Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Screech Hollow
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, February 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning! Seems to be a lot of sleepy heads here today!!!

We are relatively mild today 1C/34F, and it is rather foggy. however, I would sure rather have fog than the white stuff on the ground!!

Sounds like you have a busy day in the works Jean! It seems you are always on the run, but it does make life fulfilling!

Not much going on here today - Gord has gone for coffee with the boys - their little gossip sessionSmile and I plan on typing up some minutes and stuff for an Annual Report. I should also be working on Income Tax stuff - but oh! how I hate tax time!!!! I need to get more organized! Would love to have a computer desk with a drawer to hold hanging folders etc. I use a bankers box at the moment, but the files don't move freely, and I end up putting stuff here and there :oops: - my own fault I know!

Have a good day all.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Saturday, February 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM EST  
golden1

The conference was great and best of all I saw several people I have not seen in over 15 years. So fun to catch up. I have many things to catch up on so I am not going this afternoon. Getting ready for dinner and hockey game also.

First egg at Davenport at 2:54 pm.
I checked in on the Davenport nest and thought maybe mom was ready to deliver the first egg. Sure enough at 2:54 pm there was the egg. She worked hard the last 5 minutes. I did not get the scap of the egg but I have seen it twice. Dad has not been back to the nest. Elf has a video coming up soon and I will post it later.

There was a snow squall with thunder at Richmond. No second egg there yet. Dad came in at 4:30 with a big fish for mom. Chatters said it was a shad, catfish or shark lol. She was up and so hungry. Lots of calling and squeeing there.

Velma sometimes the days just seem to disappear while others drag along.

We had about an inch of snow this morning and icy roads. Glad the conference was only 2 miles from here.

Av's won last night and so did DU.

Bev, thanks for posting at Richmond, much appreciated.
Later

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: SARA (offline) on Saturday, February 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM EST  
SARA

Good evening friends. BRRRRR It's cold here. This is the coldest weather we have had this season. Going into the teens tonight and only 30s tomorrow, then rain and sleet on Monday before it starts warming up into the 60s by Wednesday. I understand that Huntsville had snow flurries this morning, Barbara. They said we had some, but I never saw them. It will be a cold walk to church in the morning. And the Mercedes Marathon is tomorrow morning. I know the workers will be freezing and I bet the runners will be cold at least for a while. Last night I went to dinner and to see "One for the Money" It was a fun evening.

This morning on the local news I heard about some people who had seen a hibernating bear in a drainage pipe and contacted the news to go see it. This was in Wisconsin. They got footage of the bear looking up at them, then going back to sleep. I looked to see if they had it posted on their website, but probably won't be up until Monday. I'll try to remember to post a link when it is up. The news lady said that black bears are usually not dangerous unless cornered and will usually move away from you if possible. I thought that was very interesting since that is what Lyn and Sue say all the time. Guess the education from them is helping. :cheerguy:

Donna, glad you enjoyed the conference and congratulations on the new egg. Sorry you got more snow. Hope it melts soon.

Velma, glad to hear from you.

Jean, I bet you had a good time today playing games. Sounds like a lot of fun. Wonder if that second egg is in E & E's nest. And will there be a 3rdEgg hatch:

Cecelia, good to be hearing from you.

Diane, guess a little snow won't be too bad.

Bev, love the story about Gus.

Barbara, the ladies I was with last night were all from a Red Hat group here. Several of my friends from the Corvette Club are in that group. Only one was there last night, but I knew most of the others already. Anyway, they are planning a trip to Savannah in June. Wonder if you can tell me some "must see" places for them while they are there.

I've stayed busy today getting things done around here as well as my accounting work. Need to get all the sales taxes done before my trip on the 20th to Biloxi for Mardi Gras. I'll finish them up tomorrow, then won't have to think about them for another month.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and Sunday. See you again soon.

SARA ~ ~ ALABAMA
Go and See and I will bring it back to Thee

Forum

HOMEWOOD, AL

Profile Email   PM

By: golden1 (offline) on Sunday, February 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM EST  
golden1

February 12, 2012

Good Morning everyone.

What a day yesterday...seeing old friends, Egg #2 at Richmond and seeing the first egg laid at Davenport nest.

We had a good dinner before the game and found a place to park pretty close to the arena at DU. We saw a great hockey game. Minn is first in league and in the nation. DU beat them last night in OT. The winning goal was just a perfect set up and shot....really quick. The game was getting a bit out of control in the second period and you could tell that the coach told them no penalties, don't get drawn in.

Sara I wonder how many other places the bears find to hibernate. Hope you find the video.

Today I plan to rest up a bit but will be mopping and vacuuming up the dust from the BR remodel. It is almost finished.

off for breakfast bbl

2009 ~ Donna ~ Colorado

Forum

colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, February 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM EST  
IrishEyes

SECOND EGG AT THE PHOEBE NEST.. Another pre dawn hatch !

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Sunday, February 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Good Morning Friends!:hello:
Have lots to do today. Seems like there is never a day that I can just do "NOTHING"!! Oh the shame
I am going to make pasties today. I was going to do that last Sunday when I ended up rushing Don to emergency. The week was busy with doctors appointments, my social events, etc. So pasties making it is today. I also have laundry, ironing, sewing, etc to do, but everything will have to take it's place in line. I can only do so much. Last night I was so exhausted I couldn't even stay awake to watch TV. Got a good nights sleep, but this coming week is another "going" one! Faint
Tomorrow is Hand and Foot and it's at Carrolannes... she's the one that was critically ill several months back. We've all suggested that she not try to host us, but I guess it helps take her mind away from all her problems. Her heart is only working about 20% and she was turned down for a heart transplant due to other major health issues she has. She is supposed to go to Duke and another place in the north to see if she can be placed on a heart/lung transplant list. Since Carrolanne is insistant to hosting the group, I told her I would bring deviled eggs. I think Maureen is bringing something too. At least that will help her some!

Is anyone having problems bringing up cams from WildEarth?? Thumper can't get up the Ozark Cam but I have it running. I brought the cam up around 7:30am and have it running to monitor the nest. When I try to bring it up again, it won't stream. Don tried it on his computer and he can't get streaming either. We are all baffled at the fact I still have it streaming if WE is having problems!?? :dunno: I'm not complaining as I can at least keep watch on the nest!

Wish I had time to chat... but need to get moving here. Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: Tweet Dreams (offline) on Sunday, February 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM EST  
Tweet Dreams

Congratulations Phoebe and Auntie Bev!!!!Clapping

Glad to hear all is well with Pheobe and her chicks. Hope this is the begining of a good season this year!!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."
~~Jean~~

Forum

Aiken, South
Carolina

Profile Email   PM

By: PeaceInNature (offline) on Sunday, February 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM EST  
PeaceInNature

Donna: that is so weird when thunder and lightning accompany the snow. I just don't remember that happening when I was a child although it happened once in '77 my senior year spring in high school.

Can't seem to bring up White Rock today...screen remains black and them times out.

Phoebe is flitting in and out like the busy mom. Even sitting on the nest with her wings at rest, her tail continues to vibrate up and down so fast...I love watching the leaves budding on the rose branch just above the nest...new green growth is so comforting. I can just barely see the wee babe's head moving down under. Nest looks like it is made of spider webs, lichen, and maybe a little birch bark...what do you think? I was so enchanted the first time I found out hummers used spider webs in their nest building...seems like a woodland fairy like thing to do.

Had a beautiful little snow last night with lots of wind...but it politely did not collect on the streets. Still very cold though. Last night had a real fire in the fireplace for almost the first time this winter...just hasn't been cold enough...the boys were so disappointed over Christmas at not having any fires for the holidays.

Cecilia
Maryland

A Divine Voice sings through all creation[/i]

Forum

Maryland

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:51 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate