Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 HEGPS Hornby Island - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: jbkgrants (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

waveNightowl, islandgal, JudyB, Bev, and Beans! Thank you so much Beans for sharing the video links! I think what I am experiencing is called "rapid assimilation", whereby you are taking in a lot of new information and trying to make sense out of it. Don't Panic Whoa Nellie!

If I am not mistaken, and no harm done if someone corrects me, the "runway" is between the two stumps straight out/veer right of the thick stump? (Mind you that is not a "stump" on the left, it is beams for the former WA cam) The thick stump is the one that made for the Golden stump at sunset. I do not believe we will be able to see the Peter's tree? Of course, I may be all turned around. Titter

The sounds, well they "sound" very familiar. Seeing Ma and Pa fly in and out captures my attention so much, I forget to take a scap! What beautiful wingspans!!
Click on image to download

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: beans (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM EDT  
beans

I have to admit that I am turned around, too. The only two trees I can 100% identify are the nest tree and the babysitting tree. Two people in our ONZ forum live on Hornby Island, and they will help identify the places the cam sees. I have asked for screenshots, so I can see what's what. We all knew with the old cam, because there was just one view, so taking one screenshot and identifying the trees was quick. Well, these identifications aren't going to happen today. Everyone who worked on this is tired. The zoomies who handle the cam are doing a good time. But they should park the cam and take a nap! sleepy

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

2:40 pm

Beans, Nightowl, Jill, Bev, Island Gal, Judy B. everyone else and the Hornby Eagle Group - thanks!

This looks so very different than anticipated - mind's eye is not quite right, eh? To see the nest from this perspective is enlightening. Also to see all the views around is even more enlightening and I agree that I am turned around, and around. I can imagine everyone who worked on this project is exhausted and my only major words are "Thank You"......to see Hornby Eagles again is such a joy.

I guess in a few days this will become more understandable so this ride will be enjoyable.
carolyn

Beans, the videos are great - I love the fly in and out on a windy day - the nest looks like it is right by the water.
This is Wonderful.

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM EDT  
nightowl

Good afternoon! :hello:

I worked my fingers to the bone to hurry and get back here!

Thanks beans for the videos! Grin I haven't watched them yet...my eyes are glued to the cam, trying to figure things out. I'm thinking there's a possibility we might be able to see the Peters' tree...but I'm totally confuzzled right now. Yep, the only 2 trees I can identify is the nest tree and the babysitting tree. Wonder if we can see Big Rock?

Anyway, I watched a fly out in amazement...and ya know my s'cappin' finger wasn't ready. Roll eyes BUT I was ready for the fly in!

254PM...

Click on image to download

I don't have a clue which one this is though. :dunno:

ETA...

From this view, the Peters' tree is to the right and forward, towards the water. Heck, they may have panned by it, but I've never seen it up close and full length.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: beans (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM EDT  
beans

and of course, Nightowl, the first screenshot you post is a winner!

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM EDT  
nightowl

Thanks beans! Grin

When they flew out, I knew someone had to fly back in...so I got a cramp in my s'capin' finger waiting for the fly in. Green LOL

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Litz (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM EDT  
Litz

Hi everyone,
It so good to be back here.....thanks beans of the videos.
I too am turned around, but that's ok....in a few days maybe just hours it will be like old home week.

It a good day at Hornby...

Thanks to all who made this possible....looking forward to an entertaining season.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, April 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM EDT  
nightowl

While the cam is off the air, I took that opportunity to watch your videos, beans. Sunrise was always spectacular from the old cam, but it's really pretty looking at it now! Nodding yes Thanks!

At this point, it's not clear why the cam is down. Hope it comes back before I have to go back for round 2 at work. fingers crossed

ETA...

Hey Litz! :hello: Welcome back!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:11 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate