https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Friends of Hornby
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

And definitely last but not least is Bibbo (also an obscure Honeymooners character) who is 4 and rescued one happy day. She is in her guise of Copycat.
Click on image to download
carolyn

Oh my Jill and Nightowl, you have no idea just how Far Out of This World Series Discussion/Competition/Wishful Thinking/Dreaming/Daydreaming/Random Thoughts/Fantasy I am staying.....probably all the way out of the ballpark!
I believe that just might be intelligent, but then again It Wasn't Me (I had to use that one, just love it).

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM EDT  
nightowl

Thanks Carolyn! :-* Bleu is such a little angel and Ralph, Alice, Trixie, Eddy, and Bibbo are bee-u-tee-ful! Wub All Orientals, including the Siamese look so delicate. But as with all cats, they're Nature's little Ninja's. Titter Bibbo has that determined feline look on her face...I'm staying here, and am NOT moving. Green LOL

Jill, our kids play rough and tumble baseball. Think your Rangers can handle it? This is the look the Rangers will have when our boys come up to bat.... Fear the Red. Green LOL

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

Carolyn, some of my professional work as an RN Psychotherapist is with patients in nursing homes. I thoroughlly love working with the elderly. Once the Director of Nursing at a facility brought her pug puppy to work. What a wonderful impact that little puppy had on the patients!! Huge smiles erupted on people's faces that were otherwise vacant. One of my patients had a very poor memory, but every week thereafter she asked to see that puppy by name!! Red Heart I have learned to never underestimate the powerful loving influence animals have upon people. Thank you for what you and Bleu do!

Here is my (Coarse Haired) Jack Russell Terrier Mickey. We adopted him from our local shelter's event at PetSmart. He is an avid squirrel chaser. The neighborhood squirrels mock him every chance they can. Yes, and he falls for it every time....His friend Minnie (rip) is my avatar.

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

Nightowl...

Oh.....oh yea???? Well...Your little boys will be looking likeOut Don't Panic and Out :cry1: and then Out Cry Hanky
and after they strike out like Out Puzzled and when they're called out Out Rant: and then the crowd will
goOut :p :p

So there! Grin

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: beans (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM EDT  
beans

Hello everyone --

I see we're posting what we love. So I'll post a picture and short video of Mitra, the Raven I affection-trained almost a year at the wildlife hospital, while we were looking for a good home for him, as an Education Bird.

He was taken to Cascades Raptor Center in Eugene, Oregon a few months ago. He has a large, sunny outdoor aviary and is very happy. He is training all of the staff an volunteers there! I am so very glad (and relieved!) he has this fine home, with other education birds around, including other Corvids. He has always been treated with kindness, patience, understanding, and love. And his new staff at CRC adore him!

So here he is, in his aviary at the wildlife hospital a couple of weeks before he went to his new home. He is extremely intelligent, remembers everything, and knows words. For example, after spending about half an hour talking with him and feeding him blueberries, meal worms, etc., I would tell him I had to leave but would be back in five minutes. I returned in exactly five minutes. He came to learn what five minutes meant, and he would be waiting inside his aviary door for me. When I had to leave for the day, I would tell him I had to go and that I'd see him in a couple of days. The trained "Raven Staff" all worked with him so he would be at ease with a number of people. He can't be released back into the wild because he has poor eyesight. He is not an imprint. (We got him as a fledgling) He knows he's a Raven. He likes his beak stroke and his neck tickled. But only if he knows and trusts you. Trust must be earned. He loves to play in the water with his toys, throwing them across the aviary for me to retrieve. Yes, he trained me well. Wink

Video: I'm a Raven

He lost his tail in flying accidents before we got him, but he's now had his first molt and his tail is growing back!

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

wave Diana and Carolyn...I love the pictures of your kitties!! Oh how I wish I could have another cat. It just doesn't work out with my dog Mickey unfortunately. Beans, thank you for sharing Mitra with us! What a beautiful and intelligent bird he is. I am so happy that he has found a good home and will educate people about wildlife. It must have been a little difficult to part with him after all the work you did. At the same time, Mitra became stronger and able to reach many of the goals you set for him.

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: Riverbottom () on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Riverbottom

My friends. Huck and Boone in the snow. Lexi with the young chickens. How do I get these to post as photos and not links?

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM EDT  
nightowl

Morning Riverbottom! :hello:

I fixed your photos for you. BTW, bee-u-tee-ful pups and how cute are those chickens? Wub

You did everything right, but to get the photos to show you have to use the "file" button. After you have your photos from your computer, click on the file button. This is what it will look like in your reply box (minus the spaces). Put "1" between the middle brackets...] [ for your first photo. Click 'file' for up to 3 photos. It will look like this...again, minus the spaces...

[file ]1[ /file]

[file ]2[ /file]

[file ]3[ /file]

TADA! Your photos are there! Grin

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:53 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate