the younger set, and we want as many school children as possible seeing the forum posts, although I don't know if they are allowed to be members. EW is a teacher and we really want their participation if possible, maybe a parental agreement so they won't have to lie about their age (like they DO on facebook, just look at the pictures and compare to the ages !

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 03:47 AM EST  

I'm just a tad groggy today due to lack of sleep but did manage to get a video. This is a rather long vid, more bonding: Evening Duet

5:21 p.m.,
Liberty has been on the Victory branch (Hi Kids!) grooming herself. She seems to anticipate the arrival of Patriot who makes a grand fly-in 4 minutes later.
Click on image to download

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM EST  
JudyB

Quote by: californiakayaker

Well, so far its good. Putting the entire index above the typing box is a glitch your programing team can fix, I hope. I've never done a program, just a few web pages, so wouldn't know how thats done, and I'm sure its different with each forum program. What is the name of the software for this one ?

I think the smiley's to the left make it more interesting form the younger set, and we want as many school children as possible seeing the forum posts, although I don't know if they are allowed to be members. EW is a teacher and we really want their participation if possible, maybe a parental agreement so they won't have to lie about their age (like they DO on facebook, just look at the pictures and compare to the ages !

Richard says that we occasionally see the site index after we click a link because the server is a bit slow in opening some part of the page we should be seeing. Not sure how/if it can be fixed, but Richard knows about it and I'm sure he's trying to get the various parts more synchronized.

The software we're using is glFusion (http://www.glFusion.org); it's an offshoot of Geek Log, which is what much of the non-forum part of the website was in originally. glFusion now has a reasonably robust forum plugin, which is allowing us to consolidate everything to one integrated website with a combined registration/log-in.

And to get the discussion back on track - I hadn't realized these eagles were so far ahead of the IWS nests on the islands off southern California. I just looked back, and they had their first egg February 6 last year - and that's not far off! love

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank YouCAL04 for the great video from last evening!!! Oh did that make me wish that I was down there videotaping with all of that vocalizing that they were doing!lovelovelove I can't wait until we have sound on this camera!!! And, we finally had a break in the rainy weather, too, between about 4:00-6:00 pm.!!!

I'm so glad that you know how to take videos, too, we have all been missing Skipper so much, and you are helping to fill that void for us~kudos to you for all your hard work!!!

Couple more questions on the new site...
Do I have to login each time I come here? Can it remember me so I don't have to do that each time? And, once I login, is there a faster way to get to this forum? It is taking me quite a while just to get started posting compared to the old site?
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, January 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Thank You JudyB I finally figured out how to post a scap and not just a link with your help!!!
And yes, we are getting close to eggs~yippee! Which means that if they lay them fairly close to 2/6, they will need to have a successful copulation within 5-10 days of that date. So, sometime between this Wednesday 1/27 and 2/6 or so, we may see that happening!lovelovelove
Here's a few more from yesterday...I'd never seen Liberty land in this particular spot in the 2nd scap, right under the camera!
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 10:51 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate