The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 2014 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival
 |  Printable Version
By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, November 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM EST  
Jean

More..............The last of the photos taken from the boat.

Click on image to download

This is the beginning of pictures taken on land many of them from the area of the Sandpiper golf course.

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, November 16 2014 @ 06:42 PM EST  
Jean

More..................

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, November 16 2014 @ 06:46 PM EST  
Jean

More...............Looking out onto the water you can see several trumpeter swans too.

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Jean (offline) on Sunday, November 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM EST  
Jean

And the last...............

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Sunday, November 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM EST  
IrishEyes

HI everyone.........
Thank you Larry for the beautiful pictures of some of our friends attending FVBEF........ My .. what a good looking bunch.......... i recognize you Jean, Darlene,Karen B, Pat B, Marg, Earl , David and am trilled to see you and i am sorry....... the others i don't seem to know...........

Gemini.......... Scott did a spectacular job........ and i visited his thread early this am...and posted the link on the H Mills Nest Thread along with this one for all to see.

Jean.......WOW! I do love all your pictures...so clear.......... i am loving seeing all the eagles and the juvies melt my heart......they are all adorable..Cloud 9...... and i am a lover of gulls........ Red Heart the eagles you captured in the trees are spectacular.............. i love the T Swans.......... so beautiful.......

A huge thank you to all of you...............Big hugs

I will check in here again.....

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: Yolande (offline) on Sunday, November 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM EST  
Yolande

Hi Jean Just looked at all your snaps and they are wonderful!! Thank-you so much - it's great to see eagles close-up, and you've got lotsLeft thumb up It was really exciting to hear from both you and Scott that there are lots of eagles on our side of the river - we just can't see them - and who can blame them for wanting a river-side perch anyway. I wonder, too, if it was Mom and Dad Harrison that you spotted in the lower branches of the nest tree - hope it was. You will have seen them in person!

Your comment on the arrangement of trees to the left of the lone tree [cam view] is really interesting - we all see eagles going down what looks like a corridor, so glad to have that confirmed - it sounds like there are lots of perching options for them in there.

Thanks again for posting your photos - I am happy you had two great days out there at the Festival - that the sandbars are re-appearing, and that the eagles are coming. It's very exciting to have the Chehalis cams and the underwater cam back up - love to see those salmon in the river Grin

aka yojopro

Forum

Vancouver BC

Profile Email   PM

By: Lynne (offline) on Monday, November 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM EST  
Lynne

Saturday November 15 at the FVBEF
on the 10am boat tour: Bald Eagles in trees and on the beach with Glaucous-winged Gulls and dead salmon
at Sandpiper in the afternoon - empty nest
and salmon in the creek

aka spotted

Forum

Seattle

Profile Email   PM

By: cindymorris (offline) on Monday, November 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM EST  
cindymorris

I really enjoyed seeing photos from the FVBEF this year up already! I took some, but it will be a while before I can get them loaded into my computer at home as it is not up and running right now. It was a beautiful weekend for the festival for sure. We had a great time catching up with friends and seeing all the eagles. The boat trip with David was great, and the best viewing of the birds for sure.

Can't wait to make it back up there again next year. Might even make it back up to the area in mid-December, when the most numbers of eagles are there, if things work for an additional trip.

Great seeing all of you that attended this weekend. Smile
Cindy

Resolve to be tender with the young;
Compassionate with the aged;Sympathetic with the striving;
And tolerant of the weak and wrong.
Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Have a wonderful day!
Cindy AKA - kringlecat

Forum

Pacific Northwest

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:20 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate