Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 West End & Two Harbors 2011 - Santa Catalina Is, CA
 |  Printable Version
By: Darlene (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM EDT  
Darlene

Thanks for the ead's up JudyB. I checked on Wednesday evening for Steffani's update and was so excited about the Santa Cruz update and forgot to go back and see if Steffani's update was there. I was quite upset last week to see the pictures of Pimu. I am glad to hear she is improving.

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM EDT  
JudyB

There's a video of Pimu that I haven't watched included as part of the update, and those who commented on it mentioned that she does still have some challenges ahead. But she is eating well, and taking baths (they say she likes her baths!), and they've built a temporary ramp-like perch to help her get up higher, and she's working on that, though it requires balance she doesn't quite have before she'll be able to get to the highest parts.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Debs (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM EDT  
Debs

K12 Red Heart ....we are so happy to hear your first big adventure brought you all the way to my neck of the woods Very Happy So happy to hear you are doing well hope you like it here and maybe you will decide to say....woo hoo! Best news ...ever definitely made my day.....yep yep yep!

Click on image to download

Judyb :hello: thanks for bringing the news here; I just read the update at CHIL as I always do and was delighted with the news about K12. With 50 percent fatality rate this was certainly great news about K12.

Darlene :hello: Pimu Red Heart is a strong warrior and she will be better than ever after this yep yep yep.

May you enjoy all of the simple "pleasures or gifts" that surround you.
Let your spirit soar!

To light a Candle for a loved one or friend right click on the link that follows and copy to your browser
http://light-candle.com/collections/view/33353/success

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM EDT  
Debs

I have some more snappies of K18....taken on October 11 2011.....

October 11 2011 K18 Red Heart

Adult visits the nest and we can hear K18 cheeping and peeping in the area so likely she is perched just on the otter deck of the nest...out of our view.

Let your spirit soar!

To light a Candle for a loved one or friend right click on the link that follows and copy to your browser

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM EDT  
Debs

October 14 2011

Early this morning.....K18 was in the nest again. She is sure does not want to leave home Titter ...but as long as she is flying and eating all must be well ...she is just a Momma or Daddy's girl Wub

Here is a snappy of A64 Spirit (M) Wub Born 2008...he was one of the juvies that was attacked in the PH nest by a sub adult in May 2008 and rescued by the IWS crew and successfully fledged on July 1 2008. Our fantastic IWS crew captured this picture this past week Clapping and I find it interesting that A64 at 3.5 years old already has the white head and white tail feathers....interesting to see ...I expected to see the dirty head look not the white head at this age. Really shows us that the color change from sub adult to adult appearance can happen much sooner.

Thanks to our great IWS crew hug for capturing this photo of A64 Wub Spirit he looks fantastic, healthy and strong Very Happy and I am so glad he is back on the island!!
Mom K26 and Dad K10 must be very proud Red Heart

Let your spirit soar!

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM EDT  
Darlene

Thanks for the pic of Spirit Debs, isn't he so absolutely beautiful? That picture brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how adult looking he is already! I was watching the day they were attacked, it was right after everyone left after celebrating my daughters and granddaughter's birthdays. It was the day of my daughters birthday so I will never forget the date or how I was so grateful for the incredible eagle 911 team that took care of them that day and how fast they got to them.

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, October 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM EDT  
Debs

K18 Wub has not been seen at the WE nest for a few days now Whistling ......so I think it is safe to assume that our girl K18 Wub has finally made her final departure from the nest!

K18 Solitare Red Heart we wish you a long and happy life hug

K18 soar high...soar free Lil one Wub may you always have fair skies and a full belly hug!
We will miss you......

Beautiful K18 Red Heart

Darlene :hello: Thanks. I remember that day too....vividly :cry1: and how thankful we were that it all worked out so well in the end Very Happy thank goodness for live cams!!!

Let your spirit soar!

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Thursday, November 03 2011 @ 06:21 AM EDT  
JudyB

Thanks for bringing the picture of A64 Spirit here, Debs - he is turning into a handsome young eagle. And I am reminded that his mother K26 was only four years old her first nesting season, and her mate K10 was just five - although their first chick A49 Cruz is now 5-1/2 and hasn't nested yet, though she is spending a lot of time on the islands, and may be ready for next season.

Now that K18 has headed off to explore new horizons, I'm going to lock this thread.

The 2012 thread for the Two Harbors and West End nests is forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=270263.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate