Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Screech Hollow
 |  Printable Version
By: PeaceInNature (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM EST  
PeaceInNature

I think it might have been good to have a message at the deleted link for awhile until everyone has transferred...some people lurked around occasionally that might not have caught the rather brief discussion of the deletion....Can this be done??Chin

Cecilia
Maryland

A Divine Voice sings through all creation[/i]

Forum

Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: grateful (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM EST  
grateful

Red Heart Red Heart HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, SCREECH HOLLOW FRIENDS Red Heart Red Heart

Click on image to download
photo by Nancy

Bev, that is great news about Phoebe. Cheers

Cherie, what an amazing surprise. Great picture.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. hug

Nancy

Forum

Lakeland, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM EST  
golden1

Happy Valentine's Day everyone !!Wub

We have a Valentine from mom Davenport. Second egg laid early this afternoon. Have not yet gotten a peek at 2 egg and missed the arrival when I was out shopping. Can't be home all the time. Elf has a video coming up.

Cam is supposed to live at FSV but it hasn't at last check. No egg there yet either. But mom is spening lots of time around the nest.

No third egg at Richmond this morning. Many are hoping for 3 there, but I am happy with 2.

I did not see a pip in either egg at Blackwater when I finally got a peek. But soon.

bbl

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM EST  
anna-holland

Red Heart Happy Valentine Day Everybody :hello: Red Heart

Here is a video from today at the Decorah nest. Saw two matings....well it is sure Febr. 14e Red HeartRed HeartRed Heart
click on me

Have a great day all :hello: hug

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Happy Valentine's Day Buddies!

I hope you all enjoyed, or are enjoying your day in your own way. Much love to all y'all......

I apologize for my absence. It has been a strange week. I had an car accident last Wednesday that was a wake up call that I was overdoing, overextending, you name it. I blew out two tires in my car and until today thought I had hit a curb. It appears now from what I just saw this afternoon that the curb hit my tires! It appears to have been broken and could not have been by me......so a lot is explained. A lot went well after the accident and both car and I are fixed up - two new tires, alignment on both of us.

In the interim Bleu and I had an incredible nursing home visit. Further improvement by the man in rehab. We visited over 50 folks that day.

One of my best friend's mom was in the facility and she passed away on Sunday - I knew she was going to when we visited and Bleu was asked to come say goodbye. Unreal, I think she knew. Her memorial service was today. She was 96 and born on my birthday. I will miss her presence but glad she is released from illness and pain.

Our hot water heater stopped working today, but we do have two so thankfully have one room in which to take a warm shower (the cold one this morning was well, cold!). That should get fixed this week hopefully.

Bleu has been dancing and prancing with the cold temps and the other night I saw maybe, possibly, a few snow flakes. What a joy, even if momentary.

I will be in here as I can; cutting back to just games and a tad of chat. It is cool to have time to watch the nests and I am totally absorbed in what I am viewing. The two ladies with Dad Norfolk are fascinating. Belle and Smitty are wonderful to say the least and that is just the tip of a part of the iceberg. What wealth we have here.

I will see you as I can....hugs,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: SARA (offline) on Tuesday, February 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM EST  
SARA

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY FRIENDS

Carolyn, I am so sorry about your accident, but am thankful you are ok (and the car too). Sorry about your friends mom, but glad she is released from pain.

I have also been sooooo busy. Lots of issues with the building arising from the sewer backup in December. Insurance is dragging their heels, so we have now gotten the building insurance involved in pushing them along. Also having to get some plumbing work done to keep a repeat from happening and that will be in all the spaces. Also dividing a double space into 2 singles with construction starting Thursday and maybe then enlarging the one that had the sewage problem into the other half of the division. I'll find out about that on Thursday or Friday. I had a financial meeting with the building owner this morning at 10:00. Of course I didn't set the alarm clock for that late of a "get out of the house", but guess what, I didn't wake up until 9:30. Must have been just exhausted. I woke up, glanced at the clock and thought "what day is it and what do I have to do?" It didn't take but a second before I had an "OH NO" moment, jumped out of the bed and got ready. Made it with 1 minute to spare. Need to head sleepy soon since I have to be at one of the retail stores at 9 tomorrow. Guess I better set the alarm just to be safe. I hate to wake up to it-even music. I like just to wake up when my body tells me too, but seem to be later and later.

I'll see you again when I can. I have been reading, but just no time to post.

SARA ~ ~ ALABAMA
Go and See and I will bring it back to Thee

Forum

HOMEWOOD, AL

Profile Email   PM

By: Grubby (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM EST  
Grubby

Have A Great Day Everyone!

JACKSON

Photo by...Diane
I'm just going through my personal photos and posting what catches my eye. I'm sure I have posted this before.

When You Share Something Nice,
It's Like Having It Twice!

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Wednesday, February 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Good Morning Friends!:hello: Happy Belated Valentines Day to you all!!!

I'm sorry I didn't make it to the Hollow yesterday but my close Friend Sue, that I often mention, lost her husband yesterday. We had played Hand and Foot on Monday and Sue sat next to me. We all left Carrolanne's house between 2:30-3:00pm. Not sure if Sue had gone straight home, but around 3:30pm her husband crashed his Ford Truck just houses away from their home. He went off the road and struck a tree. He was transported to MCG in Augusta, Ga. We all wondered why he wasn't taken to Aiken Regional, but as details came out, he had suffered massage head injuries that that's where those are transported to. He was on life support and their children from Ohio and Pennsylvania were summoned. He later died last evening at 7:30pm. Please pray for Sue and her family. The next few days are going to be extremely difficult, but all of us friends will be by Sue's side to help her through this terrible tragedy!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:51 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate