The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Port Moody, BC ~ Pacific Coast Terminals ~ Bald Eagle Nest
 Discussion, Observation, Screenshots & Videos -- Port Moody PCT Bald Eagle Nest.
 |  Printable Version
By: Debs (offline) on Saturday, January 08 2011 @ 03:05 PM EST  
Debs

Judyb :hello: So glad to see your scaps and happy that this cam is up and running again...Clapping Left thumb up The date stamp is awesome too!

May you enjoy all of the simple "pleasures or gifts" that surround you.
Let your spirit soar!

To light a Candle for a loved one or friend right click on the link that follows and copy to your browser
http://light-candle.com/collections/view/33353/success

Forum

North Pole

Profile Email   PM

By: urban Eagle (offline) on Wednesday, January 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM EST  
urban Eagle

Hello freinds of this nest, I was watching the cam at 11:10 caught one flying past the cam and landed on there branch west of the nest.
Still no Eagles in the nest yet (but I can feel it in my bones) To bad the other cam is down ,could possible see them on the branch.

P.S still looking for instuctions on how to screen cap ( was shown once but ...)

LarrySitting eagle

May the Sun be at your back,and an Eagle in front of your lens.
Forum

Mission

Profile Email   PM

By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, January 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: urban Eagle

Hello freinds of this nest, I was watching the cam at 11:10 caught one flying past the cam and landed on there branch west of the nest.
Still no Eagles in the nest yet (but I can feel it in my bones) To bad the other cam is down ,could possible see them on the branch.

P.S still looking for instuctions on how to screen cap ( was shown once but ...)

LarrySitting eagle

Check your PMs, Larry!

And you will find lots of info at the link in my signature Grin

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Daybreak (offline) on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM EST  
Daybreak

Monday January 24th
At first glance of this nest this morning I was thinking frost or paint or garbage Puzzled:
Zoomed in and it almost looks like feathers?
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile     PM

By: beans (offline) on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM EST  
beans

I was just looking at that cam and wondering about the nest--

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM EST  
JudyB

Hmm - that does look suspicious, Dawn and beans! I was watching the cam for quite a while in hopes of seeing something other than squirrels - but realized we're not getting lots of s'caps of White Rock or Sidney these days, and they do have eagle visits, so I'm watching White Rock today.

Maybe tomorrow I'll spend a bit of time watching Port Moody - it's a nice cam, and I'd love to see an eagle there, though it really does sound as if they're happily finishing up their new nest.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Daybreak (offline) on Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM EST  
Daybreak

Hi Judy, it sure does appear they are not going to use this nest.Trying to be optimistic here thinking they still have a good month left and between the two of them wouldn't take that long to whip this one into shape.
One of the eagles perched in the tree this morning for a while unfortunately didn't drop into the nest.
I was a little slow with the trigger finger but captured the fly out, heading north.
The time stamp was and still is 10 mins off.
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: sawrat () on Monday, January 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM EST  
Anonymous: sawrat

From my "ground" observations the best time to be monitoring the cam to catch a glimpse of the eagles stopping by would be from 7:45 am PST and 8:45 am PST and usually around 1 pm PST to 3 pm PST.

I was watching the nest this morning from my vantage point at an upper area of the building and at 8 am notiiced both eagles heading to the nest then about 100 yards before they got there 1 of them did a U turn and flew north easterly. Why it would suddenly do the about face is beyond me as there was nothing out of the ordinary around the nest or in the area. The one did land on it's usual branch for an hour or before it left as well. I will add a picture to the ground observation forum later when I get home

Cheers

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate