The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Practice Area
 Practice Thread 2
 |  Printable Version
By: Pat B (offline) on Thursday, January 07 2010 @ 06:30 PM EST  
Pat B

Quote by: jkr

Velma, if you get a PM it will appear on the upper left of the forum next to Welcome to Hancock Wildlife Foundation, Velma Flann
It doesn't give you a pop-up like the old forum does which is a bit of a nuisance because getting a new message isn't noticeable unless you're watching for them.

In order to send a PM scroll down in the right side bar and you'll find the message center under the heading Account Settings.

OR go to your 'My Account' in the top bars - Message centre is in there!! :S

Forum

Plymouth, England

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:08 PM EST  
Anonymous: slygirl

Test! Can I post a s'cap?

edit: apparently not...what's the trick to posting an actual photo and NOT an attachment?

Click on image to download

OKAY - got it (now where's the <thumbs up>...no, really, where is it Puzzled WE love that one!)

Now if I add another...do I put a "2" in between the words [file], and, likewise, a "3"?

EDIT: Just saw your reply, Judy, and I'd give you a <thumbs up> if I could find one - OH here Out :thumrt:

I figured it out THANKS to a PM from CJ...and a little searching!

I DO have a favorite new smilie .... Mug of coffee ...but most of them are giving me a headache (or maybe I've had too much Mug of coffee !

EDIT X2: Just saw your reply, too JudyB - :thumrt: - finding my way around this new fangled thang! Not real fond yet...but as I think I've mentioned: slygirl no like change...but she is adaptable!

By: jkr (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM EST  
jkr

Quote by: slygirl

Test! Can I post a s'cap?

Yes you can. Upload as you normally do but then click on File - as in the s'cap then add a number 1 between
the format [ file ] number one goes here [/ file]. All without the gaps of course. Wink

If you have two pictures then add 1 to the first and 2 to the second.

This posts your jpg as an actual picture and not as the .jpg code.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM EST  
JudyB

Welcome, slygirl! Welcome

There's a trick to it - Pat's tutorial explains it better than I can - link

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM EST  
JudyB

I DO have a favorite new smilie .... Mug of coffee ...but most of them are giving me a headache (or maybe I've had too much Mug of coffee !

Are the jumpy ones giving you a literal headache, slygirl? I know there are some that a number of people are sensitive to rapid movements - but we haven't actually had anyone who is volunteer to tell us what really should go somewhere else.

Thanks! :thumrt:Left thumb up

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM EST  

I prefer to read posts on a thread in descending order (newest first)...I changed it to that in my settings, but it doesn't seem to be accepting. Did I miss something? I'll go look again, maybe I didn't hit "Apply" or something....

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM EST  

Quote by: JudyB

Are the jumpy ones giving you a literal headache, slygirl? I know there are some that a number of people are sensitive to rapid movements - but we haven't actually had anyone who is volunteer to tell us what really should go somewhere else.

Thanks! :thumrt:Left thumb up

There is an awful lot of 'bouncy' ones now, isn't there...but I think it may be an overdose of caffeine in my case today!

The print is rather tiny...and I've 'zoomed it here on FireFox, but it didn't seem to change the font size much (tho smilies are definitely LARGER '8O:!Smile

And you're Welcome LOL!!!

By: Anonymous: slygirl () on Sunday, January 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM EST  

OH...and JudyB...I take issue with being referred to as a "newbie" here Titter

OMG - I will have to take a s'cap of a certain posters avatar and info before we make the permanent switch - PLEASE send out ample warning, OKAY?

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:44 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate