Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Davenport, Iowa--Bald Eagle Cam - 2012
 |  Printable Version
By: MaryF (offline) on Thursday, August 09 2012 @ 06:32 PM EDT  
MaryF

Not very good news today from Alcoa--at least the eagles are not there as far as we know. Roll eyes

Thursday, Aug. 09 2012

More Delays
Sorry for the continued delays. We have had some intermittent power issues that are keeping us from getting the camera up and running. I'm not sure how soon our electricians will have that corrected. When I know something more I will provide another update.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, August 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM EDT  
MaryF

Good morning Davenport!!-----:hello:

Calling on all our talented Screen Cappers Help emo

Do you have a favorite screen capture of our very own Ma & Pa's? Wub

Ma & Pa Delta2
Ma & Pa Lafarge
Ma & Pa White Rock

Click on image to download

If you do.... and would like to share it with us please send it to my email -- debs571@hotmail.com -- no later than noon Sunday - August 26, 2012

Pick your best screen capture as my email only has so much room.

When submitting your screen capture please include the following information:

Your screen name and contact information
In the subject line of your email state that its for the "HWF Screen Capture Contest" so that your email does not go into the junk or spam folder
When your capture was taken and at what Hancock Wildlife Nest (although we will likely be able to tell please include this information)
Images must be JPEG saved and no larger than 500 pixels
The screen capture must be "raw" without any enhancements; text or animations
The nest must be part of the capture

We would also like some screen captures that include some of our famous HWF kids or bobbleheads with or without the parents in the screen capture
and preferably taken when the chicks were just a few days old.

This Screen Capture Contest is for screen captures only no professional pictures this time around.

Although we would love to promote everyone's favorite screen capture ... as they are all "keepers" we can only select a few from this contest, which will then be used in an upcoming promotion so good luck to you all.

We will keep all screen captures on file for future HWF promotions so you never know when your favorite capture may be used in the future.

Thanks for participating and we look forward to seeing your beautiful screen captures!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM EDT  
MaryF

Still no cam here but there is another update from Alcoa----

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Maybe this week
I am hopeful we will get the camera back online in the next week. The new camera stopped working shortly after it was installed. We have to get the extra tall lift back so we can go up and diagnose the problem. I am hoping it will be a quick fix once they are up there.

In the meantime, I can tell you there is not much to see this time of the summer. While Liberty and Justice generally stay around, they rarely stop by the nest from mid-August through September.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Wednesday, September 05 2012 @ 01:58 PM EDT  
MaryF

They certainly are having a hard time getting this camera going....it's a good thing this is the off season. Now there seems to be an additional problem to be fixed!

From Alcoa----

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Video Update
We are still waiting for the lift to get back so we can go up and make the fix. It looks like the cable from the camera to the ground was also damaged in the lightning strike earlier this summer. Hopefully we will get this done this week or early next week. I am also hoping we will have a couple of t-shirts and other items available for order by about that same time.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM EDT  
MaryF

It's nice to know that Liberty and Justice are still in the area!

Alcoa update----

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Liberty & Justice
I was at the nest site for a short time yesterday and did see both Liberty and Justice in the area while I was there. They were not in the nest, but they were nearby. It looks like we will not have the tall lift back to us until at least September 20th. Hopefully by early in the week of the 24th we will be back online.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, September 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM EDT  
MaryF

A short update from Alcoa---Not exactly what I was hoping to hear. One the other hand---HOORAY for a group of very young Texas school kids!!! Clapping Very Happy Clapping

Friday, September 21, 2012

Thanks to Oilton Elementary School
A big thanks to the student's in Mrs. Vasquez's Kindergarten class in Oilton, Texas. The students there followed the activity in the nest here in Iowa and actually published a book of their writings and drawings. I received a copy of the book this week. Below is a picture of the cover.

Click on image to download

We hope to have the camera back online next week. Our crew has been working on it the last couple of days

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:47 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate