Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Welcome to the Forum! > Technical Help
 Report Cams Down and Forum Errors
 |  Printable Version
By: jkr (offline) on Tuesday, February 20 2018 @ 11:55 AM EST  
jkr

Darlene and Bev, I have sent a text to Ken.

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: DDuckies2 (offline) on Tuesday, February 20 2018 @ 02:25 PM EST  
DDuckies2

WHITE ROCK WIDE ANGLE CAM ISSUES
So After viewing replay of WA while it was on the eagle in platform nest this morning. I see that it is off! AS you could tell the live feed never had the eagle in center of screen - which is what I was seeing on the zoom cam.
What is shown on live feed is off from what we see while on zoom cam!! That is why the view was way off to the side yesterday when I had it pointing to nest but live feed was showing it way to the right of nest.
----------------------
Here is a sample of what the wide angle zoom cam and live feed shows , as you can see quite a different view. Chin
Click on image to download
--------------------
WHITE ROCK SOUTH CAM : Any word on when it will be back on line?
WHITE ROCK NORTH CAM: Any word on when it will be back on line?

Forum

Surrey/ White Rock

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, February 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM EST  
JudyB

Thanks for the pictures, DDuckies - they do a good job of explaining the issue!

Myles and some other folks are working with our cameras to try to get them to stream at high resolution. Zoomers can tell when they've switched a cam to high res because stream 1 (which is the one that goes to the web, and the one we originally were told to use for zooming) will have the date in the corner much smaller than usual.

If stream 1 has a tiny date, zoomers should switch to stream 2 (if that also has a tiny date, please contact me - but it should have the normal easy to read time/date).

What happened here (in non-technical terms) is that we (Hancock Wildlife) started sending a high res signal to the web, but for some reason, YouTube was still treating it like a smaller low-res signal, and only showing 1/4 of it. I was able to reboot the cam (which is what Peter from WildEarth suggested the last time this happened) - and that refreshed something at the WildEarth side, so they are now showing the whole picture, not just the upper left corner.

This should make a much sharper image at full screen than we've had before - but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work too well for cameras looking at things in the distance as it's hard for them to focus. But with luck it will be great for looking at eggs and baby chicks!

As far as I know Delta 2 East and White Rock WA are the only cams currently streaming at high resolution.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Saturday, February 24 2018 @ 06:29 PM EST  
Jean

3:27pm...........Having lots of trouble with runaway zoomer cams at Delta2 just now..........and not responding to controls (both cams). Maybe due to the snowy weather today? This morning's zoomers did not mention having any issues.

5:03pm...........Just on the zoomer cams...........they were working fine.

ADDED: Went on the cams again a few minutes later.........they were problematic again for most of the time I was on them...........then they were suddenly better towards the end.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, February 25 2018 @ 04:13 PM EST  
Jean

1:12pm............I continue to have control issues with both zoomer cams at Delta2. They are fine for a while, then both will suddenly be unresponsive and won't move........or they run away and don't want to stop.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: jkr (offline) on Monday, February 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM EST  
jkr

~Judy~

Forum

Beautiful B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:28 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate