The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Relaxation and Chat Area > Garden Fence Chat
 Eaglelovers & Wildlife Friends
 |  Printable Version
By: Arlene (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM EDT  
Arlene

I am teary seeing all your wonderful photos of petsCry Hanky
They have such unconditional love and we are so blessed to have them let us share their lives!!!!Wub

Forum

Brandon, Manitoba

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

Good Afternoon Friends, :hello:

I was just checking in and see some great new faces I had not met yet. I joined in 2009, watching the Sidney and Haines nest. I did check in on WR and that is a beautiful pair of eagles with a gorgeous nest site. I was very blessed this past spring and summer to observe a pair of Bald Eagles and their two eaglets from birth to fledging. If you want to see some of the photos I caught check out this link to my threat here at HWF, Eagles Along The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers. This link is to the few last visits to the nest and watching the newly fledged juveniles. If you go back into some of the other pages you will find them in the nest. There are also photos and videos of other birds along the river, plus photos of the migrating eagles from the past few winters that winter along the Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois River near to were I live. Here is the linkOut

Eagles Along The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers and Other Wildlife.

Again I'm so glad to meet you all and hope to get to know you all better.:hello:

One of the fledged eaglets from the nest I observed along the Mississippi River this spring.
Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Watcher in the Woods (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 03:02 PM EDT  
Watcher in the Woods

Quote by: HikerBikerGram

Good Afternoon Friends, :hello:

I was just checking in and see some great new faces I had not met yet. I joined in 2009, watching the Sidney and Haines nest. I did check in on WR and that is a beautiful pair of eagles with a gorgeous nest site. I was very blessed this past spring and summer to observe a pair of Bald Eagles and their two eaglets from birth to fledging. If you want to see some of the photos I caught check out this link to my threat here at HWF, Eagles Along The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers. This link is to the few last visits to the nest and watching the newly fledged juveniles. If you go back into some of the other pages you will find them in the nest. There are also photos and videos of other birds along the river, plus photos of the migrating eagles from the past few winters that winter along the Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois River near to were I live. Here is the linkOut

Eagles Along The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers and Other Wildlife.

Again I'm so glad to meet you all and hope to get to know you all better.:hello:

One of the fledged eaglets from the nest I observed along the Mississippi River this spring.

Hi Hiker

,,, and a biker too. I had a 1985 Honda Shadow 500 which I got when I was 45 and then sold when I was 56 - I wanted to be able to travel with my dogs - but had a great time when I had it. My husband had a 1984 Honda Magna 750. The longest trip we took was from Vancouver BC to mid California but did lots of shorter trips.

Haven't had a chance to check out your thread yet but will ASAP. I am a photographer too. I have mostly been interested in landscapes and mostly with slides. It is just in the past couple of years that I have switched to digital.

Wonderful picture you posted.

Hope to see you on this thread.

"The way you do anything is the way you do everything"
Our support of HWF provides us the privilege of viewing this amazing process!

Forum

Halfmoon Bay,
Sunshine Coast, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Thank You Everyone for sharing your interests. I just have to say we sure have a lot in common. I'm in love with all the pets. I also note quite a few have gotten around this ole world of ours...fantastic. Would be fun to know which you liked best.

Mokiki, Kiki is so pretty...I love Calicos. You have quite the menagerie. I thought Carolyn had a lot of pets! I grew up on a farm so my love of animals is life-long.
CONGRATULATIONS to Yannick on his upcoming marriage. You like his choice for life partner? If that's too personal...ignore meLOL

:hello: jas, I've always liked your avatar and wondered who the beautiful dog is. Rescued animals make such loving
pets. All the cats I've ever had have found me. At one time I had five who had all wandered up to my door or backyard.
How early do you get up in the morning?

You are very welcome gr8lakes , I'm happy you found your way...grab a branch and get comfy.

:hello:Linda ~ I knew you liked pizza! Later I want to post your Content thread so everyone can see the magnificent
eagles and wildlife you see on your almost-dailyGrin journeys into the beautiful wild in your area of Illinois.

HI duckie ~ - Love that you went to the Netherlands. A very dear couple from my other nest live there...beautiful country.
I'm with you on the "fresh from the garden" foods! Do you have a garden? We have a great Farmers Market here on Tuesdays.
Great that you live so close to the nest.......any chance you could get photos?

Carolyn ~ Bleu is special and such fun. You know I'm crazy about your cats. The new photos show just how
beautiful they are and I thank you very much for bringing them to us.

Watcher ~ Rolling on floor laughing I feel like that too! and what you said about food...cracked me up.
Gorgeous Raven, Spencer & Katherinelove
Grandchildren are the best.....our reward for doing something right, lol. fingers crossed for the future.

Lana ~ That heron painting is really beautiful and I love the flower too. I know someone who is crazy for Herons so I must get him over to see your painting.

Oh Arlene, I'm so sorry about Harley; what a beauty he was. Pets are members of our family and it is so
hard to lose them. You did a beautiful job with the portrait........graphite is a very interesting medium.
My goodness, you did the Snowy Owl too! You are very talented!

Donna ~ I loved your updates on the beautiful St. Vrain eagles.

I have to stop here and have lunch. I'll be back to finish soon as I can. I am just so happy so many have made it here. I have truly enjoyed getting to know more about you. If I've made mistakes, forgive me; I've been multi-tasking.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: savewhiterocktrees (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM EDT  
savewhiterocktrees

Hi everyone!

Took me awhile to realize I had to go through that Garden Fence or Gate or Trellis or Tomato Patch to get here(...and I'm a gardener!) Look forward to chatting here. Will fill out the questions later, gotta run right now. If you're interested I posted today, the 26th, at 11:34am, about beachwalk to view the WR nest. Saw some cool behaviours you might be interested in!

Talk soon,
Sandy / savewhiterocktrees

Forum

White Rock , BC

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

wave I had to come back and show you this funny video. Gus, the dog wanted his pool inside the house!Titter
Good thing Carolyn's Bleu has an inground pool.......hot, hot, hot in Texas.

JUST TOO HOT OUTSIDE

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: Arlene (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM EDT  
Arlene

Oh Annie I fell over laughing at Gus taking his pool inside!!!!Rolling on floor laughing
He had an agenda for sure and I see he listens about as much as Harley did too....when he was on a mission!!!!!

Forum

Brandon, Manitoba

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Tuesday, July 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM EDT  
HikerBikerGram

Annie, I love that video, what a smart dog Gus is. He sure was determined!Titter

Hello Watcher In The Woods, My biker is cycling on a bicycle. Your motor bikes sound really nice. I have been doing wildlife photography for many years, by favorite are the migrating winter eagles. I love all wildlife and have Mute Swan Family I follow up on also. Nature sure is great! I look forward seeing you over at the my eagle and other wildlife thread. You will have to post some of your landscapes.:hello:

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate