Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Thursday, November 03 2011 @ 12:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

wow eaglewoman ! really nice !

By: Renae (offline) on Thursday, November 03 2011 @ 01:04 PM EDT  
Renae

Eaglewoman . . .I've yet to get down there to find that Bluff Branch!

However, I did get a new camera that I'm just trying out so far. I may not keep it. It's the Nikon P500 with 36X zoom. I think I've gotten very spoiled with my DSLR and am not sure I like the 'waiting' time between being able to snap pictures and a couple of other things. I haven't been able to get out and experiment with it much so I'm hanging on to it for now. I have 90 days. javascript:emoticon('Chin'Wink

Your pictures make me want to keep it though! SUPER NICE SHOTS!! javascript:emoticon('Very Happy'Wink

Renae

Forum

Profile     PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, November 04 2011 @ 07:54 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

We just keep missing eachother down there Renae! I actually just got my first SLR camera, but am still getting closer with my Canon Powershot!
I found both P & L on Bluff Branch this morning, looking beautiful as ever!
Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, November 04 2011 @ 11:39 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

sigh sign Well gang, it with a heavy heart that I share with you some disappointing news for our loyal Patriot & Liberty eaglecam viewers...

My hubby and I confirmed tonite that Patriot & Liberty have indeed built themselves a new nest. It is a tree over from the original nest, and it looks good and sturdy so far! Unfortunately, we will not have an eaglecam above this nest for the current nesting season. Hopefully TB will agree to move the eaglecam before next season and we will be back in business!

Meanwhile, I will continue to post my pics and videos to keep everyone up to date on the latest happenings with our beloved pair. I hope that everyone will continue to check in on this forum, and please post any info, questions, pics or videos that you may have as well.(hint, hint Renae!)

Here are a few pics I took tonite of lovely Liberty in her brand new nest...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Renae (offline) on Saturday, November 05 2011 @ 12:17 AM EDT  
Renae

:cry1: Eaglewoman, I almost cried when I started reading your post. I thought something had happened to one of the eagles!! So, when I read the rest of it, I was relieved! I was just down there today from 1 to 2pm. I was on foot, so I wasn't moving very fast, but I walked all the way along 44 to the nest. Took pics of the nest with my new 36 zoom. I must say, I thought the nest looked quite abandoned and disheveled. I then walked the whole trail back to Turtle Bay stopping at all the possible places they might be, to no avail. Sad

It is disappointing that we won't be able to watch our eagles this year . . . but, that's the way it goes.

I was wondering if you could explain to me again where the "Bluff Branch" is. I walked all the way down the 'ramp' to the edge of the river and wondered if the trails that lead into the trees were where you told me to go. I couldn't find the post where you explained where it was. . . so sorry!!

Also, can you tell me the best place to view the new nest? It looks like you got some good shots so it must not be too out of the way.

What SLR did you get? I know the Nikon point and shoot will get me closer, but not sure if it's $400 worth of closer. Know what I mean?

Thanks again for all you do and I'll do my best to help!
Renae

Forum

Profile     PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, November 05 2011 @ 12:09 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

I'm so sorry Renae, I didn't mean to scare you like that! I'm just saddened to not be able to watch all of the goings on in the nest with my students this year. We have learned so much together from watching Patriot & Liberty up close and personal. And, I know there are many other Teachers and students who will be disappointed to hear the news...

But, at least our beloved pair has chosen to stay in the Turtle Bay area, where we will continue to watch and learn from them from down below...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: californiakayaker () on Monday, November 07 2011 @ 01:47 PM EST  
Anonymous: californiakayaker

Hi everybody, glad to be back. I'm on a smart phone way out in southwest Shasta county. The photos really look good and I can't wait to see more. I especially like the red bluff photos. I'm wondering just how many eagle pairs are here in our Shasta cascade counties? There are agencies which count them, and we need to communicate with them. Also, it would be nice if this latest thread was available for the folks of Shasta, via the searchlight. Hancockwildlife has always wanted to help!

[edited by JudyB to make the picture visible]
thanks Judy, I guess I tried to overcomplicate it. also, the native browser hasn't let me see the picture,but opera does. I'll probably switch to Firefox.

By: Anonymous: californiakayaker () on Monday, November 07 2011 @ 01:58 PM EST  
Anonymous: californiakayaker

The attachment is a Nikon d3000 with a special attachment for my scope. It gives me about 1/4 the area on photos compared to my 200 MM lens, another words., closer, more magnified. I took some daylight photos, and I needed an exposure of a 500th for a good photo.

All times are EST. The time is now 05:42 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate