Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 The Aunties of Delta2
 |  Printable Version
By: Diana-gogee (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 10:21 AM EDT  
Diana-gogee

Click on image to download

Good Morning AuntiesSmile Just found your nest Left thumb up
hugDarlenehug to you and Kalina.
I'll stop by more often fingers crossed for now I'll live you with a message from Jet Wub

Click on image to download

Have a great Sunday Auntieswave

We shall overcome and I believe in miracles!

DIANA
Toronto, CANADA

Forum

Toronto

Profile Email   PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 10:23 AM EDT  
Darlene

Quote by: jkr

GOOD MORNING TO ALL THE AUNTIES

((((Darlene)))) hug

Out of habit I checked the Delta2 nest this morning but nada. Even the raccoon hasn't paid a visit Sad

I'm trying not to get addicted to the white-bellied sea eagles until my Calgary Osprey fledge but they are so pretty it's hard not to.

It's a beautiful morning here so I'm heading out for an early morning walk before the heat sets in for the day :hello:

I am planning a walk to this morning. I just turned the Hellgate Osprey cam on and babies isn't there. She fledged too! I have to go there and read the news! Thanks everyone for your warm comments. Feeling better today!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Raining22 (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 10:27 AM EDT  
Raining22

Quote by: lovethebabies

I've never in all these years been involved in a chat but it feels good to come here with people I have come to love and trust! I have been a little under the weather today. I was going to go out to a game with Karen and Marg W tonight and then watch the fireworks with them but I have had an upset tummy all day. I think it is because this time last year I got a call from my daughter Cheri who was on her way to the fireworks that her daughter had been in a serious car accident and was at Abbotsford hospital. I broke speed limits to pick Cheri up from Surrey skytrain (about 20 minute drive) and then broke speed limits to get to Abbotsford hospital (another 40 minute drive). When we got there it was instant relief to hear Kalina (hawaaian name for Darlene) crying. That meant she was alive and conscious! We walked in to the ICU room where she was to see her covered in blood, crying and clutching her little lambie stuffy also covered in blood in the hand that didn't have iv. They had run her through a ct scan and nothing was broken but she had concussion (the top of her head looked like raw hamburger because the car her and her dad were in had rolled twice when he fell asleep at the wheel and slid off into a field. They were concerned because she kept crying that her stomach hurt and they were talking about air lifting her to Children's hospital. Finally the iv gave her enough fluids that they could get a clear ultrasound which showed now blood or swelling in her stomach. They gave her something in her iv to settle her stomach and with a minute she was so much calmer I could breath again! Her dad and her had no broken bones, only head injuries which have had a few minute repercusions for both of them and I thank God for that every time I see my precious granddaughter! She is now terrified of loud noises and sirens but we can deal with that! I seemed to have coped well this last year with what happened but for some reason today planning on seeing the fireworks with Karen just made me crash and brought back the most terrifying experience of my 55 years of life and I have not felt well today! I am very proud of Kalina though! When she came to, her dad was unconscious and she found his cell phone and called 911. She was just turned 7!

Wow, I haven't even shared this trauma to this extent with my 4 sisters. I can't believe I just unloaded on you all. I hope you know I love you all!

And we love you for feeling safe enough to share with us, Darlene. Kalina is your little miracle child and how brilliant that with all her injuries she dialed 911. She is a true gift to you and the accident turned out to be a blessing in disguise in that you will NEVER take each other for granted. Every day together will be a special present to you all. Hopefully, each anniversary will become easier for you but we are glad to be here for the 1st and most difficult one. Red Heart hug

"And little eagles wave their wings in gold. Alexander Pope

~ Debbe ~ 2011

Forum

The Maritimes,
Canada

Profile     PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 10:36 AM EDT  
Darlene

Thanks Raininghug It sure did make me appreciate every minute I have with her!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 10:57 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Oh Wow, Darlene, the Hellgate chick fledged? I need to stop there before our walk, trying to get it in before too much heat.

Raining beautiful words for Darlene. Diana, I am delighted to see you here! This is an incredible group of Aunties. i have grown to treasure their humor, smiles, wisdom and acceptance. Jas too.....i know you were often at Delta2 and I am so happy you are here. This is rapidly becoming a home for Bleu and I.

smiles,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: Darlene (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 11:24 AM EDT  
Darlene

Diana I love the picture! It's good to see you here!

Darlene, Langley, BC
aka Eaglelover1923
aka lovethebabies

Forum Admin
Admin

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Raining22 (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 11:56 AM EDT  
Raining22

jkr, jas, Diana (welcome) what AMAZING artists.

Do tell Wink If you could teach us all 1 trick a day maybe by next season we could be artists too Titter

Just saying......Cool

I am listening to Delta2 nest as I write and cannot get over the sounds. Just sounded like someone ripping up an envelope. I think Jet hired someone to hide her diary.

Well, I am out for the afternoon. Hope everyone has a SENSATIONAL SUNDAY!

"And little eagles wave their wings in gold. Alexander Pope

~ Debbe ~ 2011

Forum

The Maritimes,
Canada

Profile     PM

By: stim (offline) on Sunday, August 07 2011 @ 02:42 PM EDT  
stim

Raining, I've heard a sound like that too, close to the mic. I described it as plastic rattling I think. I wonder what it is? I too have the nest on as I sit here. lol What's cool here is that last weekend Hubbie and I found a new local nest with 2 eaglets still wingsersizing and Marg/sunshinecoast just found another with 2 eaglets as well, just up the road from the other. Cheers Eagle fixes will continue for a while I hope! fingers crossed

I did get in my walk with Hubbie this morning so I'm good for a few hours now. Cool My excuse is that my back likes this chair more than any physical exertion. Roll eyes

Darlene, so glad you're feeling better today. The trauma you shared with us all is very meaningful. Isn't grieving an incredible journey, never knowing just what will trigger a physical or emotional response? sad
It's wonderful you were able to be there for your daughter, son in law and Kalina. Left thumb up

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:04 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate