https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Blackwater Refuge, MD - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Lonette (offline) on Saturday, July 09 2011 @ 12:44 PM EDT  
Lonette

It's Saturday, 7/9. 12;43 p.m. nest time. I've been watching on and off this morning . . . no sightings. I do believe our babies are out in the world.

“Our power of perseverance is as that of an eagle. We soar above our challengers.” Ellen J. Barrier

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Sunday, July 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM EDT  
Lonette

Good morning, BW, The last time I saw any of our fledglings was Monday, July 4th.

“Our power of perseverance is as that of an eagle. We soar above our challengers.” Ellen J. Barrier

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Monday, July 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM EDT  
Lonette

No sightings yesterday (Sunday). I'm really surprised the cam is still up. It makes we wonder if I'm just missing seeing them. Hmmmmmm. BW was going to turn the cam off in June, but didn't. Maybe a visit today?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, July 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM EDT  
JudyB

Good morning, Lonette! I'll try to keep an eye on the nest today as well.

Cam is 20 weeks old today and little Clip is 19-1/2 weeks - so they may well have wandered off to explore the rest of the world. The cam had issues last year, so I looked back to 2009 and the last reported visit was June 28, and in 2008 it was July 1. (I didn't track "last seen" before that).

That does make me wonder if there is some sort of change in the weather or the winds or something around the end of June/beginning of July. They're older this year because they hatched earlier than in the past - but are perhaps leaving on their travels at the same time of year rather than at the same age as previous years - the sort of "factoid" I find interesting.

Do you have a record of when all 3 were last seen together? And/or when each of them last visited, as I know you're pretty good at telling them apart, if they stay for more than a refresh or two? Thanks!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Monday, July 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM EDT  
Lonette

Hi JudyB. I was keeping track for a while, but I can go back through my posts and see what I can find. I know Clip was our last one I've seen on the nest, so I'll do a bit of research.

ETA:
If I'm correct:

CC last seen June 28th
Cam last seen June 30th
Clip last seen July 4

I've updated the first post in this thread.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Tuesday, July 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM EDT  
Lonette

It's Tuesday, July 12th.

Fledgling last seen July 4th.
Parent last seen July 6th.

These are the last time I saw any activity on the nest. I don't know if the folks at BW have seen anything.

I'm going to stop watching the cam now. It's been over a week without the fledglings.

SOAR HIGH AND FREE OUR CC, CAM AND CLIP! BE SAFE!!! AND TO MOM AND DAD BLACKWATER, I'LL SEE YOU IN THE FALL! THANKS AGAIN FOR RAISING YOUR BEAUTIFUL BABIES! AND TO BLACKWATER REFUGE: THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

I'll see you all in November!!!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, July 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM EDT  
MaryF

Thank YouThank you, Lonette for doing such a wonderful job covering this nest!! You know it's one of my favorites that I have been watching for years. I didn't desert you...just had no internet up here in Michigan til now. I know we will miss CC, Cam, and Clip ( our little man) a lot but we have next season to look forward to...I wonder what kind of sibling bobbleheads we will see? love

I wish our babies a safe journey on their road to becoming beautiful adult bald eagles!! God speed to them all!!! Wub

I wonder as well why the cam is still on. Puzzled

THANK YOU BLACKWATER!!!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: Lonette (offline) on Thursday, September 01 2011 @ 02:43 PM EDT  
Lonette

WubAwwwwww - a trip down memory lane!! CAN'T WAIT 'TIL NOVEMBER and then in the Spring . . . .Egg hatch:
Click on image to download

Please join us for the 2012 nesting season.

2012 Blackwater Refuge Eagle Cam Thread

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:09 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate