The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Port Moody, BC ~ Pacific Coast Terminals ~ Bald Eagle Nest
 Discussion, Observation, Screenshots & Videos -- Port Moody PCT Bald Eagle Nest.
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 03:19 AM EST  
JudyB

Thanks so much for bringing the pictures here from the archives, Dawn! And wonderful news that the second camera has decided to start working again - perhaps it was just hibernating through the worst of the winter! We have heard that the eagles sometimes perch near the nest, so perhaps the second view will pick them up occasionally.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: gemini (offline) on Tuesday, March 01 2011 @ 08:20 PM EST  
gemini

Hi everyone,

David's latest report is posted on the HOME page of the main website HERE

Also for those who are interested, this just in from Karenb:

"David's interview that he did at Pat Bay yesterday afternoon will be on the 6 o'clock news on CHEK6 in Victoria. That station usually repeats their evening newscasts the next morning. So if someone misses it tonight, they should be able to catch it in the a.m."

Forum

North Vancouver, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, March 07 2011 @ 09:49 PM EST  
JudyB

I was just checking the high resolution pic archive for this nest to see if there were any pics to go with sawrat's great pics in the Ground Observer thread - and discovered that there was a visit to the nest tree yesterday.

These are from March 6 - and click to much, much bigger. (I'm still not sure how the member-only archive works - if you can't see the pics, you may need to log in.) The eagle was there from about 4:15 to 4:35 pm

I love the expression in the second pic once I clicked twice to full size!

And I'll try to check tomorrow to see if we can get some pics of the eagle in the nest to go with the ones sawrat got from the ground. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 01:03 AM EST  
MaryF

JudyB..those high resolution pics are wonderful...as is the look on the eagle's face!!! Smile You can see in those pics that they are really urban eagles!

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 10:31 PM EST  
JudyB

I only found one picture from yesterday on the WA cam - as before, click for a much larger version.

It was from around 8:35 am, so would match the visit sawrat reported yesterday.

And there was only one pic on the overhead cam as well - I'd say sawrat is either very lucky - or really knows his eagles! Being there during the one five-minute period that they visited is an excellent trick if you can pull it off! Smile This one also clicks to huge.

Thanks again, sawrat, for letting us know about this visit!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: sawrat () on Tuesday, March 08 2011 @ 11:33 PM EST  
Anonymous: sawrat

I am very lucky and have an inside track. I have a nice perch which depending on what I am doing gives me complete 40' high unobstructed view of the Cam nest when I am working out that way rather than inside the building

Cheers

By: Anonymous: syrinx () on Monday, March 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM EDT  
Anonymous: syrinx

Has anyone seen recent activity in the new nest? We drive down to Rocky Point once in a while and I have seen one of the eagles out there along the shoreline, but closer to the old nest rather than the new one. I am wondering if I am being too optomistic to think that perhas they would prefer to be in their old home?fingers crossed

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, April 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM EDT  
sassyk

KarenB has asked me to post this announcement:

David and Karen are meeting CBC today at O.W.L. and they are all going to the Delta 2 nest. The interview will feature the Delta eagles. The story will probably be on tonight's news, unless it is pre-empted by the political leaders' debate. If it isn't on the dinner time news, it should be on the late news. KarenB said they got a call from CBC French version and they also would like a story.

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:37 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate