one day like this a year seems right

Liz

Forum

catonsville,
Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: winddancer57 () on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 05:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous: winddancer57

I more or less stumbled upon the Hornby Nest site.I have been with NBG nest since its beginning and wanted to see what other nests were around that I could watch.The year before Phoenix,I tried to watch but gave up because for some reason I wasn't picking up the cam.So about 2 months before Phoenix got sick we got a new computer with a new system and I was able to pick up the nest.I watched every morning and love it. I remember so well the morning I tuned in the nest and saw Phoenix with her wings out,wind blowing,I said to my hubby,I think something is wrong because she would not have stayed so still for the amount of time I watched. Then of course later on I found out this sweet angel had passed.I love the Hornby Nest,I never posted but watch all the time.I love my NBG nest and hopefully with Dad Norfolk finding a new female we may see new bobbleheads this season.Yesterday our beloved Mom Norfolk was honored at the gardens,she was one beautiful Lady. She has a plaza with a very large
bronze eagle in flight,so beautiful.In fact 6 months today she was hit by that plane coming in for a landing.Just a freak accident,she couldn't get out of the way.Sorry for talking about her but she means a lot to our Eagle Nation.

But anyway I love the Hornby Couple because they are beautiful,majestic and regal.I respect the age of this beloved pair.Hopefully we will see bobbleheads again this year.Looking forward to posting and meeting everyone
connected with watching this nest. I know very little about Doug,except he has done so much the past 22 yrs or so for the welfare of the Hornby Eagles and I have great respect for this man.I won't post about the NBG nest because that would not be fair while I'm here.I just wanted to tell you the how's and why's I came upon this nest which I have enjoyed. Thank you for letting me rant about my other beloved nest.

Winddancer 57 aka Mary

By: nightowl (offline) on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM EDT  
nightowl

It's great to see people sharing how they found Ma and Pa! Clapping Judy, that s'cap of Ma and Pa from '06 is priceless! Wub I could barely turn on my computer, let alone take a s'cap.

jwnix, since finding the cam I've become more aware of birds and nature around me, and our impact on them.

Last year, my daughter and I visited World Bird Sanctuary in Valley Park, Mo...about 40 minutes from me. I have a boss that volunteers there, so we got a behind the scenes tour. WBS is a rehab facility and has some non-releasable birds for various reasons, which are now their education birds.

If you watch the St. Louis Cardinals baseball home games (and who doesn't? Green LOL ) you might see this little lady around Busch stadium.

Click on image to download

Click on image to download

This is Patriot Wub, and she's saying 'hello' to us in the first photo. OK, that's my interpretation of her trilling when we walked into the enclosure. Titter I think there are 4 total eagles that fly at the home games...Patriot, Lewis, Clark, and I think Liberty.

Click waaaay bigger.

ETA...

Winddancer57, you can talk about anything in this thread, so no apologies needed. I agree, Ma Norfolk was a beautiful eagle, and I was saddened to hear of her death, but tickled pink Pa Norfolk has found a new mate!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: emlizard (offline) on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM EDT  
emlizard

1000est theyre here!!!!

one day like this a year seems right

Liz

Forum

catonsville,
Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

My story of how I heard about the Hornby Cam::: I have a dear friend who lives on the outskirts of Victoria, on a property on the coast that looks out toward the ocean. I know this property well because my grandparents used to own it and I would visit them as a child in the summertime. I always dreamed of sharing this magical place with my husband and daughter, and in 2007 we finally took a vacation there. I showed them all my favorite places, but did not think of disturbing the people who lived in my grandparents former place. After I returned home I decided to write these owners and we developed this wonderful friendship. Vicki loves wildlife as I do, and would tell me about the eagles perching in one of the trees, of whales migrating by, or of the hummingbirds flocking to her feeders. One day she told me about this eagle nest on Hornby Island she had read about in her local paper. Vicki thought I would be interested in checking out the cameras. This was in 2009, and the rest is history. I simply fell in love with Ma and Pa Hornby. In many ways I am a Canadian at heart. A big piece of me has been shaped in that magical place.

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: wenderooni () on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 12:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous: wenderooni

My dad sent me the link; he's always sending links to things he thinks I'll like. The first time I saw the nest, they were sitting on eggs; one of those eggs would soon be Phoenix. I was hooked immediately. The wonder of watching the egg hatch, the tenderness of Ma & Pa. It was unlike anything I have ever experienced. When Phoenix died...................I couldn't believe how devastated I was and didn't know if I could watch again. Then October came and the nest started to call me back. What a wonderful season last year was! Two beautiful eaglets. The joy of watching them fledge, And now, we have another fabulous year ahead of us.

I'm so thankful for this forum. It's a wonderful place to share our love of the nest.

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 12:02 AM EDT  
nightowl

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS WON OVER THE MILWAUKEE BREWERS, 12-6!!

NOW ON TO THE WORLD SERIES!! BRING ON THE TEXAS RANGERS!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: kiana () on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM EDT  
Anonymous: kiana

I used to live in Vancouver and spent many happy holidays driving up and down Vancouver Island looking for eagles. A friend and former colleague, knowing of my love of eagles, sent me the link in late April 2009 - I have been hooked every since.

Great people, great chats, fabulous photos/videos and incredible experiences.

I am so grateful that the cam is back.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:00 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate