https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Friends of Hornby
 |  Printable Version
By: jbkgrants (offline) on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

Hummm.....St. Louis Cardinals vs. The Texas Rangers In the World Series......Hey Nightowl, we're gonna teach your guys a lession!!! lol....hehe

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: MissPriss () on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM EDT  
Anonymous: MissPriss

I found the Hornby site thru my great-niece in May 2010, watched Phoenix til the day she died. During this time my mom had fallen and banged herself up, we were staying with her 24/7. Soon as I got home, the computer came on and the eagles 'took away my troubles' for a few hours. Looking forward to a new year.....

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM EDT  
nightowl

Quote by: jbkgrants

Hummm.....St. Louis Cardinals vs. The Texas Rangers In the World Series......Hey Nightowl, we're gonna teach your guys a lession!!! lol....hehe

Dream on Jill! The Cards are the Comeback Kids!

I love how everyone found the cam! I never knew a pair of Bald Eagles could command so much attention just by going about their daily lives.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM EDT  
nightowl

Hmmm...talking to myself again, but what else is new? Titter

OK, I'll share a couple photos of my 'kids' LOL

This is Iseeyou, and yes his eyes always look like that. I'm kidding...he's got beautiful baby blues, but being the lousy photographer I am, they always turn out this way. Roll eyes He's 11 years old and is pushing 25 lbs. He got his name because I also had his mother (RIP), Peekaboo...and what follows Peekaboo? Iseeyou, of course! He's a much larger version of his mother. She weighed about 5-6 lbs. soaking wet.

Click on image to download

This is Slippers aka Iseeyou's tormenter. She'll be 3 in December. She's about 3 months old here. I got her about a year after Iseeyou's sister, Dot passed away. Iseeyou seemed so down without a companion, since he and Dot were always together and had been since they were born. Slipper's favorite pastime is pouncing on Iseeyou when he's asleep...when he's in the litter box...when he's eating...it goes on forever. She knows "stop it!" but being a typical feline, chooses to ignore me. Roll eyes She got her name by her cute little white feet.

Click on image to download

OK, I'd like to see or hear about your pets too! Nodding yes

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Riverbottom () on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Riverbottom

A 6th grade teacher where I work posted the link to the Hornby Eagles in an 'entire staff' email. I checked it out and here I am.

And, oh yes... GO, RANGERS!

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM EDT  
nightowl

Another Ranger's fan? Faint

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

OK Nightowl, that is one of the best reasons for naming a kitty.....I love your Iseeyou story! My husband named one of our kitties "Mistry" because she was sleeping on his Chemistry book. That kitty is long gone, but she was neat.

My kitties and dog have been posted thither and yon all over this forum and I believe there has to be a "statute of limitations" of some kind for prancing kitties and dogs from the same family so unless I see a particularly cute photo I would love to post will not. Miss Bleu is my avatar so there she is leaping and playing happily away into the pool, catching the toy. In her spare time she is a Therapy Dog at a nursing home with me of course. We love that work! It brings smiles and joy to many delightful folks (and some who were sad, but are not after our visit).

My youngest cat, Bibbo (4) likes to sit on my printer, copier and sometimes turns it on, so she is my Copycat. Her name is Bibbo.

I will stay neutral on the Rangers vs. Cards and just enjoy this conversation!
smiles to you,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Doug Carrick () on Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Doug Carrick

We used to visit my dad in an extended care home and bring Tom, our black lab. He just loved going there, with so many old people patting him. His highlight though was the entrance doors which opened automatically as you approached. Tom would run ahead, dash at the doors, and they would open for him. You could almost see him smile each time - an endless source of pleasure

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:29 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate