https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Lafarge Eagle Nest Archives
 Lafarge Fledge Fest
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: littledevils () on Wednesday, July 14 2010 @ 03:35 AM EDT  
Anonymous: littledevils

Cambridge Park is the better of the two parks there IMO, the eagles are also better visible from there. Oxford Park can be tad dirty as there's some dumpsters where the trash doesn't seem to make it in and drug addicts hang out.

Cambridge Park has been used for community events e.g from the community garden. Only catch is that it's also somewhat of a neighborhood dog hang out... Great if you love dogs... not so great if you hate them ;-) Most dog owners around here are very responsible

There are several take out restaurants within a block, nothing fancy though, mostly fast food (coffee, pizza, McDonalds, Subway, Pepper Roast). There's only very limited seating in either of the parks so best bring a blanket and sit on the ground or stand.

But these parks are small so really all it takes is a minute to get from one to the other, the whole neighborhood is very walkable... And because a lot of people walk, people actually watch the eagles and we chitchat about them or other stuff... Yes, it is East Van which has a bit of a bad reputation but personally I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. This neighborhood is crazy about animals, domestic or wild... The eagles are admired by a lot of people around here, that's for sure!

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Wednesday, July 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: littledevils

Cambridge Park is the better of the two parks there IMO, the eagles are also better visible from there. Oxford Park can be tad dirty as there's some dumpsters where the trash doesn't seem to make it in and drug addicts hang out.

Cambridge Park has been used for community events e.g from the community garden. Only catch is that it's also somewhat of a neighborhood dog hang out... Great if you love dogs... not so great if you hate them ;-) Most dog owners around here are very responsible

There are several take out restaurants within a block, nothing fancy though, mostly fast food (coffee, pizza, McDonalds, Subway, Pepper Roast). There's only very limited seating in either of the parks so best bring a blanket and sit on the ground or stand.

But these parks are small so really all it takes is a minute to get from one to the other, the whole neighborhood is very walkable... And because a lot of people walk, people actually watch the eagles and we chitchat about them or other stuff... Yes, it is East Van which has a bit of a bad reputation but personally I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. This neighborhood is crazy about animals, domestic or wild... The eagles are admired by a lot of people around here, that's for sure!

Thanks for the information. I am more determined than ever to find a chance to get there sometime soon. I have no qualms about 'East Van' whatsoever!! There are far more good people in the world than the bad ones, and the bad ones can be anywhere you go these days.

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Friday, September 24 2010 @ 02:12 PM EDT  
Pat B

Unless anyone has really STRONG objection - I propose to delete this thread tomorrow - Saturday!
I don't think there is anything here that needs to go to the Archives! Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate