Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 CalTrans, Turtle Bay, CA - 2011 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: itsgrama (offline) on Tuesday, December 07 2010 @ 08:28 PM EST  
itsgrama

Nice pix from the wide angle cam. Why can't I get it to come up on my computer? anyone have any ideas?

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Eagle Eye () on Wednesday, December 08 2010 @ 12:25 AM EST  
Anonymous: Eagle Eye

That treetop Liberty is standing on looks a little precarious. Phew Nice capture from the webcam.
I saw five matures and an immature up the hill from Redding today. LOL

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, December 08 2010 @ 12:59 PM EST  
eaglewoman

:blink: Precarious is right Eagle Eye! I saw her sitting up on top of the Christmas Tree again this morning around 7:20 a.m. in the pouring rain, no less?!?

Speaking of rain, we are in for more of the wet stuff these next 3 days, but the weekend forecast looks sunny and warm, highs in the 60's!!! Doesn't that sound like a welcome reprieve?!?

Where did you see all those eagles by the way?

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Wednesday, December 08 2010 @ 08:09 PM EST  
itsgrama

OK, what's the trick to be able to view the eagle cam? I have been trying for the last 3 days to view it and only get the blank box with the notice that they are working on the cam and the play button does not start the cam. I have quicktime and flash player and windows media player. What am I doing wrong? Can someone give me the path to get the cam to work? Please help...I'm missing valuable viewing time.Don't Panic

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, December 08 2010 @ 08:21 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Cry Hanky I'm sorry to hear that itsgrama.

My son is our computer guy, he was wondering what kind of computer you have? Which internet you are using, internet explorer or firefox? And, are you on dial up, DSL, or wireless? He will try to help you troubleshoot your issues. I couldn't get it to play today, either?

If it makes you feel any better, I have only seen the eagles on the eaglecam once since 12/1, and that was yesterday when I took that scap!Smile So, you haven't missed anything yet, but soon enough you will want that working full time!!!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: itsgrama (offline) on Wednesday, December 08 2010 @ 09:11 PM EST  
itsgrama

Thanks, Eaglewoman, I am using my toshiba laptop using firefox and I am using my wireless network off of my dsl computer. I have quicktime and flash player and windows media player, real player. I got the feed a couple of times but the last 3 days has been nothing. I will turn on my other computer and see what I get there. Last night I wasn't able to view the cam on my other computer either.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Thursday, December 09 2010 @ 12:21 AM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Hi Ladies,

itsgrama, Were you able to see the message posted on the TB site:

"We are currently testing the web cam equipment. Visitors may experience intermittent down-time (a white video box that will not play). Thank you for your patience!
"

Hopefully tomorrow we'll have the cam back....? Know the cam being down is disappointing but at least we're still very early in the season. This would be the best time to work out the bugs in the equipment.

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, December 09 2010 @ 12:40 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Thanks CAL04 for posting that message from the TB site.
But, don't get fooled by that message, you should still try to hit that "play"arrow even when it says that. I think they put that up because they are expecting intermittent problems for a while. But, the first time I saw it, I didn't even try to bring up the eaglecam, and then found out it was indeed working that day.:p

itsgrama~I'll pass that info on to eagleboy for you!Left thumb up

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 04:40 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate