https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Ask an Assistant
 |  Printable Version
By: noramike (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM EDT  
noramike

I know I'm not in the right area to ask this, but here it goes anyway. We have watched the eagles in various nests for a number of years. Suddenly this year, this past few days actually, the "players" on which we veiw each nest are not full size anymore. No control panel to turn on or off and because of this we missed the hatcihing of the second egg in the White Rock nest. The problem persists today. I contacted someone in England who was helpful as she had the same problem for a short time, but for her it went away. We are using a brand new laptop and run both Firefox and Explorer. The problem is evident in both browsers. However, when I went to my office today I can revcieve the stream correctly there. We cannot be the only people experiencing this problem. Everything showed up very well until about last Friday, I think. Very, very frustrating and disappointing. The other nests like the hummingbird nest in Victoria and the American eagle nests are fine, but they are a different fomat. Can you help? If you or someone there can figure this out can you please reply to noramike@live.ca Any help is much appreciated. We love watching. Love it.

Nora Young
55 Upper Prince St. #12
Charlottetown, PE C1A 4S6
noramike@live.ca

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Marg (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM EDT  
Marg

Hello Nora, I just tried to get into the White Rock cams with IE I went to HWF Live Cams clicked on the White Rock cams and had no trouble - I usually use Google chrome.
I went in to the right hand side and clicked on the square to get the large picture and it worked fine for me. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem and that you missed the hatching - I also missed it as I had to go out.Sad I'm sure that when someone else sees your problem they may be able to give further advice.

Please let us know if you are able to get the big picture.

Marg

aka sunshinecoast member since Aug22/06

Content Provider
[url=http://www.hancockwildlife.org/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=482309#482309

Forum

Davis Bay, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, April 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM EDT  
JudyB

Hi, Nora. I'm wondering if something is zoomed in - that can sometimes cause problems like that.

First thing to check - with Firefox - either go to the View menu, scroll down to Zoom, and choose Reset, or CTRL+0 (that's zero, not the letter)

I could recreate the problem by zooming out, so even if that doesn't solve the problem, you might try choosing Zoom In from the View menu and see if that helps.

Internet Explorer has similar options under the View menu.

If that doesn't work, let us know, and we'll see what else we can try.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: noramike (offline) on Saturday, April 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM EDT  
noramike

Good Moring All,

I want to thank anyone who may have even thought about how to fix our viewing problem.

Great thanks to JudyB who had the solution. Never considered the view in Firefox. I clicked zoom out, twice and then the entire cam image appeared. Never occurred to me. I love smart people! They've saved me more than once!

NoraThank You

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:13 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate