Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 HEGPS Hornby Island - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi nightowl and gemini2kds! I looked a couple of minutes ago and was able to see the cam, but am now seeing that it's off air, though chat is still working.

Do you have a PC or a Mac, gemini2kds? And which browser are you using? It's possible that you may need to change some settings, though I'm not sure what. If you have more than one browser installed on your computer, have you tried the other one? Are you able to see regular UStream Chat?

The cam is still offline, so I'll check back in a while. Good luck!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM EDT  
gemini2kd

well night owl I did pm a hegps member to find out why I cant see hegps chat page now have to wait for an answer .. I guess if I cant get back on I'll live not a big deal as for hornby chat on ustream they dont have enough mods.I probley would have cried if they had both of Dougs old cams running and the new one I'll enjoy white rock and look for any updates from Doug.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: GG (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM EDT  
GG

Gemini, is it the chat you can't see or just the cam? I know there are still some compatibility issues they are trying to work out so it's good you notified them. I hope that they can fix it so you can watch. If you need to get in contact with anyone let me know if I can help in any way. It's so nice to have a fresh start and I think everyone, including HEG, is looking at this as the dawn of a new day. There is something about the sounds of Hornby that just soothes the soul. Hopefully those that left last year will give it a try again, but if not, we're all here with reports, and hopefully there will continue to be updates from Doug on his thread here! : )

P.S. This morning I was able to witness the "first" sunrise on the new cam. It was a really special moment, and it really felt like 'home'.

Image copyright HEGPS

Click on image to download

click bigger

Image copyright HEGPS

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM EDT  
gemini2kd

GG it could a compatable issue im a pc user vista and use adobe flash player and I also have mozilla firefox I cannot get either chat or picture awhile back I checked on chat to see who was still there chatting and I could see but now I cant also I cannot see all the photos on forum none of decorah but I can see guys photos from Haida Gwaii but not from white rock.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 05:16 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Hi everyone. i just tuned in..cam is working and so is the chat.. i am hearing a chain saw and buzzing on the cam as well
2:14pm
I have to run ..BBL

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

:hello: Nightowl, JudyB, GG, gemini2kd, and Bev!

Quote by: nightowl

I have a question :question: Is anyone else having the broadcast interrupted by a full page ad lasting 30 seconds or so? It just may be certain areas the advertisers are targeting...and it isn't the first time either. Mad

I have had that happen a few times Nightowl. Usually the ads are brief and only cover the cam space, not whole page.

Bev, I too hear the chain saw in the backround! Now and then I hear a generator. This morning I could hear geese flying overhead, and a woodpecker. Wonderful and familiar sounds!

Gemini2kd, sorry that you are having trouble loading the cam page. Yesterday when the cam was started up, I heard many had the same problem. The HEG folks were saying to keep refreshing the page. That is what I had to do, and I made sure I had no other programs running. Please let us know if any of these things help.! I wish I were more helpful!!!

The cam is up and running, scanning the island

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: beans (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM EDT  
beans

I suggest you watch the Hornby cam on FireFox and install AdBlock Plus. I also installed a filter called EasyList. The ads should go away, both the small ones and the introductory ad you get when you go to Ustream. You may have to play with this for a while to make AdBlock Plus work correctly. There may be instructions in Technical help in this forum. Smile

Warning: If you install AdBlock Plus, you probably need to disable it on streaming video from Wild Earth in order to see those cams. This includes Hancock nests.

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Saturday, April 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

waveGood evening Hornby friends!!

Thank you Beans for the information!! Hopefully it will help people like myself who haven't yet mastered all this tech stuff.. Titter I know that the ads help pay for cams, so it is a give and take situation.

Very quiet on the island. If you look very closely at this scap in the top middle/right, there is a vessel, possibly a barge.

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:11 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate